Osaze De Rosario

Atlantic

Great start to the season.  He’s going to get the benefit of the doubt more than any other 20 year old CanPL player if he scores a fair bit this year. 

If he’s able to score double digits as a 20 year old, MLS teams will come for him next season.  

He’s 6’2” and seems to have good agility.  I expect him in MLS next season.

44 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Great start to the season.  He’s going to get the benefit of the doubt more than any other 20 year old CanPL player if he scores a fair bit this year. 

If he’s able to score double digits as a 20 year old, MLS teams will come for him next season.  

He was in the Ukrainian league before, I could see York trying to get him back in Europe

56 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I am sure his dad will be busy at it making all the calls. This kid has a great support system but it is up to him to perform which he certainly is early on, looking forward to him continuing it. 

4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

He was playing in Europe before the war broke out in Ukraine, he will probably head back to Europe next season.

He most likely goes back to Europe. I feel like he's only in the CPL right now because he had no other options. He left his Ukrainian club just before the war broke out and the European transfer window was closed. The only place with an open transfer window was Canada/USA, so he had to come here or sit out until July. I could see York selling him in July once the window opens

5 hours ago, rydermike said:

He most likely goes back to Europe. I feel like he's only in the CPL right now because he had no other options. He left his Ukrainian club just before the war broke out and the European transfer window was closed. The only place with an open transfer window was Canada/USA, so he had to come here or sit out until July. I could see York selling him in July once the window opens

FIFA has actually allowed players from Ukraine and Russia to transfer outside of the window due to the war. 

43 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

FIFA has actually allowed players from Ukraine and Russia to transfer outside of the window due to the war. 

The thing is he left the club before that policy was created, which is why I don't think he's eligible. He left the club February 16. The Russians first invaded in the 24th.

Edited by rydermike

On 4/23/2022 at 8:44 AM, jonovision said:

Good strike. Keeper should have done better too.

I don't know, that angle and movement is murder for a keeper.  Could have arced it into the opposite corner just as easily (rlike its that easy, eh?) so how does Roloff cheat a guess on that?  Would be one Hell of a save if he does. 

11 hours ago, rydermike said:

The thing is he left the club before that policy was created, which is why I don't think he's eligible. He left the club February 16. The Russians first invaded in the 24th.

I think he signed in early April, first week, but the ruling was made in late March. So he most definitely qualifies, he was free to suspend his contract and sign for York.

Leaving earlier for the reasons he did, unless someone rules he breached the contract and had no right to leave before a war, would not affect this. Acc to this article, he came to an agreement with them 9 days before the invasion, then later activated the ruling to suspend.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/osaze-de-rosario-joins-york-united-was-last-in-ukraine-with-rukh-lviv/view/news/402476

This ruling is valid until the end of June. So I imagine it will be extended, and they may have to sign him to a new deal, or confirm the existing one, which was apparently for a year.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This ruling is valid until the end of June. So I imagine it will be extended, and they may have to sign him to a new deal, or confirm the existing one, which was apparently for a year.

Including options De Rosario has a three year deal with York.