Manjrekar James

Look a few of us on here have experienced watching Canada qualify to the World Cup back in 1982. I can still recall the feeling when the final whistle blew in St. John’s when Canada qualified to the World Cup simply euphoric. Moreover, the feeling of watching Canada play that first game against France was something else too. However, losing all three games and not even scoring a goal was a big disappointment. Once Canada was there you still wanted for them to get something out of being there and simply being there was not good enough you wanted more , so when they went out without scoring a goal yes the disappointment was big. I think it will be the same this time if they qualify. It will be an incredible feeling if they make it , the kind of feeling where your going to want to get in your car and drive down the street with the flag waving from your window. But make no mistake once  the whistle blows for the start of that first game just being there is not going to cut it . Trust me you are going to want more and just being there is not going to satisfy you. Even if they get put into a group of death and don’t win or get a result in any of the games it will feel terrible lol. You won’t be consoled with saying that well they were in a group of death so it was expected , it will still feel shitty , but I would gladly want to get the chance to experience all those emotions in the end , but yes if they were to make it the feeling of just being glad they made it will change to wanting them to get as far as they can and that’s how it should be you can’t just being happy that they just made it in the end.

9 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Damn remember when this thread was about James?

Here’s hoping he has a solid season. It almost seems like he said/ or did something  to Herdman where he’s written him off. 

I feel like Henry and James are very similar players albeit Doneil being stronger. 

5 hours ago, Shway said:

Here’s hoping he has a solid season. It almost seems like he said/ or did something  to Herdman where he’s written him off. 

I feel like Henry and James are very similar players albeit Doneil being stronger. 

err.. no... he just hasn't been playing.

22 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

err.. no... he just hasn't been playing.

I get what you mean, but Fereirra was called up without even being on a club.  Sturing was called in March after not playing a single minute in 2021 (at the time).  Waterman, Singh and Cornelius were all included in the 60 man preliminary roster as well and are not featuring very often for their clubs as well right now.  So yes, I do agree he needs to be playing more consistently but there are very few reasons why some of those defenders listed above should all be included in camps and/or on the 60 man preliminary roster ahead of James.  So perhaps there is actually more to it, or perhaps its just been bad timing for the player.  

Edited by Corazon

On 7/5/2021 at 9:43 AM, Corazon said:

I get what you mean, but Fereirra was called up without even being on a club.  Sturing was called in March after not playing a single minute in 2021 (at the time).  Waterman, Singh and Cornelius were all included in the 60 man preliminary roster as well and are not featuring very often for their clubs as well right now.  So yes, I do agree he needs to be playing more consistently but there are very few reasons why some of those defenders listed above should all be included in camps and/or on the 60 man preliminary roster ahead of James.  So perhaps there is actually more to it, or perhaps its just been bad timing for the player.  

fwiw; Ferreira at the time had just be let go from his contract at Farense (caveat, he did play like 9 minutes in one app prior to December), Sturing had just come off an injury early on in 2021 after playing practically every minute for Den Bosch in 2020 - at the same time, Manjrekar has been battling injuries for the better part of the last two years... the only time he's really been included in FCM's squad was after getting over his last injury (in fact, the whole point of his loan to Greece was to get some training and match fitness back into him that FCM couldn't promise).

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 2:13 PM, SoccMan said:

Look a few of us on here have experienced watching Canada qualify to the World Cup back in 1982. I can still recall the feeling when the final whistle blew in St. John’s when Canada qualified to the World Cup simply euphoric. Moreover, the feeling of watching Canada play that first game against France was something else too. However, losing all three games and not even scoring a goal was a big disappointment. Once Canada was there you still wanted for them to get something out of being there and simply being there was not good enough you wanted more , so when they went out without scoring a goal yes the disappointment was big. I think it will be the same this time if they qualify. It will be an incredible feeling if they make it , the kind of feeling where your going to want to get in your car and drive down the street with the flag waving from your window. But make no mistake once  the whistle blows for the start of that first game just being there is not going to cut it . Trust me you are going to want more and just being there is not going to satisfy you. Even if they get put into a group of death and don’t win or get a result in any of the games it will feel terrible lol. You won’t be consoled with saying that well they were in a group of death so it was expected , it will still feel shitty , but I would gladly want to get the chance to experience all those emotions in the end , but yes if they were to make it the feeling of just being glad they made it will change to wanting them to get as far as they can and that’s how it should be you can’t just being happy that they just made it in the end.

Just want to say this is a good post and if you were to put it in the Road to Qatar thread instead of here it might get some comments. I fully agree, every step of the way you have to ask for just that much more.

41 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Apparently a strong game in defeat as well.  It will be interesting to see if James & Cornelius can get regular minutes in their respective leagues and what that means for them in our Qualifying campaign.

I watched a bit of it while doing other things.  He had a couple sprint back, goal saving tackles that I saw.  Certainly still has pace to burn at that level.   AaB were the better team and had his side under pressure for a lot of what I saw.  

Be nice if this is the start of something. 

• 1 month later...

James has been playing regularly. A very respectable amount of playing time over the past month or so.

However, the latest article I could find was highly critical of his last performance :(

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/bedst-og-vaerst-vb-spiller-manglede-kun-klovnenaese

He remains an option we can call upon at CB.

16 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

James has been playing regularly. A very respectable amount of playing time over the past month or so.

However, the latest article I could find was highly critical of his last performance :(

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/bedst-og-vaerst-vb-spiller-manglede-kun-klovnenaese

He remains an option we can call upon at CB.

Herdman does not appear to rate him at all; you can unfortunately almost most certainly lock this thread until Herdman is gone.

21 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Agreed but he doesn't rate Cornelius that highly and Vitória is on a yellow. He has to give himself options.

He let him captain the Olympic team (I know he didn’t coach the team but I’m sure he had a say in that).  Also had him start the November 2019 US game.  James has been in one camp under Herdman I believe (NZ game 2018)? And didn’t even have him in the provisional GC roster.

28 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Think he rates Cornelius ahead of James tho. 

True.

4 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

He let him captain the Olympic team (I know he didn’t coach the team but I’m sure he had a say in that).

My perspective is that Biello let him captain the team. Herdman called other U24 guys into the senior squad but not him.

All I am saying is that now that James is playing he becomes an option again.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

27 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Agreed but he doesn't rate Cornelius that highly and Vitória is on a yellow. He has to give himself options.

He rated Cornelius quite highly when he was playing regularly. Started most if not all games we played in 2019 including every gold cup game if i'm remembering correctly. Wouldn't be shocked to see Cornelius getting called more frequently with consistent club play

• 3 weeks later...

Vejle get their first win of the season in match 12 (oof). 2-0 against Nordsjælland. Still 7 points from safety and overwhelming favourites to be relegated, but the split format of the Danish league at least makes great escapes more possible.

Sloppy game all around if the stats say anything. No one on the Vejle backline had a pass completion above 70% and they finished with 38% possession. That said, Nordsjælland didn’t really threaten either. 3 shots on target. 0.75xG.

Going on stats alone it doesn’t look like James or his central defensive partner had a massive amount to do, but managed well nonetheless. 4/4 on aerial duels, 1 interception, 5 recoveries, 68% pass completion.

Edited by footballfreak

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Actually played a full match and won today!

(His club is still last and facing relegation).

I still think it's worth bringing him in at least one more time if he have a Camp Poutine in January.

Think you are hanging on to the past with this one....he ain’t coming back

Edited by trc2014