Victor Loturi

Atlantic

Just now, Dominic94 said:

I wish I knew, I think the Waterman success and the pay of Chung and MacNoughton is raising eyebrows and teams are saying hey why not spend 50-300k on a player as a flyer.

Valour's Akio (Loturi's brother) and Dyer have also been linked to Ross County 

23 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

His older brother William Akio, a South Sudanese international

I assume that means he is capped to South Sudan and not just that he is a native of South Sudan.  I hadn't heard of South Sudan; for the benefit of those, like me, who are behind in their social and geographical studies, South Sudan gained independence from Sudan in 2011, making it the most recent sovereign state or country with widespread recognition as of 2022

The rumours I've seen for Akio have said for Dundee, not Ross County, but I guess we'll find out soon enough

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I assume that means he is capped to South Sudan

According to Transfermarket he's played one friendly and one AFCON qualifier this year. The site also has him listed as Canadian eligible, but I believe since he was older than 23 when capped he's ineligible to swap if he ever got to that level.

Loturi on the other hand was born in Calgary but I presume is also eligible for South Sudan

6 hours ago, VinceA said:

One thing to add is that it seems Scottish football fans are say Mackay will be a good coach for him and other youngsters and he has shown an ability to unlock their next level and make players even better.

Could be great for him. (And the likes of Ben Paton).

I think he's clearly a good football coach, but almost certainly also a cunt of a bloke. Hopefully, young Victor gets a lot of the former and none of the latter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malky_Mackay#Controversies

5 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I assume that means he is capped to South Sudan and not just that he is a native of South Sudan.  I hadn't heard of South Sudan; for the benefit of those, like me, who are behind in their social and geographical studies, South Sudan gained independence from Sudan in 2011, making it the most recent sovereign state or country with widespread recognition as of 2022

If you can hunt it down on the internet, the BBC did an interesting documentary about their football team a few years ago. I think I might have posted about it before as there is a Canadian link if I am remembering correctly m. Can’t remember exactly but I think it shows one of their players having a trial Canada (csl?). Also, just trying to look that up, I see they are currently coached by Canadian, Stefano Cusin (someone I wasn’t aware of previously).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03wctxp

9 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Yes, he’s capped. He was actually born in Kenya. Parents must be from South Sudan. So presumably Loturi will be eligible for Canada, South Sudan, and maybe even Kenya, depending on what their citizenship rules are, and whether his parents were citizens of Kenya/born in Kenya.

5 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

If you can hunt it down on the internet, the BBC did an interesting documentary about their football team a few years ago. I think I might have posted about it before as there is a Canadian link if I am remembering correctly m. Can’t remember exactly but I think it shows one of their players having a trial Canada (csl?). Also, just trying to look that up, I see they are currently coached by Canadian, Stefano Cusin (someone I wasn’t aware of previously).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03wctxp

On 6/21/2022 at 9:38 AM, narduch said:

He's already with his new club.

The Scottish transfer window must open earlier than July 1. Which makes sense since they start earlier than other leagues 

It does. Scotland transfer window opened June 10.

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/680099dc838c2961/original/Transfer-Window-Calendar_MFA_S_20211201.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I guess today we've learned that CPL is a higher level of competition than the Scottish fourth tier.

Think Calum Ferguson being way off the level of play with the Valour in 2019 provides more evidence for that. Was posting on here before that season even started that they could probably find somebody better in the MMSL. Think the stronger teams in CanPL would hold their own no problem in the Scottish second tier but the rosters aren't quite deep enough to cope with the lower end of the top tier over 38 games.

38 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Akio must be regretting tying himself to South Sudan. Not that he’ll ever be good enough for Canada but he’s a lot closer than Jebbison is to England for instance. 

he needs the content for his YouTube channel 😆

"Flew to Africa"