Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

Jonathan Osorio's 50th Toronto FC goal captured from every angle.

There are lots to love about this goal and it's buildup.  First, Osorio does great getting the ball to Nelson.  Nelson had a pretty simple pass but glad he was involved in the buildup.  Petrasso received Pozuelo's threw ball with a one-time cross that was inch perfect to the back post (which was basically his only option).  Osorio did about all he could to get the volley off which was placed perfectly.

However, the best part of the goal to me is watching Osorio's run.  If you wait until the last angle of the goal, just look where Osorio runs from to get to that cross in the buildup.

Amazing that the ref didn't catch this.

I think Oso is in a contract year. Last time he was in this position he scored double digit MLS goals and 17 in all competitions. I don't know if he'll top the overall goals without the CCL play, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him reach double digits again in the league. 

I hope Oso plays his entire career at Toronto and sets the record for club goals. He is currently 3rd behind Giovinco and Jozy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, canuckgbp said:

Has an assist so far tonight as well. 

I am trying to figure out what that game at Rogers Centre would have been. They didn't make the CCL quarter finals in 2012-13 so it wasn't in the Champions League. The Liverpool friendly in the Rogers Centre was in 2012, and the Roma friendly in 2013 was at BMO. Does anybody know what game this was that he played in the Rogers Centre in 2013?

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

I am trying to figure out what that game at Rogers Centre would have been. They didn't make the CCL quarter finals in 2012-13 so it wasn't in the Champions League. The Liverpool friendly in the Rogers Centre was in 2012, and the Roma friendly in 2013 was at BMO. Does anybody know what game this was that he played in the Rogers Centre in 2013?

March 9th against Sporting KC?  I remember TFC played their home opener at Rogers Centre and that was Robert Earnshaw's debut.  No idea if Osorio also debuted that game though.

Edit: Wikipedia says yes, that was his debut.

Edited by El Hombre

On 4/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, El Hombre said:

March 9th against Sporting KC?  I remember TFC played their home opener at Rogers Centre and that was Robert Earnshaw's debut.  No idea if Osorio also debuted that game though.

Edit: Wikipedia says yes, that was his debut.

Thanks! I didn't remember that they played in the Rogers Centre for a regular season game. Maybe because I was a season ticket holder in 2011, 2012, and 2014, but not 2013.

25 minutes ago, Free kick said:

There was also a Concacaf Champions league game between TFC and LAG in early march, that was played at Skydome.   Regarding the Liverpool game,  i dont think that there were any first team TFC players in game.   I only recall the name of Tyler Pasher as having played for TFC in that game.  

Looks like TFC played regulars. It was Liverpool who didn't bring all their players.

I remember supporters were against the game.

Screenshot_20220429-215543_Chrome.jpg