Victor Loturi

Atlantic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

So is Akio eligible or not.? I thought he played a official FIFA game with South Sudan

I replied on the tweet and it seems Akio drives the talk on Canada as he refers to them as friendlies, but Djibouti was a afcon qualifier.

38 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Akio is nowhere near the standard we need regardless of whether he’s eligible or not. Maybe in time Loturi could be - he’s still young. 
Either way packing our national team with players from Ross County is unlikely to be a recipe for success 

For me it isn’t so much about him being the necessary quality.  It just sucks for a guy who aspires to play for us but may have slammed that door shut without even realizing it.  

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

If Akio starts banging in goals in the SPL we would be foolish not to consider him. We really don't have that much depth.

If it wasn't for covid we probably would have had a Ross County player at the 2021 Gold Cup.

That being said the ship has pretty much sailed for Akio anyways 

If my gam gam starts banging in goals in the SPL we should consider her too. The problem is that neither have scored more than 1 goal. 

David 
Larin 
Cav
Ugbo
Brym 
Corbeanu
Akinola 
Akindele
Jebbison
Combria
De Ro Jr.
Diallo

We have at least 7-8 strikers who are way beyond him. Then we have a ton of young prospects with higher potential.

8 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

If my gam gam starts banging in goals in the SPL we should consider her too. The problem is that neither have scored more than 1 goal. 

David 
Larin 
Cav
Ugbo
Brym 
Corbeanu
Akinola 
Akindele
Jebbison
Combria
De Ro Jr.
Diallo

We have at least 7-8 strikers who are way beyond him. Then we have a ton of young prospects with higher potential.

Having a large player pool to select from isn’t really a problem. The more competition the better, some seasons are off when others are playing, and your list highlights players that have never played a pro game, including a U18 striker that’s one of the oldest in his group, while the primavera team has 3 strikers his age or younger

22 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

David 
Larin 
Cav
Ugbo
Brym 
Corbeanu
Akinola 
Akindele
Jebbison
Combria
De Ro Jr.
Diallo

Your list basically proves my point.

Again this is all moot now

I like Loturi, but so far, he seems to be playing sparingly for a Ross County, a side near the bottom of the table.

If they get relegated, he likely gets a lot of playing time in the Scottish Championship, but that likely pushes back his timeline to make the national team. If they stay up but he hasn't played a lot by season's end, is he ready for a national team call this summer? 

As things stand now, I don't see him featuring for Canada until after Gold Cup. There are a number of MLS guys like Priso, Kerr, Thompson, Rutty and even Baldisimo (if he's not officially gone to Philippians) who are similar age and may be vying for a Gold Cup midfield spot - and they'll be in season too.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Your list basically proves my point.

Again this is all moot now

Not sure how a list of 8 proven guys and then a few highly rated prospects proves that Akio is a viable option? Its not a comprehensive list but 8 proven players seems like its enough to say that akio is far off the CMNT. Listing 8 viable options doesnt mean that Akio is 9th on the depth chart either. Add in prospects with higher ceilings than Akio and his chances look quite low. If 8 guys go down with injuries then we still have guys like Bair, Ongaro, Pasher, Colyn etc who are likely ahead of Akio as well in regards to a call up. But the liklihood we lose out on 8 established strikers before any of our countless striker prospects make the jump up to the first team is quite unlikely.