Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 hour ago, Metro said:

Yes, but TSN has done this with other sports.  When basketball players Andrew Wiggins and RJ Barrett were in college, TSN televised their games with Kansas and Kentucky respectively when they would not have normally done so otherwise.  They weren't only televising them for the basketball junkie.  It was also for the casual sports fan that would have had great interest in the Canadian storyline.

Barrett played at Duke, not Kentucky.

2 hours ago, Metro said:

Yes, but TSN has done this with other sports.  When basketball players Andrew Wiggins and RJ Barrett were in college, TSN televised their games with Kansas and Kentucky respectively when they would not have normally done so otherwise.  They weren't only televising them for the basketball junkie.  It was also for the casual sports fan that would have had great interest in the Canadian storyline.

True.   But one could argue that when they made those decisions to show Kansas and Duke games it was because both Wiggins and Barrett were projecting to be first overall picks in the NBA draft.  It turns out that Barrett went third overall but still these players were garnering mainstream attention (on both sides of the border) for that reason.  Namely, that they were projected as basketball superstars or game changers.    I dont think that they gave the same coverage to Kentucky when Jamal Murray was there or when Shae Gilgeous Alexander was there.  Or, Oregon when Dillon Brooks played there and Arizona when Benedict Mathurin played there.    

Its judgement call on their part so I can understand that you have to draw the line somewhere.   There were 141 Canadians last year playing Division 1 Basketball in the US.   They wont show all of them all the time.   Although,  I would like to see Larin's games in la Liga more often,  I dont see the same projected stardom in his case and in his sport as I see and saw for Wiggins and Barrett in their sport.  Moreso given that Jonathan David is actually ahead of him in the NT pecking order for forwards.   Just my opinion.

Edited by Free kick

19 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He worked hard, could have nabbed a goal, but was quite alone and the team didn't link up well through their attacking lines. Celta had successful counters and was more talented.

Next Sunday afternoon home to Espanyol, they have to get points at home.

Looks like TSN has that one on their main network channel.

Reading again that Pacheta might make changes. They said that last week too, and he started anyways. Machis isn't ready so they need outside and more effective mids, he needs service. Espanyol has striker Joselu back, so the teams will be well matched.

No idea if Koleosho will be with the 1st team or B, who play tomorrow noon. Or has he already gone to that Italy u-19 camp?

Pacheta played for Espanyol for many years, it's an important game for him and I'd say must win for Valladolid.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

35 minutes ago, Joe Keeper said:

With the way Cyle is going personally and numbers wise, I think he might be due for a brace in the next game or two. If any of RVs next few games are very open, high shooting affairs, a hat trick is not far fetched. 

You forget they are playing teams in Spain, not England.