Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

It’s not like we are flush with attacking mode field prospects.  I mean, we are - they just choose to play for other countries.  

At 29 he will definitely be getting up there by 2026, but he does seem to have a good engine so you never know.  In terms of his style and passion I think he would be good captain material.  

You're not wrong, but think of how many guys came out of the woodwork in the past few years. It's not that I'd be upset with him in the squad by any means, more just hopeful that our program will continue to take big strides forward

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Osorio put in a clean Man of the Match performance today as TFC played their first game.

Osorio scored the tying goal but also was key in the middle with his usual 88% passing and most especially lead TFC with 8 tackles, including several really important tackles late in the game to help secure the point for TFC.

We all expect that Osorio is consistently an excellent midfielder and he didn’t disappoint today.

22 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Osorio put in a clean Man of the Match performance today as TFC played their first game.

Osorio scored the tying goal but also was key in the middle with his usual 88% passing and most especially lead TFC with 8 tackles, including several really important tackles late in the game to help secure the point for TFC.

We all expect that Osorio is consistently an excellent midfielder and he didn’t disappoint today.

Plus he had to cover for Bradley all night… that should earn bonus points.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming Osorio is one of the "questionable" guys. Hopefully, if he's a possibility for this Saturday's game, it means whatever it is is not serious enough to knock him out for the next 3 weeks, otherwise (with Atiba & Piette also question marks) it leaves fairly depleted for the last window at CM (at least in terms of the regular players we have called thus far).

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Typical TSN, pregame segment critiquing Oso play and talking about what he needs to do, how he is plays better for canada etc etc.  If he gets a segment disecting his performance, where is the cruxifiction of Mavinga, Bradley for the fall off of their game??  

Mavinga's fallen off a cliff with his play, for sure.  Bradley's rapidly losing tread on his tires, too. 

Today, unfortunately, he has a ton of inexperience around him in midfield, so we'll see how he does.

28 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The funny thing was I thought he looked a bit off before that play.  In the first half he was beaten to the ball a couple of times while he waited for it and the DC player hustled.  But that goal is quality.  

Didn't Petrasso get two assists?

Luca Patrasso was the MoM today but this was actually Ososio’s best game of the season as well.

Whoscored had him at 8.01.  92% passing,  Game winning goal, 4/4 dribbles, 4 clearances.  A classic Jonathan Osorio game for Toronto FC to get their first game of the season.   

If it wasn’t for the brilliance of Luca Petrasso today we would all be talking of Osorio’s great game.

44 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Luca Patrasso was the MoM today but this was actually Ososio’s best game of the season as well.

Whoscored had him at 8.01.  92% passing,  Game winning goal, 4/4 dribbles, 4 clearances.  A classic Jonathan Osorio game for Toronto FC to get their first game of the season.   

Fwiw, at the stadium they announced Osorio as man of the match

Jonathan Osorio's 50th Toronto FC goal captured from every angle.

There are lots to love about this goal and it's buildup.  First, Osorio does great getting the ball to Nelson.  Nelson had a pretty simple pass but glad he was involved in the buildup.  Petrasso received Pozuelo's through ball with a one-time cross that was inch perfect to the back post (which was basically his only option).  Osorio did about all he could to get the volley off which was placed perfectly.

However, the best part of the goal to me is watching Osorio's run.  If you wait until the last angle of the goal, just look where Osorio runs from to get to that cross in the buildup.

Edited by Corazon