Cyle Larin

shermanator

If my memory serves me correctly, i think Larin has accumulated 2 yellows now.  He had one for time wasting a few games back and now one for defending his teammate Roque Mesa who clearly kicked the Elche player in the stomach.  I wonder if the ref just didn't understand what he is saying.

I heard Ruqui Puig say he’s never had to do any fitness at Barcelona, where he’s had to change his body and fitness levels.

From when I’ve watched La Liga there is a lot more tactical fouls which I think is down to “laziness”….instead working hard to run back to get into position players will opt for the shirt grab, or leg out in transition which is an instant yellow. 

6 hours ago, red card said:

la liga refs are red card happy. More than Serie A, Bundesliga & Prem combined for this season.

https://twitter.com/marca/status/1630185650971353089

Fp-UwNMWAAIETd6.jpg

They've been commenting on this for a few weeks. But apart from Mateu Lahoz showing the Liga-ref technique in the Netherlands - Argentina match, there are so many screw ups it's not funny. Getafe tied Cádiz late in Friday on the most ridiculous penalty call, it was a blatant dive. But Var officials are afraid of defying reffing errors. It's authoritarianism backed by puppets in the VAR room.

Valladolid hasn't been negatively affected by this however, at least not blatantly.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

So just to set the scene: 11 point spread between direct relegation and qualifying for Europa League. 

All the teams after 5th place taking points off each other and no team pulling away.

So looks like RV will be 2 points above relegation at the end of these fixtures, but 9 off a spot in Europe. Usually in Spain with 42-44 points you avoid relegation.

7 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Seems a little early for this, but would be unreal if true

Ugh...I don't want to see this. Not yet. Larin finally has found a club and system that's clicking. La Liga is arguably the best league in the world, or at least the 2nd best league. If they stay up, then he needs to sign on permanently and see what happens from there. He's already taken one gamble with Brugge and it didn't pan out. Let him stay with Valladolid permanently. If he scores double digits next season in La Liga, which is his current pace, EPL suitors will still be sniffing around. He'll still be on the right side of 30 and will still be young enough to make that final big transfer to the EPL. 

Am I remembering properly that Larin had interest from West Ham at some point when he was at Besiktas?

Definitely don't need to see these rumors so soon, but Larin currently has the 10th most goals in La Liga this season, tied for 36th overall, same number of goals as Joao Felix who was sold for like a billion dollars to Chelsea (half as many games- yes he's like 8 years younger or whatever). You add his one goal at CB, and he's even on goals with guys like Dembele, Inaki Williams, one back from Raphina, Pedri, etc. Still way too early to see how sustainable this is, but he has 13 games left- even if he scores a "modest" 4 more goals, that's 8 on the season- 8 la liga goals will, historically speaking, get you firmly on some very good teams radars. He wouldn't even need to maintain his current pace to hit 10 goals this season and land himself in the league's top 10 scorers having only played half the year.

I'm not worried about Larin playing in the premier league. He's shown at every step of his career that he can step up to the opportunity and seize it, and he's given none of us a reason to believe that he'll suddenly fall flat. Passive, like he sometimes was at Besiktas, sure, but the EPL will not give him any opportunities to take his foot off the gas, and like we've seen when Larin is at his best, he's really good.

15 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Am I remembering properly that Larin had interest from West Ham at some point when he was at Besiktas?

Definitely don't need to see these rumors so soon, but Larin currently has the 10th most goals in La Liga this season, tied for 36th overall, same number of goals as Joao Felix who was sold for like a billion dollars to Chelsea (half as many games- yes he's like 8 years younger or whatever). You add his one goal at CB, and he's even on goals with guys like Dembele, Inaki Williams, one back from Raphina, Pedri, etc. Still way too early to see how sustainable this is, but he has 13 games left- even if he scores a "modest" 4 more goals, that's 8 on the season- 8 la liga goals will, historically speaking, get you firmly on some very good teams radars. He wouldn't even need to maintain his current pace to hit 10 goals this season and land himself in the league's top 10 scorers having only played half the year.

I'm not worried about Larin playing in the premier league. He's shown at every step of his career that he can step up to the opportunity and seize it, and he's given none of us a reason to believe that he'll suddenly fall flat. Passive, like he sometimes was at Besiktas, sure, but the EPL will not give him any opportunities to take his foot off the gas, and like we've seen when Larin is at his best, he's really good.

Yup. Everton also. In fact, I believe both clubs were linked to him when he was at Orlando too.

Then, after his 19-goal season both clubs re-emerged as speculated destinations, along with Leeds. 

Just now, Obinna said:

Yup. Everton also. In fact, I believe both clubs were linked to him when he was at Orlando too.

Then, after his 19-goal season both clubs re-emerged as speculated destinations, along with Leeds. 

Fiorentina was another big club too. People hear premier league and think top 6 club, but every big but not great club in the world is looking at how Larin has basically singlehandedly saved Valladolid from relegation so far (I think 7 points have been generated from his goals?). Even this year, it's not hard to see that a team like West Ham or even Wolverhampton not benefiting from his play. Wolves have allowed 37 goals- equal to 9th place Fullham and 4th place Tottenham, yet have only scored 20- on par with last place Southampton and a full 11 fewer than 19th place Leeds. You figure around 5-7 goals from Larin at this point in the season, and all of a sudden, they're on par with Chelsea for goals.

I really like what I’m seeing from Larin in La Liga.  I think he’s found a home for a while and the fans are completely embracing him.

I’d rather see him put up the 6 goal condition to make his transfer permanent and see him put up a double digit scoring season in the 2nd best league in the world than move to the Premiership.  It’s really a top end scenario seeing him getting 10+ goals next season as “the man” for a La Liga team.  Let’s see that.

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

3 months ago: “Larin should move back to MLS to get playing time”.  

Now: “Larin should get out of La Liga and play in EPL”. 

Crazy.  

Same guy as he was a few years ago..scores whenever he can get on the field.  Same old V's, never happy with where a guy is playing.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

3 months ago: “Larin should move back to MLS to get playing time”.  

Now: “Larin should get out of La Liga and play in EPL”. 

Crazy.  

Text book examples of "right-place, right-time".  Or "wrong-place, wrong-time."  maybe?  By that I mean that's football isn't it?  What a business.

I've written it before and I'll write it again.  Anything worth doing only came about through planing, hard work, determination and a bit of luck.  But the really great things, the really great things, well, they just sort of happen all at once dont' they?  

How to tell the this from that?  Don't know.  Spain or England?  Now or never?  Thank Gawd its not my problem.  Pretty cool problem to be troubled by though, no?

Wrote Cheeta as he listens to Jimmy Jazzy after ANOTHER 10 hour day down at the shop whilst he licks his wound with his 3rd double rye & ginger.