Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

31 minutes ago, Obinna said:

For all the Transfer market lovers out there:

Independente Medellin: 15.78 M €

Toronto FC: 33.70 M €

(32.20 M € if you subtract Osorio)

Osorio would have the 3rd highest value on Independente Medellin, and would be the highest valued midfielder.

When teams go into a Libertadores year, especially when they've not been part of that tournament for a while, they spend and they spend big.  DIM will be making moves for players on similar or better money than Oso.  

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

For all the Transfer market lovers out there:

Independente Medellin: 15.78 M €

Toronto FC: 33.70 M €

(32.20 M € if you subtract Osorio)

Osorio would have the 3rd highest value on Independente Medellin, and would be the highest valued midfielder.

Yea but you’re not factoring in the passion. ?

On 11/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, mluciani said:

If he does go out on loan does his salary go against the TFC's Salary Cap? If it doesn't then I think we can sign a better player while he is out on loan.

I honestly think they couldn't.

Any player brought in from outside the league at a similar salary level would not be far from a sure thing to replicate Osorio's number, and any player brought in from another MLS club would probably cost funny money, would make no sense from TFC's perspective, unless the fee they got for his loan was substantially higher and I doubt that would be the case.

I honestly don't think loaning him out makes much sense from TFC's perspective.

12 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

have you guys looked at football manager yet? What about Fifa ratings? Or Pro soccer evolution? There are so many more untapped useless resources to supplement your arguments!

Transfermarket is not useless. They give Zavaleta a higher value than Mavinga. Clearly it's a credible resource!

35 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

Its privately owned.  60% Greg Vanney, 40% Eric Zavaleta's mom

There is a rumor that TFC may swap Altidore for Valencia and Ismael Sosa of Tigres.

Seems like a lot for just Altidore.

I wonder if Vanney will offer some of that transfermarket ownership as part of the deal?

Edited by Obinna

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I forget who was interviewing him, but he was recently asked how it felt to score at such a historic stadium as Azteca, referencing his goal for Canada. I was waiting for Oso to mention that it isn't the first time he has scored there (he scored there for TFC), but he let it slide.

2 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

He is like the glue. He doesn't seem do anything extraordinary but when he doesn't play we seem to miss him. He links the play together, works well in tight spaces and has good vision. Can't believe he is already 29.  

Still a long way to go but I think he's our captain going into 2026.

2 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I love Oso and what he brings to the squad, but he's hit his ceiling imo. I'd be surprised if younger guys haven't played him out of the squad by 2026.

It’s not like we are flush with attacking mode field prospects.  I mean, we are - they just choose to play for other countries.  

At 29 he will definitely be getting up there by 2026, but he does seem to have a good engine so you never know.  In terms of his style and passion I think he would be good captain material.  

Love Osorio, TFC fan and he's had a lot of good moments for the club. Also a good soldier for the NT and plays an efficient, non-flashy role that allows other players to shine. Agree that he's about at his ceiling though we don't know how long he'll stay there. This cycle obviously we have no fully fledged players like him but I'd expect that to change in five years.

As far as captain I see either Davies based on talent, pedigree, and ability to handle the spotlight, or I wouldn't be surprised if it was Eustaquio if he moves to a big-ish club since he's also a lock to start and plays a more typical captain's central midfield position.