Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

On 2017-10-22 at 10:17 PM, gator said:

I thought he had a very good match tonight, set up 4 scoring chances in the 1st half, 2 of them should have been finished, he read the game well and was constantly in good positions, the only blemish was getting caught in possession while trying to do too much! He needs to consintantly have performances like this when given an opportunity, he has some creativity to him when he is on! 

His positioning and movement seemed really good. When I watched him playing past years he often seemed lost and unsure about his movement. This year his movement has gotten better both going forward and defending. His passing also seemed slow and methodical in the past, but he is definitely improving with sharper and often more creative passes. You can tell Vazquez is rubbing off on him. Smart movement and smart passing are exactly what Vazquez is good at. It is no coincidence that Osorio is improving in those areas.

He is getting better even if his shooting boots seem to get left on the bus sometimes.  Its a shame that the same guy Vaz helping to teach him the finer points is also one of the reasons why he got so few minutes this year.  TFC keeps upgrading the talent in midfield and its hard for a developing player to get his time in.  Lets hope he scores in the playoffs like last year and make himself valuable to Vanney et al.  

16 hours ago, matty said:

I feel this forum have a very confused boner for Osorio.  When he does well, he gets hard love. When he fucks up, he gets hard hate.

perhaps it's a reflection of his inconsistency? I think we generally tend to be more critical of Canadian players. It may be that we watch them more closely. Michael Bradley gives the ball away several times in each game and it rarely gets mentioned in the media.

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

perhaps it's a reflection of his inconsistency? I think we generally tend to be more critical of Canadian players. It may be that we watch them more closely. Michael Bradley gives the ball away several times in each game and it rarely gets mentioned in the media.

Likely also I think being 25 in MLS might be a factor too

8 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Nah, it's cause he wears gloves when it's cold.

In an effort to clear things up I've done some research and found some links that should help clarify what we should and should not be getting angry about, when it comes to our players wearing cold weather gear at specific temperatures. 

http://tinamuir.com/winter-running-what-to-wear-at-every-temperature/

Also, here are some links about the advantages of wearing gloves in other fields that could also explain why Oso likes them so much.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/17819-benefits-wearing-weight-lifting-gloves/

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000452.htm

I really hope this clears things up a bit. 

• 1 month later...

Osorio looked like the one of the best players on the pitch in the MLS final. He won the ball back over and over again, and broke through Seattle’s lines many times. In my opinion, he was the most outstanding player in the first half. I really hope he will be a mainstay in TFC’s midfield next year beside Vazquez and Bradley. 

38 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Osorio looked like the one of the best players on the pitch in the MLS final. He won the ball back over and over again, and broke through Seattle’s lines many times. In my opinion, he was the most outstanding player in the first half. I really hope he will be a mainstay in TFC’s midfield next year beside Vazquez and Bradley. 

I thought he had a terrific game.  Worked his caboose off defensively and was very decisive in his possession and linking play.  The TFC midfield stifled the Sounders attacking foursome.