Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

Watched part of the game again last night. Osorio was not very sharp, but he was not much worse than anyone else. It was an inconsistent performance by all. Probably Piette was the most reliable, followed by Arfield, but even he got stripped of the ball more than usual.

Its kind of sad for a guy who thinks he should always get the call..."he was not much worse than anyone else".  Remember when Aird played so well against Scotland??  If Osorio had been motivated like that he might have gotten himself back up the pecking order.  Next time he gets left out of a camp, no pouting...just perform when you are called.  

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Its kind of sad for a guy who thinks he should always get the call..."he was not much worse than anyone else".  Remember when Aird played so well against Scotland??  If Osorio had been motivated like that he might have gotten himself back up the pecking order.  Next time he gets left out of a camp, no pouting...just perform when you are called.  

Are you serious? Just because he shows his personality on Instagram you think he isn't motivated? A lot  of you old lads must not understand the concept of Instagram.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Bison44 said:

???? Talking about his play against EL salvador.  Never mentioned instacrap.  You young kids should learn to read.  

And why on earth did you think he wasn't motivated because the only reasonable explanation for you to come to that ridiculous conclusion is his post.

iEEEEEEE, who crapped in your cornflakes??  I think he wasnt motivated very much because thats the way he played.  You go back and watch it and see if you think like he was super motivated to show OZ he deserves a call every camp?  Maybe his head was still back with TFC and the upcoming playoffs, i dont know.  

33 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

iEEEEEEE, who crapped in your cornflakes??  I think he wasnt motivated very much because thats the way he played.  You go back and watch it and see if you think like he was super motivated to show OZ he deserves a call every camp?  Maybe his head was still back with TFC and the upcoming playoffs, i dont know.  

Yeah perhaps. I took what you said to mean Aird was very motivated against Scotland and if Osorio (or even Aird, for that manner), could bring that same intensity to every match, they'd have a strong case for a starting spot.

I don't think Osorio was any less motivated than the next guy, but for sure it is possible that his mind was back in Toronto or perhaps he just took his foot off the pedal a bit in this one, after  being in good form recently. Only he knows...

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Yeah perhaps. I took what you said to mean Aird was very motivated against Scotland and if Osorio (or even Aird, for that manner), could bring that same intensity to every match, they'd have a strong case for a starting spot.

I don't think Osorio was any less motivated than the next guy, but for sure it is possible that his mind was back in Toronto or perhaps he just took his foot off the pedal a bit in this one, after  being in good form recently. Only he knows...

Well, I also wonder if the guys got a bit complacent about playing El Salvador.

Having said that, Osorio rarely impresses me, even for TFC. To be clear, I WANT to be impressed by him and hope to hell he can find another gear, but too often he is sloppy in possession and slow in moving the ball. Mark Delgado is a great example of what Osorio should aspire to. Delgado is not world class by any means, but he is damned tidy in possession, moves off the ball well, and moves the ball quickly. Smart player who knows his limitations, and has become an excellent piece for TFC. Osorio would do well to learn from Delgado.

I've always liked Osorio as a player, but this year has been his worst by far since he turned pro. Something seems to be off . Not sure whether its his heart beat problems from earlier in the season or something else. he is just not the same as earlier in his career.

3 hours ago, The Beaver said:

Well, I also wonder if the guys got a bit complacent about playing El Salvador.

Having said that, Osorio rarely impresses me, even for TFC. To be clear, I WANT to be impressed by him and hope to hell he can find another gear, but too often he is sloppy in possession and slow in moving the ball. Mark Delgado is a great example of what Osorio should aspire to. Delgado is not world class by any means, but he is damned tidy in possession, moves off the ball well, and moves the ball quickly. Smart player who knows his limitations, and has become an excellent piece for TFC. Osorio would do well to learn from Delgado.

Yeah Delgado is a little more tidy than Osorio, and more consistent, but I wouldn't say the gap is very large. Osorio can be more inventive, to his credit.

Cooper can be more inventive than both, but is also more inconsistent. 

I do think perhaps the team was complacent as a whole against ES, which is why I liked your comment!

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Yeah Delgado is a little more tidy than Osorio, and more consistent, but I wouldn't say the gap is very large. Osorio can be more inventive, to his credit.

I do think perhaps the team was complacent as a whole against ES, which is why I liked your comment!

Totally agree that the gap between Delgado and Osorio is not very large. And I acknowledge that with creativity comes risk, so one must applaud Osorio for taking some chances.  But at the moment I'd take Delgado over Osorio, if only because he is tidy AND moves the ball much more quickly. 

Yup, we cannot be complacent against "minnows" when we ourselves are mere salmon fry. 

55 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The inventive side of Osorio to me is more of an ability to turn a defender and then make space for himself.  He also moves the ball much more quickly in the linking build up play than he did earlier in the MLS season.  What I don't see from him is the genuine chops to be a creator with key passes (apart from a reverse pass once in awhile) or runs with the ball creating dangerous situations for defenders (a player our NT, and every other NT, craves).  I'll give you an example:  in a recent match with TFC a few times he did a great job of drifting open on the edge of the box, received a pass with space to make a run into the penalty area, but instead he opted to play the ball wide to Morrow in a less dangerous area on the left flank.  He has moments where he does some clever stuff but too many others where he does the peripheral passing cycle which pads Opta stats yet doesn't create much against an organized defence.  I call that the Kyle Bekker Phenomenon in soccer analytics.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:00 PM, BearcatSA said:

The inventive side of Osorio to me is more of an ability to turn a defender and then make space for himself.  He also moves the ball much more quickly in the linking build up play than he did earlier in the MLS season.  What I don't see from him is the genuine chops to be a creator with key passes (apart from a reverse pass once in awhile) or runs with the ball creating dangerous situations for defenders (a player our NT, and every other NT, craves).  I'll give you an example:  in a recent match with TFC a few times he did a great job of drifting open on the edge of the box, received a pass with space to make a run into the penalty area, but instead he opted to play the ball wide to Morrow in a less dangerous area on the left flank.  He has moments where he does some clever stuff but too many others where he does the peripheral passing cycle which pads Opta stats yet doesn't create much against an organized defence.  I call that the Kyle Bekker Phenomenon in soccer analytics.

Good analysis. I agree 100%

On 16/10/2017 at 11:51 AM, Ivan said:

I laughed about this as well.  The only player wearing gloves - was a Canadian!

If he is so cold then why didn't he wear long sleeves? Is he trying to start a trend here? At least get a nicer pair of gloves! Red maybe...

that kid full of himself and thinks he's higher in life then the CN tower when he's actually not...I would never have him on my team...only reason prob he's still where he is because he's canadian but can clearly tell for how much longer as he doesn't get much playing time and i totally agree with the roster that TFC has currently Oso has no room 

probably will see him this weekend vs Atlanta 

he proved to everyone how cocky and stupid he is by wearing gloves....

10 minutes ago, L.MODRIC said:

that kid full of himself and thinks he's higher in life then the CN tower when he's actually not...I would never have him on my team...only reason prob he's still where he is because he's canadian but can clearly tell for how much longer as he doesn't get much playing time and i totally agree with the roster that TFC has currently Oso has no room 

Image result for stunned guy gif

3 hours ago, L.MODRIC said:

Well said by an apparent Modric fanboy

On 10/18/2017 at 4:06 PM, BrennanFan said:

??? pretty sure that's actually Luca Modric.  

No, I think it's his  cousin Luigi

Edited by Guest

I thought he had a very good match tonight, set up 4 scoring chances in the 1st half, 2 of them should have been finished, he read the game well and was constantly in good positions, the only blemish was getting caught in possession while trying to do too much! He needs to consintantly have performances like this when given an opportunity, he has some creativity to him when he is on!