Manjrekar James

This is what the translation is saying

Already on August 20, the resumption of the Ukrainian football championship is expected . According to preliminary information, the tournament will be held in our country and even the war against the Russian invaders will not interfere with it.

Due to the location of the matches, our championship may lose the lion's share of foreign players. True, while some have already expressed their willingness to play in Ukraine.

11 minutes ago, Big_M said:

This is what the translation is saying

Already on August 20, the resumption of the Ukrainian football championship is expected . According to preliminary information, the tournament will be held in our country and even the war against the Russian invaders will not interfere with it.

Due to the location of the matches, our championship may lose the lion's share of foreign players. True, while some have already expressed their willingness to play in Ukraine.

I read it this morning.

Maybe the article was revised?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

If he stays in Ukraine, I wonder if he can do enough to get on Shaktar Donetsk or Dynamo Kiev’s radar. Both teams play in Europe.

This is akin to Cornelius getting on Olympiacos or PAOK's radar, except Derek is doing it at a midtable club, whereas James is going it at a bottom table club. While I think Cornelius attracting the best of Greece is realistic, I am not sure it is for James. Perhaps he should aim to transfer to a midtable club first. That may happen if his team gets relegated (like Vitoria recently).

25 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is akin to Cornelius getting on Olympiacos or PAOK's radar, except Derek is doing it at a midtable club, whereas James is going it at a bottom table club. While I think Cornelius attracting the best of Greece is realistic, I am not sure it is for James. Perhaps he should aim to transfer to a midtable club first. That may happen if his team gets relegated (like Vitoria recently).

On the other hand, Eustaquio was able to go from Pacos to Porto- they were mid table last year, but are now last in the league. It’s a big jump, sure, but if he’s consistently their best player, maybe that gets bigger teams talking about him. FWIW Dynamo Kiev is currently mid table in Ukraine. I’m not actually sure what the gap between their best and worst teams are, especially since the war, as I’m sure a lot fewer players want to play there than before. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

On the other hand, Eustaquio was able to go from Pacos to Porto- they were mid table last year, but are now last in the league. It’s a big jump, sure, but if he’s consistently their best player, maybe that gets bigger teams talking about him. FWIW Dynamo Kiev is currently mid table in Ukraine. I’m not actually sure what the gap between their best and worst teams are, especially since the war, as I’m sure a lot fewer players want to play there than before. 

I haven't been following Ukraine very closely the last few years. I never did follow that closely, but just going off my memory of checking the table, Dynamo Kiev is the 2nd best team most years, though it's not particularly close. The miners tend to run the table over there. 

Fair point on Eustaquio, but I think he is a special case to be honest. Strange circumstances led him to being acquired by Pacos in the first place. There's probably an alternative timeline where doesn't tear his ACL, goes on to star at Cruz Azul, and then goes on to earn a big transfer to FC Porto, thus skipping the Pacos step altogether. 

And I like to think on this fictional timeline he is also a Canadian international :)

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

James to go to the World Cup? Feel good story I guess, but pure fantasy of course. James is nowhere near the NT right now.

Which is still strange to me.  I wouldn't want him on the squad to Qatar at this point either but the constant overlooking of him in our camp has always been strange to me.  He's definitely the best of the rest of our CB's not being called regularly.

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

Which is still strange to me.  I wouldn't want him on the squad to Qatar at this point either but the constant overlooking of him in our camp has always been strange to me.  He's definitely the best of the rest of our CB's not being called regularly.

For sure, plus he has a history with the NT and is still a good age, so it's not as if he aged out. Furthermore, he's playing with a struggling club (far as I understand), but he's playing in a pretty decent league. On paper he should hanging around the periphery of the team, not being frozen out completely, so yeah I agree that it's strange.

At the same time, I think it's fair to say that if he should be on the periphery of the team, it's not a big injustice to see him being ignored. I am curious to know exactly why Herdman doesn't fancy James.

Is it down to mistakes (he has a tendency for them)? Is it down to age (he's not old, but not young)? Is it down to mentality (just spitballing)?

Maybe a combination?

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Buchta said:

He has left Chornomorets.

"The football player turned to the management with a request to terminate the current contract for family reasons. The club went to meet James, given his difficult emotional state."

https://sportarena.com/football/kanadskij-zashhitnik-dzhejms-pokinul-chernomorets/

Sounds like things outside the field are (or have been) affecting his career. Maybe explains why he was never part of Herdman's plans? Too bad, hopefully he's able to work though whatever issues he has. 

• 1 month later...