Victor Loturi

Atlantic

20 hours ago, Obinna said:

Came off the bench in another loss. Ross County are bottom of the table.

Game was tied 0-0 when he subbed in.  Ended 0-2.  Player rating on BBC (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64132640) have him at an atrocious 2.63, so he must have been to blame for a goal by in the opinion of the fans who gave him that rating. ☹️

• 2 weeks later...

So, I don't have any basis that it might actually happen but as Ross County's season is turning into a mess I had a thought: how about going to Montréal?

I know the MLS is not all that popular in some corners here but it's a decently rated league, perhaps not as high in reputation as the Scottish Premiership as a whole but the latter's reputation is very much enhanced by the Old Firm. Outside of it, I would argue that the rank and file of the SPL is definitely lower than the MLS'. Sure, missing the experience of those games against Rangers and Celtic would be a bummer but overall I'd argue that the MLS is gonna give him a higher level of play weekends and weeks out, especially if, as it appears likely, Ross County will end up on the bottom half for not only this year but next year as they rebuild. It wouldn't be a massive move up but it would be a move up from Ross County IMO. Of course, it would also either remove the risk of Loturi going to the Scottish Championship or rescue him from it.

Moreover, Montréal has also shown they had the ability to develop young Canadian players recently and they have a solid pipeline to the national team. Montréal would be a good place for him to become a Canadian international and would give him a pretty solid opportunity to move back to Europe, and this time to a higher level of play then any in North America.

On Montréal's side the team isn't nearly as smashed to pieces as some believe it to be, with them still having two descent forwards with Toye and especially Quioto while Koné and Johnston have descent replacements lined up in Hamdi and Breault-Guillard. The biggest missing piece IMO is a true replacement for Mihailovich, with Miljevic not being a great option for a starter. Loturi could play a similar role and while he is no Mihailovich he could be a Mihailovich of two years ago whom, if everything goes well and we are lucky, would end up a similar player. He would fit with both the team's needs tactically and for domestic players as well as with the team's development ethos. Moreover, MTL made a lot of good PR around its contribution to the CMNT recently, with Gervais openly calling MTL's Canadian internationals the team's pride. It would make sense for them to get a player that could continue that trend. 

Edited by phil03

12 hours ago, phil03 said:

So, I don't have any basis that it might actually happen but as Ross County's season is turning into a mess I had a thought: how about going to Montréal?

I know the MLS is not all that popular in some corners here but it's a decently rated league, perhaps not as high in reputation as the Scottish Premiership as a whole but the latter's reputation is very much enhanced by the Old Firm. Outside of it, I would argue that the rank and file of the SPL is definitely lower than the MLS'. Sure, missing the experience of those games against Rangers and Celtic would be a bummer but overall I'd argue that the MLS is gonna give him a higher level of play weekends and weeks out, especially if, as it appears likely, Ross County will end up on the bottom half for not only this year but next year as they rebuild. It wouldn't be a massive move up but it would be a move up from Ross County IMO. Of course, it would also either remove the risk of Loturi going to the Scottish Championship or rescue him from it.

Moreover, Montréal has also shown they had the ability to develop young Canadian players recently and they have a solid pipeline to the national team. Montréal would be a good place for him to become a Canadian international and would give him a pretty solid opportunity to move back to Europe, and this time to a higher level of play then any in North America.

On Montréal's side the team isn't nearly as smashed to pieces as some believe it to be, with them still having two descent forwards with Toye and especially Quioto while Koné and Johnston have descent replacements lined up in Hamdi and Breault-Guillard. The biggest missing piece IMO is a true replacement for Mihailovich, with Miljevic not being a great option for a starter. Loturi could play a similar role and while he is no Mihailovich he could be a Mihailovich of two years ago whom, if everything goes well and we are lucky, would end up a similar player. He would fit with both the team's needs tactically and for domestic players as well as with the team's development ethos. Moreover, MTL made a lot of good PR around its contribution to the CMNT recently, with Gervais openly calling MTL's Canadian internationals the team's pride. It would make sense for them to get a player that could continue that trend. 

I thought Loturi was a six.  Wouldn't he be in direct competition with Wanyama and Piette at Montreal?

15 hours ago, phil03 said:

I think he has more of a chance getting playing time at Ross County. Montreal is definitely a higher level than Ross County.

I think Loturi is set on giving Europe a shot and I don't think Montreal is looking to buy a young player in a foreign league only to flip him again in a year or two. Plus, we have a Mihailovic replacement in Sean Rea. Granted, it's a step down unless Rea takes a giant's step this year, but I don't think Loturi is a significant improvement over Rea.

4 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I thought Loturi was a six.  Wouldn't he be in direct competition with Wanyama and Piette at Montreal?

I am no Loturi expert but based on what I recall in his Cavalry days, he's more of a 6/8 instead of a pure 6, if that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Montreal also has Zouhir.

Let Loturi lock down a starter roll before we start planning hos next move

Agreed.

Loturi just got to that side of the pond. Let him figure it out a bit longer before he runs back. I get that Montreal (or anywhere in MLS) is an upgrade of the Scottish Premier League (outside of Celtic/Rangers), but in my opinion there's plenty for him to achieve in Scotland first before we start thinking MLS. He hasn't really done much of anything yet in Scotland, has he? Sure, he's found a way to be a starter on a relegation bound team, but that is not a whole lot. He's a good player and will achieve more with time.

If they wanted him, he probably could find his way onto a team like Montreal today and be relatively useful, but I don't think such a move is necessary. Not saying he should turn it down or anything. I just don't think we as fans need to go there in terms of speculating about an MLS move until he achieves more (or until we hear some rumours). 

17 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Dario Zanatta's club won 5-3 on penalties 0-0 aet. That's got to be quite alarming for Ross County because Hamilton Accies have been playing terribly for the last 2 or 3 months. Never really recovered from losing 1 million pounds to a Nigerian banking scam due to the foolish actions of an employee.

uhhhh is that true

18 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Crazy. I guess football clubs are not immune to such phishing attempts. They should offer security training to their employees, because otherwise you see what the cost can be. Such training isn't complicated either, it just trains people to use common sense, which unfortunately isn't very common now-a-days. 

• 2 weeks later...

Victoria Park, also known as the Global Energy Stadium for sponsorship reasons, is a 6,541 all-seater football stadium in the town of Dingwall, Highland, Scotland. It is the home ground of Ross County, who currently play in the Scottish Premiership.

The stadium was renovated in the spring and summer of 2012 to meet SPL criteria. This involved installing seats in the Jail End, constructing a new North Stand, installing undersoil heating and providing more car parking. Victoria Park was renamed the Global Energy Stadium, after the company founded by Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor, when the renovation was completed in July 2012.

The Jail End is so called because the old County Jail and Sheriff Court were once behind it.

Owner        Ross County F.C.
Location    Jubilee Road, Dingwall, Ross-shire, Scotland
Capacity    6,541 all-seated
Field size    110 × 75 yards
Surface        Grass
Opened        1929

uhKLpXG.png

PEwg1ZL.png