Manjrekar James

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Ferreira hasn't played at all?

What about Zator?

Ferreira is a higher quality of player, If he didn’t get hurt he probably wouldn’t even be with Canada. So if he’s healthy he could be a huge steal for us! 
Zator Should be there over waterman. I like Zator a lot. I think once Canada/CPL raises our profile a European team will take him. 

obvious reason is hes fighting for survival with his team in the relegation round so he needs to stay and prepare for games with them..played 7 of 9 league games since he started playing with them and both cup games..played 12 minutes in a 3-0 win in the first matchday of the the relegation in the weekend so thats a good start for them..otherwise with him playing regularly at a good level and herdman stressing how important it is to have players who are getting games in europe he would probably be a starter with the national team at this time

7 minutes ago, top cheese said:

Can you quote it I don’t see it

Rather than scrolling up through all the posts to find it, basically it's...

-Nelson - TFC quarantine case ruled him out of selection for the OQ tourney. He's now being used as a training dummy for the senior team camp.

-Corbeanue - he was likely made certain promises to entice him to file his one-time switch to Canada from Romania. This would have included assurances that he would get a look with the senior team, rather than being restricted to the age-group teams for the foreseeable. If he was going to play age-group football, he'd probably have stuck it out with Romania longer, since UEFA teams play far more age-group football than Canada does.

17 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Rather than scrolling up through all the posts to find it, basically it's...

-Nelson - TFC quarantine case ruled him out of selection for the OQ tourney. He's now being used as a training dummy for the senior team camp.

-Corbeanue - he was likely made certain promises to entice him to file his one-time switch to Canada from Romania. This would have included assurances that he would get a look with the senior team, rather than being restricted to the age-group teams for the foreseeable. If he was going to play age-group football, he'd probably have stuck it out with Romania longer, since UEFA teams play far more age-group football than Canada does.

Corbeanu also felt more Canadian, hope he pans out because he might be something.

• 1 month later...

PAS Lamia 1964 have managed to avoid relegation with two matches remaining.
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Super_League_Greece
( The teams below Lamia must play each other; if Panetolikos win their last two matches it would be a the expense of OFI who would not be able to catch Lamia. If OFI win or draw against Panetolikos, then Panetolikos would not be able to catch Lamia)
https://www.facebook.com/lamia1964.gr/photos/a.459670047491527/2931088453682995/

Hopefully James will get some playing time in the last two matches
( I said that about Hoilett too and they haven't played him :( )

At the end of this season he will still have 1½ years left on his contract at Midtjylland. They are currently top of the Danish League.

7 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

PAS Lamia 1964 have managed to avoid relegation with two matches remaining.
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Super_League_Greece
( The teams below Lamia must play each other; if Panetolikos win their last two matches it would be a the expense of OFI who would not be able to catch Lamia. If OFI win or draw against Panetolikos, then Panetolikos would not be able to catch Lamia)
https://www.facebook.com/lamia1964.gr/photos/a.459670047491527/2931088453682995/

Hopefully James will get some playing time in the last two matches
( I said that about Hoilett too and they haven't played him :( )

At the end of this season he will still have 1½ years left on his contract at Midtjylland. They are currently top of the Danish League.

I believe the expiry is December 31 2023

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm reading it correctly Lamia's season has ended, I call this loan a failure for James.   Lamia played 19 games while James was there, James sat on the bench 12 times and played 176 minutes in 7 appearances.   On the positive side he did score a goal in a cup game.

Although disappointing that he couldn't break into the squad too often.  For how poor they were when Manjrekar James joined, they ended up only losing 4 of their last 21 games in all competetions.  Mind you half of those games were against the other relegation group teams.

However, defensively they have been quite good. during that span.  In 12 of the last 21 games, they were able to shut out their opponents which is quite impressive number given their position in the table.  Their biggest issue was scoring goals as 10 of the same last 21 games, they were shut out themselves including several 0-0 ties.  It seems like Lamia was already quite defensively solid when James joined and he was unable to break into one of those starting CB roles.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Buchta said:

I'm glad to see that he's staying at the same level (albeit on a worse team and without the luxury of European football). Vejle was 10th (of 12) in the league last season and have brought in a new manager. He should have a lot of opportunity to start more consistently and prove that he is capable of sticking at this level.

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Makes sense now why he was left off. Happy to hear and seems like the right club level for him. If he can standout and help the club he may work his way back into the pool for WCQ. The more depth, the better, so I hope this move helps him find form.

Thank god you didn't say it's the "ideal club" for him. Not in the mood for a lecture about how Vejle Boldklub wouldn't be in the top 420 list of clubs that we want James to play for.