Victor Loturi

Atlantic

Nice stadium if only we could build a few stadiums like that for our CPL teams  , but we are in Canada it will never happen  the closest  we have is probably  Pacific’s stadium . We  think that the Halifax stadium is something special lol but still does not compare to this Ross County stadium . Put York United  for example in a stadium like this and I can guarantee you a big bump in attendance . 

18 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Nice stadium if only we could build a few stadiums like that for our CPL teams  , but we are in Canada it will never happen  the closest  we have is probably  Pacific’s stadium . We  think that the Halifax stadium is something special lol but still does not compare to this Ross County stadium . Put York United  for example in a stadium like this and I can guarantee you a big bump in attendance . 

the fuck

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, toontownman said:

Went under the radar yesterday. Hopefully he can continue this run of form and keep growing. Might be a dark horse for March or later in the year for sure.

rather see him play for Sudan game in and game out in international competition. what good is it if he gets cap tied to Canada but can't crack the roster on a regular basis 

4 hours ago, yothat2 said:

rather see him play for Sudan game in and game out in international competition. what good is it if he gets cap tied to Canada but can't crack the roster on a regular basis 

LOL this is a new one for sure.

He’s 21 - he has plenty of time. Level wise he’s ahead of where most of our current midfielders were at the same age. 

I’d imagine that playing for South Sudan would be like playing for Guyana or St. Kitts. 

19 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

LOL this is a new one for sure.

He’s 21 - he has plenty of time. Level wise he’s ahead of where most of our current midfielders were at the same age. 

I’d imagine that playing for South Sudan would be like playing for Guyana or St. Kitts. 

Hey now at least Guyana has played in a Gold Cup…South Sudan have never qualified for an AFCON.

3 hours ago, Shway said:

…South Sudan have never qualified for an AFCON.

To be fair they only became independent from Sudan in 2011, but doubt they'll be having much of an impact in that context any time soon. Meanwhile in a Canadian context there's 2026 and even though he's not looking like a likely contender for that roster right now would he want to close the door on that possibility?

11 hours ago, yothat2 said:

This is not far off from wanting to see Baldisimo play for the Phillipines. They are ranked 134.

People (including myself) are excited about Loturi and what he could be for the national team, but Baldisimo is just one year older and the opinion is far more divided on whether he should wait for Canada. Maybe that's because his game has come under scrutiny playing for Vancouver in MLS, far more than Loturi playing at a lower level in CPL with Cavalry, or now playing with Ross County, where most of us aren't actually watching him week-in, week-out. 

San Jose took a chance on Baldisimo and he made it off the bench in the opener. Maybe he will in the mix come Gold Cup?

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

This is not far off from wanting to see Baldisimo play for the Phillipines. They are ranked 134.

People (including myself) are excited about Loturi and what he could be for the national team, but Baldisimo is just one year older and the opinion is far more divided on whether he should wait for Canada. Maybe that's because his game has come under scrutiny playing for Vancouver in MLS, far more than Loturi playing at a lower level in CPL with Cavalry, or now playing with Ross County, where most of us aren't actually watching him week-in, week-out. 

San Jose took a chance on Baldisimo and he made it off the bench in the opener. Maybe he will in the mix come Gold Cup?

The AFC also recently expanded their tournament to 24 teams, with the Philippines debut in 2019 and just missing for 2023, meaning that if Baldisimo could crack that lineup he'd still end up with a decent chance at qualifying for a major tournament, something that looks very unlikely for him with Canada. 

5 hours ago, Watchmen said:

The AFC also recently expanded their tournament to 24 teams, with the Philippines debut in 2019 and just missing for 2023, meaning that if Baldisimo could crack that lineup he'd still end up with a decent chance at qualifying for a major tournament, something that looks very unlikely for him with Canada. 

I just don’t know how guys can be written off while playing in a league that a lot of regulars play in. If he left the league…Sure, but he may have found a better situation. I just don’t get how it can be unlikely for someone before they turn 23, especially when our national team isn’t filled with guys playing at top real top tier clubs. 

On 2/27/2023 at 12:16 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

To be fair they only became independent from Sudan in 2011, but doubt they'll be having much of an impact in that context any time soon. Meanwhile in a Canadian context there's 2026 and even though he's not looking like a likely contender for that roster right now would he want to close the door on that possibility?

This got me curious to see how Sudan did before South Sudan separated. They went 0-3 in 2008, and their last appearance before that was in the 70's. Then I noticed that in the 50's, 60's, and 70's they were top 3 every time they made it to the tournament. So I looked a bit deeper and saw that there were only 3 teams in the first couple tournaments. Ethiopia in fact had a second place finish and a third place finish before ever scoring a goal, let alone winning a game or even drawing a game.

Humble beginnings, I guess like our Voyageurs Cup.

Well this been hit on the head thousand of times. Look at teal Bunbury .. made an terrible decision playing for the us..could been playing game in and game out for Canada from 2008 - 2018 

Not sure if Matthew or Victor are starter level for Canada .. my parents  east African lol but not Sudanese so some bias. 

21 minutes ago, Shway said:

Sometimes it takes guys to be surrounded by better players to elevate them further. 
Kante went from 13th place Caen to Chelsea within 3 years.
It took him winning the title with Leicester for him to be called up to France, in which they almost won the Euros. 

In some ways it's a similar story to Eustaquio. Playing with a lesser club like Pacos, then elevating his game with Porto and becoming one of the most valuable midfielders in Portugal. 

The difference perhaps is that Eustaquio stood out with Pacos and I assume Kante stood out with Caen, that's why Chelsea bought him. I haven't watched Ross County to see if Loturi stands out with them, but just from monitoring the game reports and such, he's not there quite yet.

The trend is going in the right direction, however. As long as he's getting better and becoming more important to Ross County we should remain encouraged.  

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

In some ways it's a similar story to Eustaquio. Playing with a lesser club like Pacos, then elevating his game with Porto and becoming one of the most valuable midfielders in Portugal. 

The difference perhaps is that Eustaquio stood out with Pacos and I assume Kante stood out with Caen, that's why Chelsea bought him. I haven't watched Ross County to see if Loturi stands out with them, but just from monitoring the game reports and such, he's not there quite yet.

The trend is going in the right direction, however. As long as he's getting better and becoming more important to Ross County we should remain encouraged.  

Kante went from Caen to Leicester. The point I was making was that he was already a baller before he got called up. If not for Leicester winning the title he may have not been called up by France because he was on Leicester.

But you’re right he isn’t “tearing” it up in the SPFL…but neither was Millar, or Wotherspoon but they still got/get called. 

23 minutes ago, Shway said:

he isn’t “tearing” it up in the SPFL…but neither was Millar, or Wotherspoon but they still got/get called. 

I meant to say Leicester, but yes you are right here for sure. I think a Loturi call up would be fair play by Herdman here. The same may potentially be said for Priso or Baldisimo depending on how the next few weeks of MLS go. All 3 are dual nationals as well, so the arguments for prioritizing Loturi to lock him in would also apply. The one difference I suppose is that Loturi hasn't had any prior national team involvement, whereas Baldisimo featured heavily with our U23s and Priso was even part of a senior camp at one point, if I recall correctly.