Cyle Larin

shermanator

Its amazing how in a good enviroment these players flourish...(and not just Kyle look at Jacob!!)

Like I always say they dont wake up one morning a shit footballer, (the talent is still there) the coach, place, style really effect how they perform...I'm sure it was a horrible situation at brugges that hes glad to be away from and I'm so happy hes found is groove again(good for him and Canada!!)

People really never see the down and sad side of being a footballer..Thye see the glix and glamour..the fans, cars etc.. it's an incredible hard and taxing (and short)career...most spend their whole career with a few good moments(unless u play for a top 6 team) and mostly disappointment(fighting for a place, to stave of relegation, to just get paid)...they spend a lot (I mean a lot ) of time on the road away from their family and feel immense presurre to always perform at the highest level...and sometime you need a bit of luck...God forbid you hit bad form or do something wrong the fans turn on u in an instant (and can be really abusive online...)

Yes this is from experience (personal and my son) and don't think I'm moaning at ALL he wouldn't change it for a moment he is incredibly grateful and humble for what he has...just an insight Into its not all rainbows and roses..fans tend to be so hard on them not knowing what else is going on behind the scenes...

Sorry for hijacking the thread..

Very happy for Cyle!! onward and upward!!

Edited by spitfire

15 hours ago, Obinna said:

Ugh...I don't want to see this. Not yet. Larin finally has found a club and system that's clicking. La Liga is arguably the best league in the world, or at least the 2nd best league. If they stay up, then he needs to sign on permanently and see what happens from there. He's already taken one gamble with Brugge and it didn't pan out. Let him stay with Valladolid permanently. If he scores double digits next season in La Liga, which is his current pace, EPL suitors will still be sniffing around. He'll still be on the right side of 30 and will still be young enough to make that final big transfer to the EPL. 

The other part of the logic is the buy option that Valladolid has. Normally you exercise your buy option, which the player would have to accept; then the player signs the new contract, then you move the player, immediately or in the next 1-2 windows.

It's a bit like Paços first buying Eustaquio then selling to Porto.

Larin could make a move where he refuses the RV option and then Bruges gets to make the big sale to a PL club, or a higher level Liga club. This would, however, be a bit disloyal--since Valladolid bet on you, played you and helped raise your value, it would be far better to let them collect the transfer fee, and no-one would begrudge you moving on, they know what their relative level is. 

First, the main condition as I see it, is for Real Valladolid to stay up. Otherwise he goes back to Bruges, and they start dicking around with him like they did before.

15 hours ago, frmr said:

With all due respect to Larin, who admittedly has far surpassed my expectations with his start in La Liga, I think the Premier League would chew him up. But, if it happens, I would gladly be proven wrong.

It's harder to score in La Liga than in EPL, which is still a kick and run free for all half the time. EPL has more goals, less defensive rigour and tactical fouling, less control and change of pace and tempo, refs allowing you to play more with less carding, less strategic play like late in games--possibly easier for strikers.

I think there is overwhelming evidence for the superiority of La Liga, even in a poor moment like now, which is only questioned by those spoon-fed EPL since birth, or from British stock, or unilingual, or lacking in global football culture, the purveyors of football myopia.

In any case, depends how you read how a striker scores. Larin is not normally considered technical, but every goal he's scored for RV has been quite high precision with quality service so far. And he's missed a few more, or been just offside, with good service too. Would a move to EPL eliminate the quality of passes and crosses he's receiving? The same question could be asked when thinking where Jo David might thrive better.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

40 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Larin could make a move where he refuses the RV option and then Bruges gets to make the big sale to a PL club, or a higher level Liga club. This would, however, be a bit disloyal--since Valladolid bet on you, played you and helped raise your value, it would be far better to let them collect the transfer fee, and no-one would begrudge you moving on, they know what their relative level is. 

I wouldn’t be entirely shocked to see something like this go down. Larin has shown a tendency to rock the boat when it is in his own interest.  We saw it with the conditions of his exit from MLS and also at times with Besiktas.   And in terms of disloyalty to RV, if his goals are a major factor in keeping them up (which is most definitely the trend right now) he may feel that the quid pro quo is already fulfilled and he isn’t indebted to the club.  And there would be some justification in that.  

He may stay at RV next season and be perfectly happy there.   But given his past,  it is hard to predict Larin’s path going forward next year.  

Pretty sure Club Brugge can not do anything about it if the conditions are met.

I assume they are RV not relegating + a certain amount of goals. Once that is set the move will be triggered. CB will not be able to back out.

But as I mentioned above RV avoiding relegation is still not certain.

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Pretty sure Club Brugge can not do anything about it if the conditions are met.

I assume they are RV not relegating + a certain amount of goals. Once that is set the move will be triggered. CB will not be able to back out.

But as I mentioned above RV avoiding relegation is still not certain.

I would assume minutes played and/total games would also be a condition for his loan to be made permanent. 
Hopefully Larin keeps performing and scoring. If he does that, he will hopefully be happy and increase his opportunities for further success (whatever that may mean to Cyle). 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wouldn’t be entirely shocked to see something like this go down. Larin has shown a tendency to rock the boat when it is in his own interest.  We saw it with the conditions of his exit from MLS and also at times with Besiktas.   And in terms of disloyalty to RV, if his goals are a major factor in keeping them up (which is most definitely the trend right now) he may feel that the quid pro quo is already fulfilled and he isn’t indebted to the club.  And there would be some justification in that.  

He may stay at RV next season and be perfectly happy there.   But given his past,  it is hard to predict Larin’s path going forward next year.  

I agree that his history with clubs has not been amicable, he forced himself out of Orlando because they wanted to apply that illegal automatic option clause the MLS clubs do (similar to Camilo at Caps). Then Besiktas gave him few chances and loaned him out and he may have felt snubbed; he comes back in and has one good season, but with a year left on his contract he refuses to re-sign and spends months preparing to leave on a free transfer. Gets the salary he wants, but doesn't convince them at Bruges and seems to be devalued by them when the team was in need. And then negotiates the Valladolid loan, with specific terms to leave Bruges included, suggesting he'd turned that page. 

He does seem to be very much part of the group and very invested at Valladolid, who knows if all he needed was the right sort of human-football combination.

Still, he doesn't really lose much re-signing for Real Valladolid, unless the new and longer contract makes a transfer payment that much costlier for buyers, when being back at Bruges he might go cheaper. Remember: players who cost a bit more may end up losing on the salary side, and those sold for a bit less may find they can get better salary terms.

They play Athletic Club (Bilbao) on Friday at 9 local time.

Then the international break, if he goes he can go early. After the break they go to the Bernabeu, April 2nd.

If the team does the job vs Curaçao, perhaps you could allow certain players to skip Honduras, but you have to be careful. Anyways, he could be back in Spain midday Wednesday and have plenty of time to recover and train for a Sunday match vs. Real Madrid.

I'm looking to go to the away match vs. Villareal, 16 April. If anyone is through Barcelona, I'd be happy to have company, would drive down. Unfortunately, Valladolid played away to all the teams near me in the first half of the season, Villareal is the closest fixture.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 2/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, Free kick said:

True.   But one could argue that when they made those decisions to show Kansas and Duke games it was because both Wiggins and Barrett were projecting to be first overall picks in the NBA draft.  It turns out that Barrett went third overall but still these players were garnering mainstream attention (on both sides of the border) for that reason.  Namely, that they were projected as basketball superstars or game changers. 

TSN is just aching for that GTA born and raised NBA generational talent/superstar to emerge.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

They really run a lot of their attacking play through the wings.   Having Larin playing in a system where crosses are constantly being pinged into the box may not be a bad thing in a team with Davies and Buchanan.  

It also plays to David‘s biggest strength as a guy who makes a lot of late runs and is opportunistic in the box.