Victor Loturi

Atlantic

11 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

So why haven't they previously? Haven't been paying close attention but assume it would have been a talking point on here if he had been and haven't seen anything like that being posted. If William Akio rated caps for them it is hard to believe Victor Loturi didn't as well.

As per this FB post, Loturi got called up to SS in 2021 when he was still in the CPL: https://m.facebook.com/FTFCanada/photos/a.306938376554332/875089813072516/?type=3

20 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

^ Think he got a bit excited on that "low value" shot.  Little turn opened up a lane for shooting outside the box and just got under the ball too much.   Right idea but could have done better.

£80K?  That is looking a bargain.

And what an advertisement for Canadian-produced players and for the league overall.

3 hours ago, nolando said:

And what an advertisement for Canadian-produced players and for the league overall.

Yeah but then you remember if our teams were playing in a US league he would have went to Real Madrid for 8M. That damn minority of CSA board members who wanted their own domestic league for selfish reasons ruined that. We could have been the only country in the world without a domestic league. How cool would that be?

^^^what on earth is this drivel all about? If something closer to the Easton report recommendations had been followed there still could have been a domestic league setup with no need for anything like the CSB deal to get investors to sign on the dotted line. The notion that the actions followed by "that damned minority of CSA board members" were the necessary prerequisite for having a domestic league is completely bogus.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

9 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^what on earth is this drivel all about? If something closer to the Easton report recommendations had been followed there still could have been a domestic league setup with no need for anything like the CSB deal to get investors to sign on the dotted line. The notion that the actions followed by "that damned minority of CSA board members" were the necessary prerequisite for having a domestic league is completely bogus.

But you just posted a few days ago that CPL is a "total failure" because they failed on a women's league and the clubs failed not having academies or development systems. The latter of which is totally false.

Anyways, how do you expect a league to do those in the terms of the Easton report, as underfunded poor clubs in a poor-man's league? 

The Easton report, which I think the CSA has taken off their website it matters so much to them. You may have it still in Fortran or something, all power to you.

What does the Easton report detail about academies and a women's league by the way?

It is impressive how you move these goalposts all by yourself, because they are heavy.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:46 PM, InglewoodJack said:

As per this FB post, Loturi got called up to SS in 2021 when he was still in the CPL: https://m.facebook.com/FTFCanada/photos/a.306938376554332/875089813072516/?type=3

Ignoring the deranged ramblings immediately above and getting back to Victor Loturi, it's still noteworthy that he turned down that call up back in 2021 and apparenty wasn't called again by South Sudan until the last window.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Ignoring the deranged ramblings immediately above and getting back to Victor Loturi, it's still noteworthy that he turned down that call up back in 2021 and apparenty wasn't called again by South Sudan until the last window.

I wonder if it’s a case of SS asking players to pay their own way to tournaments like Nigeria allegedly did with Owen Goodman, and maybe he wasn’t down. I also don’t know if that was the last time he was called up or not, or if SS even had many games he could’ve actually played in in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

For those who watched Loturi play in CPL was he as good as in the highlights video or has his game significantly progressed since his move to Scotland? He looks like an elegant player with sweet feet. Can dribble, accurate passing, quick, tackle & plays with some grit.

I’m not a Cavalry fan and I don’t watch SPL, so I can’t judge how much he’s improved, but I’d say he had much of the skill set on display here when I saw him live. You can only hope he keeps learning and refining the tools he already has 

9 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I’m not a Cavalry fan and I don’t watch SPL, so I can’t judge how much he’s improved, but I’d say he had much of the skill set on display here when I saw him live. You can only hope he keeps learning and refining the tools he already has 

If players like Loturi are coming up through CPL the league has a very bright future. I know there are ex-CPL players that are in and out of the National team, mostly defenders, but if Loturi can continue to develop his game, he could be a key player for us in midfield.  If CPL can produce players with high technical ability, it's really going to open up future options for both players & the league. Btw transfer mkt shows a 91K Euro transfer fee which would translate to the 6 figure Cdn previously reported.

Celtic fans raved about his performance if you read Twitter. I also saw a Rangers fan chime in with how impressed they were with him as well. 

Would be amazing if he could get a Kone or Johnston move. Although he doesn’t have the national team experience just yet it has to be a plus that he’s already performing in Europe. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Celtic fans raved about his performance if you read Twitter. I also saw a Rangers fan chime in with how impressed they were with him as well. 

Would be amazing if he could get a Kone or Johnston move. Although he doesn’t have the national team experience just yet it has to be a plus that he’s already performing in Europe. 

The fact he was even called in should help. It will be another signpost for those monitoring his development. 

7 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Seems like TFC could've saved 1 million in GAM or whatever it was and Priso and just gotten Loturi instead of Kaye.

Well Kaye was an MLS All-star as recently as 2019, and Loturi has no experience playing in MLS. 

Loturi is one for the future, and hopefully the very near future, but I get why they brought Kaye in and shipped Priso out. I wouldn't call it "money well spent" on Kaye so far, but I think both players are better off in their new situations. 

Speaking about Kaye, it's funny how he was maligned at LAFC and now it's the same in Toronto. It's one thing for Americans to criticize a Canadian player, but it's another thing when Canadians do so.

Perhaps it has everything to do with Kaye and nothing to do with Americans and Canadians, but then what is it about him that draws criticism, I wonder? Clearly the coaches rate him, Bradley, Robin Fraser, and Herdman. He's never been dropped for long stretches without coming back into any team he's been a part of. Also, he seems to be well liked by his teammates by all accounts. Yet for some reason he's undervalued by the fans, or maybe the coaches overvalue him. Either way, there's clearly a mismatch. Maybe we the fans have a different expectation of what he's supposed to be than coaches do?

For me I think Kaye still has a place in the national team. I know some want to see Loturi instead, or someone like Priso, but Kaye has experience and he's in his prime. I definitely want to see Loturi and Priso get looks sooner than later, don't get me wrong, but for now I am indifferent to Kaye getting minutes ahead of them, considering we are playing for trophies. People act like he has no business near the national team right now, but he's got 2 goals for Toronto and is a regular in the midfield for them. I haven't been following that closely to start the season, but I don't recall him costing us points. Does he look like 2019 MAK? No. Does he deserved to be dropped from TFC or Canada right now? No. 

16 minutes ago, Obinna said:

For me I think Kaye still has a place in the national team. I know some want to see Loturi instead, or someone like Priso, but Kaye has experience and he's in his prime. I definitely want to see Loturi and Priso get looks sooner than later, don't get me wrong, but for now I am indifferent to Kaye getting minutes ahead of them, considering we are playing for trophies.

Since arriving in Colorado, Priso has done little to nothing to warrant a call up.  He has to become a regular starter there, not a bench guy, especially if he still wants to head across the pond for his club football.