Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Think it's pretty obvious by now that he isn't much of a goal scorer.

...but his attempts were just awful. Even he should have made one decent effort on one of those 3

6 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

Osorio has historically been a terrible finisher. Tonight's performance is a pretty accurate reflection of his ability in front of net. Good player, just cant score to save his life.

THIS. I can't help but think this will end his starts at some point. 

He looked short of confidence and so did the team. Needs to get more consistent. He shows flashes here and there but if he wants to be a great player he needs to make it habitual and not ooccasional. 

I don't like him and Vasquez paired together. Neither have Cooper's tenacity in midfield and it hurt the team. I think Cooper, Bradley and Osorio still give the team the best balance in midfield, but I'm crossing my fingers Vazquez will eventually find his niche on the field. It's becoming increasingly hard to be patient though..

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

He looked short of confidence and so did the team. Needs to get more consistent. He shows flashes here and there but if he wants to be a great player he needs to make it habitual and not ooccasional. 

I don't like him and Vasquez paired together. Neither have Cooper's tenacity in midfield and it hurt the team. I think Cooper, Bradley and Osorio still give the team the best balance in midfield, but I'm crossing my fingers Vazquez will eventually find his niche on the field. It's becoming increasingly hard to be patient though..

A solution would be a diamond midfield with Oso on the left and Cooper on the right, but I dont see Vanney getting rid of the 3-5-2 anytime soon 

Respectfully disagree. I thought the formation showed promise but the finishing product lacked polish. We're 4 games in and there was an international break in the middle. Vasquez made some threaded passes last night that really impressed me. I think him and Osorio could work really well together. I suppose time will tell. 

I dont think Ricketts is a starter. He's so good as a super sub and so average when he starts a game. 

38 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Respectfully disagree. I thought the formation showed promise but the finishing product lacked polish. We're 4 games in and there was an international break in the middle. Vasquez made some threaded passes last night that really impressed me. I think him and Osorio could work really well together. I suppose time will tell. 

I dont think Ricketts is a starter. He's so good as a super sub and so average when he starts a game. 

Him and Giovinco don't partner well compared to when he is paired with Altidore as Altidore is more of a target man

1 hour ago, lazlo_80 said:

I've been saying  this. 

His skillset is purposed for a late game super sub, who can run at tired legs, stretch and press the back line, and get on lose or flicked on balls. Reason why he did so well in thw stretch of last year. I rather see MoBo or JayHams start  up top over Ricketts....I know they have a touch.

• 2 months later...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/osorio-excited-zambrano-brings-canada/

Osorio was on the Jeff Blair show today being just a bit presumptuous about his place on the team.  He will have to fight just to get on the 23 man roster.  I hope he does well and I hope OZ can get the best out of him.  

Re. being left off the team by Floro: "I still don't have the exact answer to that, what I always thought was in the beginning he wanted to be more attacking and that's why I was fitting in, but after the Gold Cup I think he switched mentality to a more defensive team and I didn't fit that system, along with other things I won't really get into."  

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, badname22 said:

despite no goals or assists vs the Union, Osorio played really well

He made a run on the goal from the corner which drew 2 markers and left Hasler open for a free header and he made a very nice precise pass which initiated the give and go on Altidore's goal!

Thought Osorio played very well last night. Composed on the ball. Didn't have any big giveaways. Started the third goal

Also, looking back at the first page of this thread is interesting. Can't believe there were worries that Osorio would be called by Colombia. Also comments on how Vitoria is a degenerate (I agree more with that statement, as anyone at the Calgary watch parties can attest, I still refuse to support him).

Edited by shermanator

10 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Thought Osorio played very well last night. Composed on the ball. Didn't have any big giveaways. Started the third goal

Also, looking back at the first page of this thread is interesting. Can't believe there were worries that Osorio would be called by Colombia. Also comments on how Vitoria is a degenerate (I agree more with that statement, as anyone at the Calgary watch parties can attest, I still refuse to support him).

You should know by now any potential CMNT player who is eligible for another country will be subject to extreme paranoia by us Voyageurs whether it is a legit option or not!

6 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Based on club form and wiith Arfield not here, I think Osorio has a reasonable chance at starting vs Jamaica. 

With Johnson injured definitely.  Probably a midfield three of Hutchinson, Piette and Osorio.  But then again Kaye seems to be a favourite and ledgerwood needs a look.