Cyle Larin

shermanator

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

How many here knew he'd make that move to the right to open up the counter? 

I laughed heartily, he's had 2 other decent chances and is a constant threat. Seems relaxed and is playing totally naturally.

I thought he should have returned to the MLS, man was I wrong.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:25 PM, baulderdash77 said:

Let me see:

Canada:

David. 14

Larin.  3

Ugbo.  1

USA:

Ream.  1

Reyna.  5

Pefok.  4

McKennie.  1 (in Serie A)

Aaronson. 1

Pulisic. 1

Mexico:

Guardado:  1

Lozano:  3

Jamaica:

Antonio. 2

Reid. 4

Bailey. 4

It looks like that could be it.  I thought Mexico would have more to be honest.

You missed Anthony Choco Lozano from Honduras, at Cádiz in La Liga.

Honduras

Lozano. 0

Never miss a chance to give Honduras their due.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Unfair advantage! 

Bet he was looking forward to showing off his legs with shorts in the snow.  Think i counted like 3 guys in shorts out of about 13-14?  No doubt he'd be one of them to brave it.

You'd be surprised, it's cold in Old Castille and there's snow almost every year. And Valladolid isn't as high up as most other Castillian towns.

I don't think you can say Spanish players haven't played in sub 0 temperatures.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

32 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

The only snow heaps that big in Spain are typically patronized by British tourists. For some reasons  

Two years ago last month

https://nypost.com/2021/01/09/two-people-killed-after-massive-snowstorm-pummels-spain/

This is today in Castille:

https://www.elnortedecastilla.es/castillayleon/directo-alerta-nieve-20230223100532-nt.html

In North America we don't play league matches in the winter, while they do, often in snowing and sub-zero weather, in many parts of Europe. The MLS season has softer weather than an average season in Germany, France or Spain.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Two years ago last month

https://nypost.com/2021/01/09/two-people-killed-after-massive-snowstorm-pummels-spain/

This is today in Castille:

https://www.elnortedecastilla.es/castillayleon/directo-alerta-nieve-20230223100532-nt.html

In North America we don't play league matches in the winter, while they do, often in snowing and sub-zero weather, in many parts of Europe. The MLS season has softer weather than an average season in Germany, France or Spain.

I guess this is where MLS club valuations vs. European clubs really shows- I don't know how every northern team does it, but I'm pretty sure most have access to indoor facilities that european teams don't always? I think Minnesota trains indoors, Montreal plays at the Big O until April, I think New England is purely outdoors, but being that they use the same facilities as the Patriots do, I'm sure they have the best grass heating system in the world. I've definitely noticed a lot more winter training in Jonathan David and Scott Kennedy IG posts than I have with our MLS players.

50 minutes ago, narduch said:

TSN hasn't picked up this Sunday's RV game.

Don't worry though there are plenty of re runs of Sports Centre and re runs of MLS matches on TSN2

Oh I’m so glad that I can watch old important games like last year’s DC United vs Toronto FC or the important classic of Real Salt Lake vs Vancouver instead of watching the only Canadian in La Liga in the past 14 years!  Fantastic programming choice.

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

Oh I’m so glad that I can watch old important games like last year’s DC United vs Toronto FC or the important classic of Real Salt Lake vs Vancouver instead of watching the only Canadian in La Liga in the past 14 years!  Fantastic programming choice.

Its literally barely any work for them. They already own the rights.

3 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

It may be no work but also no viewers.  If you are such a football junkie that you want to watch these games, you probably have other options to watch better live games.

Yes, but TSN has done this with other sports.  When basketball players Andrew Wiggins and RJ Barrett were in college, TSN televised their games with Kansas and Kentucky respectively when they would not have normally done so otherwise.  They weren't only televising them for the basketball junkie.  It was also for the casual sports fan that would have had great interest in the Canadian storyline.

Edited by Metro