Cyle Larin

shermanator

24 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It’s in TSN.

Larin just had a pretty sold run, drew a yellow pretty deep in their territory. Like the first dangerous play from Valladolid so far

Totally bullied Berchiche on that one. Once Larin gets a head of steam going he's a dangerous dude.

16 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Totally bullied Berchiche on that one. Once Larin gets a head of steam going he's a dangerous dude.

I don’t wanna say “imagine Larin on a good team” all things considered, but it’s hard not to see what he’s doing here and wonder how he’d look on a team that isn’t completely offensively stunted.

7 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Hate that that's a handball offence, imo that's not a deliberate handling or making the body unnaturally bigger...

I have to disagree. He was making himself bigger with the arm away from the body. A defender should have his arms behind his back in that position.

7 minutes ago, frmr said:

I have to disagree. He was making himself bigger with the arm away from the body. A defender should have his arms behind his back in that position.

Making himself bigger, yes. But unnaturally? Imo that's a very natural position, his arms are there for balance. Extremely normal position. I don't want defenders to have to defend with their arms behind their backs.

I understand I'm likely in the minority here.

15 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Making himself bigger, yes. But unnaturally? Imo that's a very natural position, his arms are there for balance. Extremely normal position. I don't want defenders to have to defend with their arms behind their backs.

I understand I'm likely in the minority here.

That is to me (and I referee) is the definition of an unnatural position, I haven't seen the video of the handball.   Players putting their arms behind their backs is telling the referee they don't trust them to make a proper call.

33 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Any way to find out where Larin ranks in goals since his arrival?

In the top 5 leagues since January 1, with his 5 goals, he is tied for 18th.

There are 7 ahead of him in France including Mbappe, Messi at six, Ben Yedder at 9, David at 10 and tied for first; 4 in England including Kane and Haaland at seven and Rashford at 8; 1 in Germany; 1 in Spain, only Enes Unal for Getafe has more; 5 in Italy including Osimhen at 10 tied with David.

That and he started late, he signed for Real Valladolid on the 24th of January, so he missed 3-4 games. He scores a goal every just over 100 minutes.

Transfermarkt will let you do the calculations.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

45 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

In the top 5 leagues since January 1, with his 5 goals, he is tied for 18th.

There are 7 ahead of him in France including Mbappe, Messi at six, Ben Yedder at 9, David at 10 and tied for first; 4 in England including Kane and Haaland at seven and Rashford at 8; 1 in Germany; 1 in Spain, only Enes Unal for Getafe has more; 5 in Italy including Osimhen at 10 tied with David.

That and he started late, he signed for Real Valladolid on the 24th of January, so he missed 3-4 games. He scores a goal every just over 100 minutes.

Transfermarkt will let you do the calculations.

Yeah, I was curious where he ranks in La Liga since January 24th- he’s already 26th in la liga this season (giving him the tiebreaker for players with 5 goals considering games played)- I guess he’d be second behind Unal who is playing out of his mind.

on that note, this goes to show how insane JD’s form is. Larin looks absolutely dominant right now, which he is, but you look over at David who has doubled him up in the same span of time. Just incredible form from our strikers right now. I don’t know what I’ll do with myself if Larin gets one against Madrid. Might have to fire up my Larin *to* Madrid agenda.

Edited by InglewoodJack