Manjrekar James

Manjrekar played 90 in the centre back of a 3-4-3 as Vejle drew the top team in the league, Midtjylland, at home, 1-1. Last Monday, last league match in Denmark until February.

Very good performance and promising turnaround this last month for his club, who are still in relegation. They have 3 wins, 2 losses and a draw in their last 6 matches, after a disastrous start to the season.

Denmark is on hold until February, a rather long break I'd say. Except for Cup matches, they play home tomorrow and away next week in the two-leg quarter finals of the Cup. And they play Kolding, a 2nd tier team, so a great chance to get into the semi finals.

I think we should ask him to come into our Jan camp, right now he has to be there with Cornelius and Waterman as a top NT prospect for CB position after the starters.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Manjrekar played 90 in the centre back of a 3-4-3 as Vejle drew the top team in the league, Midtjylland, at home, 1-1. Last Monday, last league match in Denmark until February.

Very good performance and promising turnaround this last month for his club, who are still in relegation. They have 3 wins, 2 losses and a draw in their last 6 matches, after a disastrous start to the season.

Denmark is on hold until February, a rather long break I'd say. Except for Cup matches, they play home tomorrow and away next week in the two-leg quarter finals of the Cup. And they play Kolding, a 2nd tier team, so a great chance to get into the semi finals.

I think we should ask him to come into our Jan camp, right now he has to be there with Cornelius and Waterman as a top NT prospect for CB position after the starters.

I agree that he needs to be there but I have my doubts.  This is one that strikes me as odd with Herdman.  Based on 1) His talent level.  2) The league level he is playing at.  3) He will be out of season.  4) History with the Nats (17 caps / 2 goals) he deserves to be in this upcoming camp.

However, Herdman has repeatedly ignored calling him in the past two years when he likely deserved to be included in some teams and he wasn't even included in the 50 man Gold Cup Preliminary Roster.

Based on the above, much like Arfield, if he does not receive a call to this camp than his time might be up with the program.  Herdman might just not rate him.

On 12/4/2021 at 11:52 AM, narduch said:

James not dressed for Velje cup match v 3rd tier Kolding IF.

Appears they are resting a few starters 

Wasn't dressed for the return fixture either.

Velje go through to the Danish Cup semi-finals.

James is now off until late February and could be called to Camp Poutine.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 2 months later...

James has been loaned to Ukrainian Premier League team Chornomorets Odesa for one year.

Chornomorets were promoted from the 2nd division in the previous season.

https://www.facebook.com/fc.chernomorets/posts/3095563270717733

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaIKksJI72v/

The Ukrainian Premier League season resumes play next weekend.

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

James has been loaned to Ukrainian Premier League team Chornomorets Odesa for one year.

Chornomorets were promoted from the 2nd division in the previous season.

https://www.facebook.com/fc.chernomorets/posts/3095563270717733

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaIKksJI72v/

The Ukrainian Premier League season resumes play next weekend.

Man, he really has had a wild journey. Seems willing to play pretty well anywhere in Europe. Hungary, Denmark, Greece, Ukraine is quite the list of countries to play in. He’s shown promise at times but hasn’t really ever caught on to a good team and played there consistently. Not sure this is the move to put him back into the NT picture, although the Ukrainian league is a pretty decent level. 

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

Man, he really has had a wild journey. Seems willing to play pretty well anywhere in Europe. Hungary, Denmark, Greece, Ukraine is quite the list of countries to play in. He’s shown promise at times but hasn’t really ever caught on to a good team and played there consistently. Not sure this is the move to put him back into the NT picture, although the Ukrainian league is a pretty decent level. 

Just can’t seem to stick with any team he goes too.

Does anyone have a confirmation on that move?

His agency, RGFootball Management, are Spanish, based in Alicante where the team is, and have another player on that team and in that pic, Kecojevic.

The team, Intercity, is new and relatively unknown but is top of their division, undefeated in 20 games, and three quarters of their games have been a clean sheet. If they win their division they promote directly into the new 1st RFEF, which is an even higher level now than the former 2B in Spain. 

The team has promoted 3 times in 4 seasons, its former version was bought by Spanish investors, renamed, and they've been trying to push it up since, rather successfully.

I see they have some players from Costa Rica, and a guy from Panama.

BTW, in Alicante, nice place to be. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I think it is too early to speculate on a new team for James.  With Ukraine league suspended, and international players allowed to leave the country, I would guess he is in limbo.  Being on loan, Velje could recall him (depending on contract terms).  There are also calls for FIFA to open on the transfer window for the Russian and Ukraine leagues.  Until one of those two things happen, James may be stuck being a spectator.

That said, glad he is safe.    

• 3 months later...