Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Scary that this squad could also include Kyle Walker-Peters, Ademola Lookman, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Lewis Cook, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Harry Winks, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Sheyi Ojo & Marcus Rashford.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Scary that this squad could also include Kyle Walker-Peters, Ademola Lookman, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Lewis Cook, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Harry Winks, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Sheyi Ojo & Marcus Rashford.

Don't forget Sancho as well 

23 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Sad for Tomori but selfishly glad he stays in Championship keeping him away from a senior call up

Agreed!  Would rather him be loaned out to Derby for another year in the Championship and remain a little more off the radar although he's capable of starting at CB in the Premier League.  Staying in the Championship for another year after this years Championships will only benefit Canada.

23 minutes ago, Shway said:

Still think its going to be tough for Tomori to break into the full mens England squad. 

Englands in a golden generation. 

Looking at the list of absentees from the U21 squad alone, he would have it tough making the starting 11 or even the bench.  And that's just the Under 21s.  I still believe he is premier league quality though.

Edited by Corazon

32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There’s a transfer ban at Chelsea so he may wind up back there.

My guess is that they would rather loan him out again for regular first team minutes.  David Luiz just re-signed.  Rudiger and Christensen both have contracts for another 3 years.  Cesar Azpilicueta can slide into the center if needed.  I would bet that Chelsea have full intentions of keeping Zouma given his performances this year on loan.

If this is the case, than at best he is still the 5th option for CB.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomori to Celtic?

Has anyone heard the news of the stolen notes from an April board meeting at Celtic Football Club? 

Apparently, the notes have now surfaced on social media and the club is investigating and the perpetrator may be found criminally responsible.

The notes reveal Celtic's plans for the 2019 summer transfer window, including action to be taken on prospecitve players, as well as players currently at the club.

Of interest to us, Tomori was identified as one of the players Celtic will look to sign, though there's no indication on whether it would be on loan or not.

Two concacaf players with Celtic were also mentioned. Timothy Weah they will try to extend his loan from PSG, saying he has "done well", but they have also marked the chances of this happening as "low". Meanwhile Gamboa's contact is expiring and no action is to be taken.

Both players will seemingly not be returning.

MAJOR CLUB’S SUMMER TRANSFER PLANS REVEALED (LEAKED) https://youtu.be/z2Um9LpyFoQ

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how Tomori played, but the game was crazy. England went up through Foden in the 54th, and they had a man sent off ten minutes later. France missed two penalties, and the game looked over, only for France to level it in the 89th minute. As if that wasn't ridiculous enough, France got a winner in the fifth minute of stoppage time from an own goal by Wan-Bissaka!

3 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Not sure how Tomori played, but the game was crazy. England went up through Foden in the 54th, and they had a man sent off ten minutes later. France missed two penalties, and the game looked over, only for France to level it in the 89th minute. As if that wasn't ridiculous enough, France got a winner in the fifth minute of stoppage time from an own goal by Wan-Bissaka!

Opened this thread really hoping someone had watched the game, and that the conclusion was 'Tomori played well, but not so well that he'd ever have a chance at the senior England or Nigeria team'.

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

perhaps unlikely, but if Lampard is appointed manager of Chelsea, it is bad news for us

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48669468

I missed the part about him calling up Tomori, unless we are reading between the lines here. I did see Hudson-Odoi and another kid who was on loan at Derby mentioned. I just skimmed the article though. I can't decide if such an appointment would be crazy or desperate on Chelsea's part. Probably both.

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I missed the part about him calling up Tomori, unless we are reading between the lines here. I did see Hudson-Odoi and another kid who was on loan at Derby mentioned. I just skimmed the article though. I can't decide if such an appointment would be crazy or desperate on Chelsea's part. Probably both.

yeah, I think its too early in Lampard's managerial career to be appointed to a massive club like Chelsea...but look at the last few years after Alex F. stepped down from Man U. Mason Mount was the other player mentioned. While Tomori was not specifically mentioned, he was on loan at Derby from Chelsea; was the team's player of the season, is young and has played for England's youth teams, which was referred to in the article. Got to think if Lamps gets the appointment, Tomori will get a chance to prove himself at the very least.

England crashed out of the Euro U21s with two losses and a tie. I believe this marks the end of his youth career for England. Hopefully he might consider other options after the dust settles. I'm sure Nigeria are going to try to convince him to switch but he could be a big part of a very strong core of young players if he decides to join Canada. Let's see if Herdman is as good a salesman as I think he is.

39 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

To be able to select a CB pairing in our back 4 of 

Cornelius, Henry , James , Miller, Tomori, would be pretty awesome. 

I'm starting a 24 month or less countdown today :).

James?

edit: NVM, I need glasses clearly

Edited by LeoH037

7 hours ago, apbsmith said:

To be able to select a CB pairing in our back 4 of 

Cornelius, Henry , James , Miller, Tomori, would be pretty awesome. 

I'm starting a 24 month or less countdown today :).

The most tantalizing part is the demographic profile of that group.  Many years of peak footy ahead for most of them - which would be beautiful for us.