Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

As far as I know, nothing has come out regarding England interest. That is to say, we don't know if they've been interested or not. Flores has never expressed interest in England so for all we know, they've inquired and he's said no.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:08 AM, SoCalTransport said:

This feels so much like we are trying to date the hot girl in school, but the problem is we don’t even know if she is good in bed, and she also seems like she is very dramatic, and will complicate our life.

Lets stop acting like beta orbiters and be the true alphas of CONCACAF, there’s always another hot girl, who will satisfy our needs 😇

As long as they show up....I'm good.

Marcello and his family handled the entire situation so poorly. leaves a sour taste in my mouth. good riddance

Herdman remained in regular contact with Marcelo through the process, as well as his father Ruben, who was believed to be influential in his son's decision. It is believed Flores' decision to play for Mexico is not dependent on whether he gets called into Mexico's World Cup side for Qatar. Flores has his heart committed to playing for El Tri, and Canada is out of the running.  

Privately however, it was believed Flores' and his father's preference was to play for Mexico from the very beginning.

Edited by king1010

If this is true, and not just a Wheeler inaccurate report. Then so be it. (Think we need something official at this point)
We move on, like we did with     insert name here   .

At the moment, we are missing out on a great youth player. Because that's all that he is.
As we all know, being a great youth player doesn't equal having a great senior career.

So only time will tell with this kid, and in between that time. 

The father has been so cagey with this process, there is no way a “random “ leak rather he must have been assured something by Mexico - otherwise he loses the leverage they were building.   

That said, I worried a ton during the Ballou saga amongst others so time will tell how this plays out 
Kid has talent no doubt, but, still a kid 

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

If this is true, and not just a Wheeler inaccurate report. Then so be it. (Think we need something official at this point)

At the moment, we are missing out on a great youth player. Because that's all that he is.
As we all know, being a great youth player doesn't equal having a great senior career.

Wheeler seems to be the CMNT mouthpiece, that is, he gets fed inside info by whomever involved with the running of the team.  He works for Onesoccer and is a big fanboy, never says anything bad about the players or those running the team, so it makes sense.  Even though he was wrong on the one tidbit (was it Yankov, I can't remember?) he gets most of the insider stuff right.

Edited by Ivan
spelling

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

100% true, right from the horses mouth.

3 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Wheeler seems to be the CMNT mouthpiece, that is, he gets fed inside info by whomever involved with the running of the team.  He works for Onesoccer and is a big fanboy, never says anything bad about the players or those running the team, so it makes sense.  Even though he was wrong on the one tidbit (was it Yankov, I can't remember?) he gets most of the insider stuff right.

This is pretty apparent at this point. Even the Yankov thing I maintain he accurately reported what he was told, but Yankov either misled the CSA or changed his mind after the fact.

I suspect that with 5 games in the coming 4 weeks, Marcelo might feature in a couple of those before heading to the U20 tournament.  As great as his father was to youth soccer in Ontario, I do believe he handled this whole process poorly.  

Both Herdman and Tata handled the circus perfectly in my opinion.  The ultimatum on going to world cup failed miserably for his side and I think he realized that so he went out and showed he was committed to Mexico.

I would not have wanted Herdman to handle this any differently than he did.  Offering him to camps was all that he has earned at this point.  Too bad he never got into a camp.  The real tragedy is that we never got him and many other dual nationals into our youth programs at a young age.

As @Shwaymentioned, as of right now he is just a very good youth player.  

2 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

100% true, right from the horses mouth.

I have not been following this as much as many but just focus on being the best footballer you can be and the calls will come. I am sure his club would wish him to do so.

But I am sure it is almost a requirement the way his career has been used by his father. 

4 minutes ago, El Diego said:

This is pretty apparent at this point. Even the Yankov thing I maintain he accurately reported what he was told, but Yankov either misled the CSA or changed his mind after the fact.

100 %.  I was going to edit my post, but you said it for me.  Actually, irrelevant now that the Flores tweet has come out.  A well written letter by the way, trying to undo some of the PR damage that was done by earlier tweets.  And Corazon's post was bang on as well. 

• JamboAl changed the title to Marcelo Flores