Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

Well Henry was starting a lot of games before he went to europe and has been a better than average starter in a better MLS today.  Cornelius and Miller are both youngsters that will start over 30% of the time in their first seasons in the league.  I agree with Dominic, that there are probably 2-3 guys in the CPL that could step in and be part time starters in MLS right now. Sure he would be an big upgrade with a lot more room to improve. But as for Tomori coming over and being a star in MLS....well how many UK players have come over with big time pedigrees and fallen flat on their faces. 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Well Henry was starting a lot of games before he went to europe and has been a better than average starter in a better MLS today.  Cornelius and Miller are both youngsters that will start over 30% of the time in their first seasons in the league.  I agree with Dominic, that there are probably 2-3 guys in the CPL that could step in and be part time starters in MLS right now. Sure he would be an big upgrade with a lot more room to improve. But as for Tomori coming over and being a star in MLS....well how many UK players have come over with big time pedigrees and fallen flat on their faces. 

It was like a handful of games before he got injured (twice) but Henry looked comfortable at a Championship level.  Man of the match in a couple in a row, if I remember correctly.  So I choose to believe he was not that far off Tomori.

8 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

After watching how god awful both Henry and Cornelius were last night it's hard not to keep coming back here. Hope is a dangerous thing and as long as he isn't capped there is hope. 

I hate criticizing our players but yaaaaa last night, oof.....

That defending in the first half was not good enough to get us anywhere competitive on the international level vs good attackers.  To be fair, I do think both Henry and Cornelius can play a lot better then yesterday's match. If we are in the #7-35 side, only takes 10-15 mins of bad defending to be bounced from WCQ

3 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

I hate criticizing our players but yaaaaa last night, oof.....

That defending in the first half was not good enough to get us anywhere competitive on the international level vs good attackers.  To be fair, I do think both Henry and Cornelius can play a lot better then yesterday's match. If we are in the #7-35 side, only takes 10-15 mins of bad defending to be bounced from WCQ

30 seconds would do it. They are nothing if not efficient. 

It is a confidence situation for sure at the Whitecaps at the moment. They have both looked great, Henry especially this year but neither are immune to the costly brain fart and dropping a clanger at any given moment. Praise be to Miller! 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

30 seconds would do it. They are nothing if not efficient. 

It is a confidence situation for sure at the Whitecaps at the moment. They have both looked great, Henry especially this year but neither are immune to the costly brain fart and dropping a clanger at any given moment. Praise be to Miller! 

I only put 10-15 mins because over 120 mins in a home and away I do have confidence in our mids and forward that we can score 2+ goals :).

12 hours ago, JuicyHam said:

After watching how god awful both Henry and Cornelius were last night it's hard not to keep coming back here. Hope is a dangerous thing and as long as he isn't capped there is hope. 

There's an old Italian (I think) saying " Hope is always the last to die"

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Whether we want to hear it or not, he gets a start.

His first with them, I believe..

I'm watching later on replay but twitter says he is composed, classy, and confident at the back. He's been dangerous on set pieces, as well, apparently.

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Chelsea isn't the usual Chelsea and there's a lot of CBs ahead of him in the pecking order.

Maybe its more wishful thinking but...if Chelsea remain mired in midtable because they give up leads like that to offensive powerhouses like Sheffield United,  people will not be thinking: let's go out of the way to cap one of their defenders.  Whatever Chelsea fans say, they seem to be having the same problems they had with Christiansen there.

I only saw the goals (Match of the Day is coming up, might be more there) but for me he took up a positions for both where he wasn't able to have an effect on either the cross or the runner.  Some of that is Zouma being Zouma but still.  They need Rudiger back badly and he played 90 minutes for the Dev. squad this week, I believe. 

Very much early days, of course. 

And I feel bad that I am enjoying this so much. 

Look at it this way, I mentioned that he started for the first time on the West Ham forum I frequent.  

The response was: "Who?"  

I guess the point is there are a lot of good young players with current and past u21 England caps. 

For MLS fans on here, Michael Mancienne has one of the highest number of u21 caps ever and had a very similar start to his career and could have played for someone else.  Got a call up but never a cap for England.