Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, Blackjack15 said:

For the moment Jonathan Osorio is a rotational player both for club and country.

Anyone who's making a case for him to start at TFC & CMNT is that his role has changed over the years because of the depth coming in for midfielders

Big opportunity for him today to send a message, not only for country but also for club.

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Big opportunity for him today to send a message, not only for country but also for club.

Indeed! 

Canada coach Zambrano wants more from TFC’s Jonathan Osorio

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jonathan-osorio-tfc-toronto-fc-canada-mens-team-octavio-zambrano-jamaica/

Edited by Thomas

15 hours ago, Ivan said:

The only other way, is if he takes Zambrano's advice and becomes more of a two way player.  If he gets better defensively, wins the ball and moves it to the big three up front, he could take Delgado's spot.

This is what he needs to do.  I only watched the first half but apart from a well taken finish on that goal, the rest of his passing play was more of the linking variety as opposed to setting up key passes for chances on goal.  I think our attack still needs that kind of creator but he's not going to be it.  He's much better served in the way OZ wants him to be.

I wouldn't be surprised to see OZ make some more serious overtures to Cristante to get him into the program, perhaps making a trip to Bergamo to say hi and watch him in person.  He seems like the kind of ingredient we're missing because the open play attacking ideas stem more from a very in-form Hoillet than anything else.

Edited by BearcatSA

• 1 month later...

I actually get a kick out of it.  Not everyone has to be the moral centre and squeaky clean.  A little humanity can be an okay attribute.

I am sure someone could demonstrate that juvenile things like this are a net negative for mini-celebs, but to a ton of post-puberty footy fans I suspect this would just be something to chuckle at.  

For me it doesn't show a lot of intelligence considering he was exiled from the team for showing some emotion when pulled out of a game.  I know the Wizard isn't Floro but considering he is off a similar generation that wouldn't take to kindly to that kind of display it is just not very smart.  Like Osorio a lot and he needs to be on the CMNT, just very disappointed he would do anything that could damage his chances.  And post puberty fans don't buy tickets or make decisions so that really isn't the group to pander to.

12 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

For me it doesn't show a lot of intelligence considering he was exiled from the team for showing some emotion when pulled out of a game.  I know the Wizard isn't Floro but considering he is off a similar generation that wouldn't take to kindly to that kind of display it is just not very smart.  Like Osorio a lot and he needs to be on the CMNT, just very disappointed he would do anything that could damage his chances.  And post puberty fans don't buy tickets or make decisions so that really isn't the group to pander to.

Its instagram. Who cares

34 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

The picture makes more sense based on his play today!  Not a great game by Oso.

He didn't have a great game after looking so good for TFC and vs Jamaica, no Canadian player looked really good tonight IMO, I don't read too much into the photo although I would rather our players don't do things like that but I'm old!  :)

49 minutes ago, matty said:

I am so confused right now

I think he thinks flipping the bird on instagram equates to him not giving a shit or having respect, and he's suggesting that attitude was reflected in his poor play - not giving a shit or having respect (for himself, the shirt, etc.) because his play was shit.

Edited by Obinna