Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

16 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Also Montgomery. He will be in this conversation once he gets an MLS opportunity.

At this point, that seems to be only a matter of time. He's been on the bench regularly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him debut sooner than later for Dallas. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

At this point, that seems to be only a matter of time. He's been on the bench regularly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him debut sooner than later for Dallas. 

"A matter of time" because he's not currently in the squad is hardly something we've seen play out. If playing a single cap for the England senior squad in a friendly means a lot to Tomori he could hold out for a Cristante-esque call up.

If he was saying things like "I'm undecided about my international career" and "I want to make an impact at the international level" then I'd be thinking along those lines.

5 hours ago, Yoginess said:

"A matter of time" because he's not currently in the squad is hardly something we've seen play out. If playing a single cap for the England senior squad in a friendly means a lot to Tomori he could hold out for a Cristante-esque call up.

If he was saying things like "I'm undecided about my international career" and "I want to make an impact at the international level" then I'd be thinking along those lines.

With regards to Cristante, hes been capped 6 times by italy and was on their roster for the most recent euro qualifying games. 

Also wasnt the orginal poster talking about Montgomery, not Tomori lol. 

Edited by king1010

3 hours ago, king1010 said:

With regards to Cristante, hes been capped 6 times by italy and was on their roster for the most recent euro qualifying games. 

Also wasnt the orginal poster talking about Montgomery, not Tomori lol. 

My bad!

I hope herdman/CSA goal is too make the program a sexy choice. We have young exciting players now. If we  beat Mexico and maybe the USA - winning the gold cup It will turn heads! But after the gold cup, I hope they bring in some big teams for some friendlies going into the nations league. If the CSA shows players that we will  be competing against the best,  we’re going to qualify for world cups, if there is true leadership and  investment. I’m sure top talent will choice Canada. 

Players want to play against the best not CONCACAF  minnows (  we are at a disadvantage because we’re in CONCACAF ) 

Edited by SpecialK

24 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

The more I follow his Insta, the more I think he'll switch to Nigeria.

Either way he'll play for a national team I support :)

I do hope he chooses Canada, but at this point I am definitely not holding my breath. 

He probably walks into our starting 11 today, and obviously more depth is better, but a am confident with the players we have for this cycle.

Cornelius, Henry, Miller and James are in the 21 to 26 age range right now, and they haven't let us down so far.

With the Canadian Premier League emerging, who knows what other talents may emerge.

So I am bullish regardless of what Tomori decides!

2 hours ago, PopePouri said:

What gives you that impression ? I just quickly went through his insta and didn’t see anything about Nigeria. It was all England or club pictures. The only thing I seen about Nigeria is the flag in his description which was accompanied by England’s and Canada’s.

15 minutes ago, Reign said:

What gives you that impression ? I just quickly went through his insta and didn’t see anything about Nigeria. It was all England or club pictures. The only thing I seen about Nigeria is the flag in his description which was accompanied by England’s and Canada’s.

Stuff like this. I haven't seen him post much about the CanMNT, especially during our Gold Cup run.

IMG_1145.PNG

Edited by PopePouri

Tomori would probably get calls into the Nigeria squad, if he switched, but I don't think he would be a sure-starter as of today.

He's a Championship level player (albeit a good one - on loan from Chelsea), so until he proves himself at a higher level, I am not sure he'll walk into the a CB spot ahead of Troost-Ekong (Udinese), Balogun (Brighton) or Omeruo (Leganes)...who just scored the winner for Nigerian today in Africa Cup of Nations.

All 3 of those defenders have much more experience in top-5 leagues, plus they are already established in the Super Eagles team.

Plus there is the up and coming Chidozie Awaziem, on the books of Porto but loaned out to the Turkish Super Lig, who he'll need to overtake as well.

Point is, switching to Nigeria is obviously an easier route to international senior football than England, but he won't just walk into the starting line-up like he would for us.

For that reason, I don't think he'll be switching to Nigeria soon, unless he really believes he can quickly work his way into the team.

36 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Stuff like this. I haven't seen him post much about the CanMNT, especially during our Gold Cup run.

IMG_1145.PNG

Omeruo is his club-mate at Chelsea, he's on loan in La Liga. 

Ania was also his club-mate at Chelsea and was just transferred to Tornio after a successful Serie A loan. He's also English, just like Tomori.

Iwobi is basically English as well. Born in Lagos but moved to England at 4 years of age.

I think this is partly him shouting out the guys he has a connection with to show support.

The other part is that he's probably just excited about ACON. I am sure he's a fan of the Super Eagles like most Nigerians. It is a bigger tournament than Gold Cup anyways. I don't think it means he is switching tomorrow, so I wouldn't read too much more into it than that.

Edit: I am aware of the irony that shouting out those guys would suggest a stronger connection to Nigeria and thus a concerning sign for us. That is absolutely true. On the other hand, it may not be any indication he is any closer to choosing Nigeria than before. That is my point.

Edited by Obinna

3 hours ago, PopePouri said:

Just start @ Drake aka champagne papi to some of the comments.

Edit* - I realized this didn't work for Cristante , I'm just bored on a Wednesday, already anticipating Saturday.

Edited by apbsmith

6 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Where would he be at Chelsea in terms of depth? I know Chelsea can't bring new players for the next two windoss, but I wonder why people think that Lampard would want him unless a player left.

He’s behind this noise for now

736A5022-8FEE-4382-85DA-D47C01A8A2EC.png

26 minutes ago, jordan said:

He’s behind this noise for now

736A5022-8FEE-4382-85DA-D47C01A8A2EC.png

Rudiger is still rehabbing from knee surgery, that's only 2 CB's , so David Luiz & Christensen. 

Without being able to bring someone in on transfers, Tomori will definitely get a look.

15 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Chelsea has Kurt Zouma, Michael Hector, Matt Miazga and Kenneth Omeruo if they want centre back depth. Not sure where Tomori falls between those 4 though.

1. Zouma

2. Omeruo

3. Tomori

4. Miazga

5. Hector

Worth mentioning that Celta Vigo want Omeruo for €6M.

18 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Chelsea has Kurt Zouma, Michael Hector, Matt Miazga and Kenneth Omeruo if they want centre back depth. Not sure where Tomori falls between those 4 though.

Agree with you he is in between who you mentioned, I have him as top 5 for Chelsea with Rudiger out, backed by being named player MVP last season for his club. 

I don't think he sees the field without a slew of injuries but with Rudiger out, I could see him making the 18 and being on the 23 man, unless of course he gets loaned back out.

Edited by apbsmith