Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

On 3/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, dsqpr said:

Now or more than a year ago? Read my post.

Also, a misplaced pass is not the only way to lose possession.

I feel it doesn't matter when IMO. One thing I haven't heard many people say is that Oso has a problem with the ball at his feet. I've heard about his poor finishing, simplistic passing range and defensive issues, but his ability to dribble out of trouble, pass and move is excellent.

I thought he had a good match, you just knew Vanney would give him the hook when he made his one bad pass, others made many more! It bothers me how critical Caldwell is of him while giving others a free pass, there was a play in the 1st half where Morrow had a brutal giveaway and Osorio hustled back to disrupt the shooter, Caldwell exclaimed "Osorio has to do much better there to get goal side" wtf?

5 hours ago, gator said:

I thought he had a good match, you just knew Vanney would give him the hook when he made his one bad pass, others made many more! It bothers me how critical Caldwell is of him while giving others a free pass, there was a play in the 1st half where Morrow had a brutal giveaway and Osorio hustled back to disrupt the shooter, Caldwell exclaimed "Osorio has to do much better there to get goal side" wtf?

Bradley was very much at fault for the first goal... ball watching, trotting back and lost his man (Higuain), who took the cross and buried it. None of the commentators willing to publicly hold him to account for it... only a very meek passing mentioned that he could have had better positioning. So yeah, double standards do exist. Sucks for guys like Oso. 

A friend of mine who was at the match in the South Stands said the guys behind him were just relentless in slagging Osorio, he will be the only Canadian some of the fans can vent on this year! I watch his game very closely as I'm sure many on this board do, what I've seen from the MLS play offs to the early season matches this year gives me hope he will be an important part to our National Team moving forward!

It remains to be seen whether he can raise his game to the concacaf level, but he deserves a run of games at least.  With his style, he can either be a game changer with his passing or be a turnover liability.  There is no middle ground with him.  When he is playing with confidence tho, we have no one like him in the mid, quick feet to keep possession and those dangerous through balls... 

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

It remains to be seen whether he can raise his game to the concacaf level, but he deserves a run of games at least.  With his style, he can either be a game changer with his passing or be a turnover liability.  There is no middle ground with him.  When he is playing with confidence tho, we have no one like him in the mid, quick feet to keep possession and those dangerous through balls... 

I like his skillset.  I like him more as a linking player who can ghost into the box and get chances.  He gets too much criticism when he has poor moments but he's also a guy, like Doneil Henry, who loses the plot mentally if things aren't going right for him.  Maybe he's the perfect candidate for Herdman's philosophy and the new coach can get him to take his game to the next level.

Edited by BearcatSA

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

Was subbed out for Delgado today in the 2nd half. Had a few good moments, one shot on target and one giveaway. Wasn't the worst player on the field for Toronto - no one was particularly bad, Columbus was just that good.

I thought the whole midfield quartet were out of sync with their defensive responsibilities.  That really hurt them today in giving away many chances including those leading to the two goals.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

I thought the whole midfield quartet were out of sync with their defensive responsibilities.  That really hurt them today in giving away many chances including those leading to the two goals.

I can't think of one moment of the match where Osorio was poor defensively in fact I will say he was quite good on that side of the ball, he made a goal saving block which ended in a corner for the Crew and a couple of nice clearances to relieve pressure!

5 minutes ago, gator said:

I can't think of one moment of the match where Osorio was poor defensively in fact I will say he was quite good on that side of the ball, he made a goal saving block which ended in a corner for the Crew and a couple of nice clearances to relieve pressure!

I think when the coaches break down video both he and Bradley will acknowledge that they had to be more aware of the movement and positioning of some of the Crew attackers behind them, especially Higuaín.  The Spaniards didn't help much either.  He showed great hustle in recovery defense, no doubt, but that's only one facet of midfield defending.  FWIW, I thought Osorio was the best of the TFC mids today.

16 hours ago, Obinna said:

Was subbed out for Delgado today in the 2nd half. Had a few good moments, one shot on target and one giveaway. Wasn't the worst player on the field for Toronto - no one was particularly bad,

No one was particularly good though and some players (like Altidore) were invisible. Osorio was one of the better TFC players on the day and was given MOTM (for TFC players that is) by whoever votes on these things.

13 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

No one was particularly good though and some players (like Altidore) were invisible. Osorio was one of the better TFC players on the day and was given MOTM (for TFC players that is) by whoever votes on these things.

I was losing it when TFC made their third sub and Altidore was still on the field. Osorio was probably the best player on the field, more or less, and gets subbed out. Altidore was invisible for the third game in a row, including a game where he threw up on the field, and yet he is un-subable.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

I was losing it when TFC made their third sub and Altidore was still on the field. Osorio was probably the best player on the field, more or less, and gets subbed out. Altidore was invisible for the third game in a row, including a game where he threw up on the field, and yet he is un-subable.

totally agree with this..Vanney  hoping that Altidore can pull out of his mini funk with a goal?

9 minutes ago, Kent said:

Silly to take Osorio off and why not put Ricketts on for his change of pace for Altidore who has looked like he is still hungover from the TFC victory party!

38 minutes ago, michaeltfc91 said:

how Samuel Piette or Mark-Anthony Kaye ever got ahead of Osorio in the depth chart is baffling... the guy is an incredible player

Piette is too and are two completely different types of midfielders.

When I saw Osorio miss that open chance in the first half I thought to myself "typical Osorio, can't finish". Made up for it on that goal and made me ate my words