Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

For Chelsea there is a large gap between center backs.

The first 4 center backs with years of experience.  Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger & Zouma have immense European experience.  Zouma had a standout year on loan last season.  So much so that I believe Zouma would have been brought back regardless of whether the transfer ban was enforce.

There is a bit of a drop after hose 4 center backs.  Omeruo, Miazga, Hector & Tomori all round out the roster.  To me Tomori could easily slide in as the 5th center back but is clearly behind the first 4 grouping.

I believe there is a new rule being enforced that will not allow big clubs like Chelsea to have a long list of loaned players, so Chelsea may be forced to sell some of these players.

6 minutes ago, Corazon said:

For Chelsea there is a large gap between center backs.

The first 4 center backs with years of experience.  Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger & Zouma have immense European experience.  Zouma had a standout year on loan last season.  So much so that I believe Zouma would have been brought back regardless of whether the transfer ban was enforce.

There is a bit of a drop after hose 4 center backs.  Omeruo, Miazga, Hector & Tomori all round out the roster.  To me Tomori could easily slide in as the 5th center back but is clearly behind the first 4 grouping.

I believe there is a new rule being enforced that will not allow big clubs like Chelsea to have a long list of loaned players, so Chelsea may be forced to sell some of these players.

Chelsea is shopping Omeruo and want €7M for him. Celta Vigo, Getafe and Levante are amongst the clubs in the running. Omeruo apparently wants a permanent move too, as he's tired of the perpetual loans that has seen him play in the Championship, Eredivise, La Liga and the Turkish Super Lig.

Regardless of where he goes, it seems certain he will go, opening the door for Tomori!

• 2 weeks later...

Made the 18 this AM, for Chelsea vs Barcelona in Japan.

Does appear he will be loaned out for playing time. Rumors around Chelsea are the club are very high on him and want to see how he can perform at the "next level".

Would be a loan to another BPL team or a league of quality. This article says they were requesting 20M+ for a transfer, will be interesting how this plays out.  Sometimes I forget he is still only 21.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-plan-to-send-fikayo-tomori-on-loan-to-premier-league-rival-this-season-a4196256.html

49 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Made the 18 this AM, for Chelsea vs Barcelona in Japan.

Does appear he will be loaned out for playing time. Rumors around Chelsea are the club are very high on him and want to see how he can perform at the "next level".

Would be a loan to another BPL team or a league of quality. This article says they were requesting 20M+ for a transfer, will be interesting how this plays out.  Sometimes I forget he is still only 21.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-plan-to-send-fikayo-tomori-on-loan-to-premier-league-rival-this-season-a4196256.html

He’s come in in the 48th for Chelsea

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yet another case of wishing him just enough success that he will be a pillar for our defence, but not quite enough success that England or Nigeria call him up. 

What an odd thing to be a Canadian footy fan. 

21 year old CB valued at $20M+.  England is deep in CB's, not sure of Nigeria's situation, however i'll bet they'll rush to at least cap tie him quickly. I hope i'm wrong.....

3 minutes ago, costarg said:

21 year old CB valued at $20M+.  England is deep in CB's, not sure of Nigeria's situation, however i'll bet they'll rush to at least cap tie him quickly. I hope i'm wrong.....

Nigeria could use him, but I think it's down to Tomori. If he wants to join the Super Eagles, he can fight for a spot in the team immediately. Same as joining Canada, though he'd likely be an automatic starter for us.

The England option is not inconceivable though at this point. If he is valued at $20M right now, he's on the right path for England. He has played for their youth team and I see no indication that he's willing to rush into a Nigeria call. ACON is over now too (Nigeria finished 3rd btw), so I don't think a switch is imminent. Why would it be, so he can play in some friendly matches? 

If he doesn't stick with Chelsea this season (which doesn't look like it's happening), he's going to go on a high level loan and put any thoughts of a switch aside, for now.

Next summer, we'll know more about where his head is at for international football, I am sure.

44 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I think we kind of know where his head is at. He wants to play for England, whether or not that’s going to happen is yet to be determined

This.  As well as he's got a few buddies already playing for Nigeria.  Not much connection with CANMNT except knowing he'll be an automatic starter right from the start.

37 minutes ago, costarg said:

This.  As well as he's got a few buddies already playing for Nigeria.  Not much connection with CANMNT except knowing he'll be an automatic starter right from the start.

Well he did play and  Wore the arm band for Canada  at the youth level. He played with Davies and Ballou. I hope Herdman and the CSA are trying really hard to recruit him , Ferreira and Gutierrez. 

18 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Well he did play and  Wore the arm band for Canada  at the youth level. He played with Davies and Ballou. I hope Herdman and the CSA are trying really hard to recruit him , Ferreira and Gutierrez. 

ok, but since then:

2016        Canada U20    3
2016        England U19    5
2016–2017    England U20    15
2017–        England U21    15    

He's literally played more than 10 times for England than Canada. And he last wore the Canada shirt nearly 4 years ago now.

Unless I hear some update from Herdman, I am not getting my hopes up for a switch back to Canada.

Edited by Obinna

5 hours ago, costarg said:

uuummm respectfully disagree on this one. 

He wore the Captain Armband for us as a U20 in 2016 where we actually beat England and he was also born in Calgary. Me personally I do not call that "not much connection", will he select us because of that, probably not, but "SOME" connection is definitely there.

Optimally a loan outside of England helps us immensely in my opinion if the decision lies between us and England. 

I still stand by my statement, he decides in the next 18 months his country. As much as I am forever hopeful he suits up for us again I respect his decision on this one, since he has been calling England home for quite some time now.

Edited by apbsmith

2 hours ago, apbsmith said:

uuummm respectfully disagree on this one. 

He wore the Captain Armband for us as a U20 in 2016 where we actually beat England and he was also born in Calgary. Me personally I do not call that "not much connection", will he select us because of that, probably not, but "SOME" connection is definitely there.

Optimally a loan outside of England helps us immensely in my opinion if the decision lies between us and England. 

I still stand by my statement, he decides in the next 18 months his country. As much as I am forever hopeful he suits up for us again I respect his decision on this one, since he has been calling England home for quite some time now.

You're right on a few points, I'm just saying... pretty sure CSA has been ringing, emailing, poking and faxing on a weekly basis, he just chose to represent England since 2016.  Probably for two reasons:

1- Gives him the best chance at developing and furthering his career.

2- England is his home, wiki says he's lived there since he was a toddler.  Both parents are Nigerian.  Has he even ever visited Canada since moving?

9 hours ago, costarg said:

You're right on a few points, I'm just saying... pretty sure CSA has been ringing, emailing, poking and faxing on a weekly basis, he just chose to represent England since 2016.  Probably for two reasons:

I’m pretty sure the CSA hasn’t done a damn thing ! The CSA would fuck up a one car funeral ! Herdman is to arrogant to recruit. But really let’s be honest here why would he come to Canada. We don’t play anyone who is decent, we have an ass clown of manager who  can’t get his  tactics right for Mexico and Haiti, Jesus if he can’t even get that right just image when we do play let’s vs Italy or  Belgium or Germany. Our soccer  Federation is  incompetent .  The only Brightstar we have is some young potential players who haven’t proved anything yet . 

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I’m pretty sure the CSA hasn’t done a damn thing ! The CSA would **** up a one car funeral ! Herdman is to arrogant to recruit. But really let’s be honest here why would he come to Canada. We don’t play anyone who is decent, we have an ass clown of manager who  can’t get his  tactics right for Mexico and Haiti, Jesus if he can’t even get that right just image when we do play let’s vs Italy or  Belgium or Germany. Our soccer  Federation is  incompetent .  The only Brightstar we have is some young potential players who haven’t proved anything yet . 

tg11 but with better spelling. So props to you

9 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I’m pretty sure the CSA hasn’t done a damn thing ! The CSA would **** up a one car funeral ! Herdman is to arrogant to recruit.

What is this belief based on? Tabla and Eustaquio have both committed to Canada since Herdman was in charge. Is it because we haven't yet capped EVERYBODY that is on the fence?

7 hours ago, Kent said:

What is this belief based on? Tabla and Eustaquio have both committed to Canada since Herdman was in charge. Is it because we haven't yet capped EVERYBODY that is on the fence?

Tabla and Eustaquio are good players. I love both of them. But both of them would have a hard time finding minutes on  ivory coast and Portugal. So it’s  pretty logical that they would pick Canada because there are potential starters. 

They’re 3 big names that Canada really needs. I hope Herdman proves me wrong. But he’s 0 for 2 right now. 

9 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Tabla and Eustaquio are good players. I love both of them. But both of them would have a hard time finding minutes on  ivory coast and Portugal. So it’s  pretty logical that they would pick Canada because there are potential starters. 

They’re 3 big names that Canada really needs. I hope Herdman proves me wrong. But he’s 0 for 2 right now. 

0 for 2 what? 0 for 2 in recruiting players in your specific list that excludes his successes?

11 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I don't follow Ivory Coast very closely, however i've heard Tabla would probably slot into the Ivory Coast team before CANMNT.  They hadn't qualified for the 2018 world cup, and have fallen quite a bit in the fifa rankings.