Scott Arfield

Purely for the enjoyment of watching this forum burn itself to the ground and considering some core Canadians seemingly want to move on from Toronto, I would love for TFC to try and sign him. Arguably the most argued about player on this board moving to the most disliked/controversial Canadian team, imagine the scenes

15 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Purely for the enjoyment of watching this forum burn itself to the ground and considering some core Canadians seemingly want to move on from Toronto, I would love for TFC to try and sign him. Arguably the most argued about player on this board moving to the most disliked/controversial Canadian team, imagine the scenes

Him and Cavallini. They'd probably tear it up too.

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

Started and scored Rangers opener this morning against Livingston.

Games still on, but it’s seems as if when he starts they win.

Hes routing into nice form, which can make it hard for JH to expose his decision. 

At the end of the day we just need clarity.  If he has 100% chosen to be done then just come clean.  If it is Herdman’s choice because he is disruptive, then make some polite noises about moving on from him.   But either way, if the door is actually closed then let’s just call a spade a spade.  

I guess the reality is that we will know with certainty in 2 months.  If he is still playing and producing with Rangers there is no way he would be left out in favour of out-of-season MLSers - unless he is 100% finished for good.  

On 11/24/2021 at 12:25 PM, Approve My Account Pls said:

Arfield to MLS especially playing for TFC could you imagine? 

12 minutes ago, narduch said:

Soccer reporting is basically a side hustle for him at this point

John Herdman directly said to everyone on August 26th that Scott had intentions of coming to the gold cup but picked up a calf injury.  He said he was out of the side for the time being, but he would likely find his opportunity at some point during the campaign and would be willing to come.  It's as simple as that.  All the background white noise speculation crap is just for people who engage drama and have to fill in time.   We've been incredibly fortunate injury wise.  Knock on wood.  Anything can happen in a month and a half.  We do have significant yellow card risk next window.   If he's fit, he's still in consideration.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, narduch said:

The Rollins kiss of death.

I now fully expect to see Arfield in January.

Its funny, I thought the same thing.  That kind of ESPN hot take pseudo journo crap is very annoying.  He pulls out something outrageous, if its true or not., does he even care??  He gets his clicks and views.    But nice to see Arfield getting back on track, lots of respect for him whether he is done playing for the CMNT or not.  He didnt commit to us when things looked rosy and we were the hot young sexy team everyone was talking about.