Victor Loturi

Atlantic

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Yikes. Don't do it Victor!

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Really though Victor.. give it another year... no rush.

AFCON qualifying is only 2 games in, but South Sudan is bottom of their group. If qualifying was just starting or they were doing better, this might be a tougher decision. I think for now, he can wait this one out if he wants.

On 3/10/2023 at 2:21 AM, Watchmen said:

AFCON qualifying is only 2 games in, but South Sudan is bottom of their group. If qualifying was just starting or they were doing better, this might be a tougher decision. I think for now, he can wait this one out if he wants.

No idea what he will do (there is some attraction and benefit to the exposure of international footy at almost any level) but I agree that it makes more sense to hold off a bit.  He is a 21 year old playing in the Scottish top flight.  I would definitely be holding off on committing my international future to a clear second choice at this point.  He is close in age to a guy like Priso, who some think (including me) has a solid shot at the CMNT in the future.  If I was Loturi and I wasn’t strongly predisposed to playing for South Sudan for personal reasons, I would definitely be waiting.  

Just now, maplebanana said:

Take it for what you will, but Wheels just reported that Loturi has been called up for the March window. 

We will see when they announce the roster (possibly 10 min before kickoff on the 25th). 

That's too bad, I'm sure Loturi was looking forward to participating in his first camp. 

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

Within 4 years the CPL has only given caps to Borges, Waterman, MacNaughton, Didic, and has only given camps to Pantemis, Zator, Loturi and Carducci. 

It’s not a lot mate. So stop giving praise to the CSB for the CPL.  

Is this sarcasm?  Because if it isn’t I pretty strongly disagree with your conclusion.  For a league that is low budget, and which has firmly pegged itself as developmental (and which has operated during a pandemic for the majority of its existence) supplying those players is a huge achievement for a country that is now in World Cup echelons.   

EDIT - now that I think about it, this is prob sarcasm…

Edited by dyslexic nam

28 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Is this sarcasm?  Because if it isn’t I pretty strongly disagree with your conclusion.  For a league that is low budget, and which has firmly pegged itself as developmental (and which has operated during a pandemic for the majority of its existence) supplying those players is a huge achievement for a country that is now in World Cup echelons.   

EDIT - now that I think about it, this is prob sarcasm…

All that for nothing lol

But great response for those who will need it. 

4 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Damn - did not realize he was this complete. Reminds me of Kante.

I know it’s only a highlight compilation but he looks poised, good with both feet and has an eye for moving the ball forward. Also liked how a bulk of the clips were against Celtic and Rangers.

I know the guys at Northern Futbol Pod rave about him. Look forward to seeing what he can do in a National Team set up. 

4 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

I know it’s only a highlight compilation but he looks poised, good with both feet and has an eye for moving the ball forward. Also liked how a bulk of the clips were against Celtic and Rangers.

I know the guys at Northern Futbol Pod rave about him. Look forward to seeing what he can do in a National Team set up. 

That stood out to me as well. I was really surprised at his dribbling/shiftiness in these clips. Not something you would typically expect from a DM in Scotland.

Just thinking and how amazing is this … Cavalry FC could have 3 call ups in this squad from their 2019 team. If you add Carducci they’ve had 4 total from that team now. Props to Tommy Wheeldon Jr.

Edit: Just did a deeper dive on the numbers there and in 2019 there were 13 uncapped Canadian players that played for Cavalry (Ledgerwood & Trafford were capped; Serban had a season ending injury). 4/13 now called to Canada is insane. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That stood out to me as well. I was really surprised at his dribbling/shiftiness in these clips. Not something you would typically expect from a DM in Scotland.

Just thinking and how amazing is this … Cavalry FC could have 3 call ups in this squad from their 2019 team. If you add Carducci they’ve had 4 total from that team now. Props to Tommy Wheeldon Jr.

Edit: Just did a deeper dive on the numbers there and in 2019 there were 13 uncapped Canadian players that played for Cavalry (Ledgerwood & Trafford were capped; Serban had a season ending injury). 4/13 now called to Canada is insane. 

I hope Tommy gets his flowers for all the work he's done with Calgary Foothills and Cavalry. 

7 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

I know it’s only a highlight compilation but he looks poised, good with both feet and has an eye for moving the ball forward.

I’m sure his game has continued to develop but I saw lots of this when I watched him live. Cavalry fans will obviously know better than I 

4 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The skills you see in that highlight package was reason why I have been pushing back a littlr bit on the idea of him being a pure 6. He's obviously got more in his game than just that. That was the case at Cavalry and although I haven't watched him in Scotland, it's nice to see him doing this in the SPL, which is a step up from where he came from.

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The skills you see in that highlight package was reason why I have been pushing back a littlr bit on the idea of him being a pure 6. He's obviously got more in his game than just that. That was the case at Cavalry and although I haven't watched him in Scotland, it's nice to see him doing this in the SPL, which is a step up from where he came from.

For Canada him, Kone and Eustaquio all possess similar features but if we had to pick one to be the 6 at this time it would probably be Loturi. He’s sort of like Piette but with more speed and dribbling ability - probably not as physical though.