Manjrekar James

Since middle of January Lamia is 3 wins, 2 losses & 4 ties.  Both losses to powerhouse PAOK (one in a cup game).  Only one loss in the past 8 leagye games is pretty good for a low level club in the division.  James has only been around for about half of those games and not a significant contributor in them to date but it is promising that he is a least getting some minutes most games.  I suspect James will get a few more opportunities to start.  If I'm not mistaken, they have 4 games remaining and then another 7 games vs the 7 other bottom teams in relegation.

Edited by Corazon

Good to see James get some good experience against a decent opponent.

With Midjylland knocked out of Europe, he probably wouldn't have gotten the chance to play against a team the caliber of PAOK. There's always the likes of Copenhagen, but he wouldn't have gotten the chance ahead of the other CBs. So positive development despite the reports of him being at fault for the goal.

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Highlights from the game:

Wasn't at fault-at fault for the goal. But damn, it definitely looks like he could've blocked it. 

Meh... he could've intercepted that too. He also caused the penalty, which isn't in the video. Glad he scored, and I didn't watch the second half, but he didn't look too good in the first.

38 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Seeing as our MLS players are not playing at all right now, James is most likely a shoe to start, Herdman himself has alluded to the importance of Europe based players right now since they are the ones currently playing.

It’s going to be interesting to see if Herdman can go from rating James lowly enough to barely invite him to camps to have him start a WCQ.  We will really see how much he values players being mid-season.

9 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

It’s going to be interesting to see if Herdman can go from rating James lowly enough to barely invite him to camps to have him start a WCQ.  We will really see how much he values players being mid-season.

Was thinking the same thing.  Under normal circumstances James would be a lock, but he really hasn’t grabbed Herdman’s confidence in the past.  

• 2 weeks later...

The argument that he isn't playing much in Greece doesn't hold much weight considering he has still played more minutes than Ferreira, Sturing, Kamal Miller and Waterman combined in 2021 and in a better league as well.  The 4 other center backs aside from Vitoria have combined for 0 minutes in 2021 so I'm not fully buying the argument he wasn't called for lack of playing time.

Vitoria is the only player playing reasonable time (when fit) and who is currently in season.

I wouldn't start Manjrekar James but he would definitely be in my top 4 of available center backs for this call.  So I am a bit surprised.

Edited by Corazon