Osaze De Rosario

Atlantic

There was a Canadian playing on Trinidad last night who plays Swedish 4th division. How did we let him get away?

But I think good on Osaze. Good luck to him. I can't see him ever playing for Canada and I still enjoy watching these Canadian guys who would like never fully feature in the cmnt playing for other countries.

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

There was a Canadian playing on Trinidad last night who plays Swedish 4th division. How did we let him get away?

But I think good on Osaze. Good luck to him. I can't see him ever playing for Canada and I still enjoy watching these Canadian guys who would like never fully feature in the cmnt playing for other countries.

Same. It's the best for there careers. Get international games, new friends, travel and competition and never know what opportunities an agent can find

At least 1 year too early imo. Look at a guy like JRR who is in the CMNT pool. Similar age, and JRR has 4 goals in 31 MLS appearances. I bet ODR could put up similar numbers. Sometimes it is just about getting an opportunity. I think ODR definitely has CMNT potential. Only 22 years old, big 6'2 striker with 18 goals in 51 apps for York.

I would have liked to see where he might be in a season or two. But alas. Really nice pickup for Guyana.

14 hours ago, Kent said:

I can't be mad at Osaze or anything, and I don't think I hold him to any different standard because of his dad, but I don't have to like this news either. I'm a York United fan, and it felt a bit nicer when he scored rather than others because he is a young(ish) Canadian player that yes, I thought still could potentially help the national team some day. He's 22 years old. People are bringing up Larin, who I love and I defended way back when he was a bit of a whipping boy in the days of that Gold Cup missed net (against El Salvador was it?). But he's got 0 goals so far this season (in possibly the best league in the world, top 2 for sure, but still) and will be in his 30's when Osaze is 24. Cavallini is already 30, so will be 32 when Larin hit's his 30's, and Cavallini already looks like maybe his best days are behind him. Akinola dropped off the face of the earth after his unfortunate knee injury in the Gold Cup. Ugbo hasn't impressed me from anything I've seen (I haven't been following his progress this season). Things aren't as rosy at striker as they were not long ago. I wasn't as hopeful for Osaze to pan out after this season as I was after last season, but there was still a chance I thought he could break through one day.

Gone are the days of us relying on a rookie to lead the line. To me, mentioning that Larin is pointless based on the current state of our program.  I think you're understating the player "depth" we have, and more so displaying your affinity towards him.

Just looking at our depth solely based on the forward position, and the age they will be in 2026.
We have this list of guys who have had NT caps, with some being core players.
David 26
Larin 31
Brym 28
Russell-Rowe 24
Ugbo 28
Bair 27
Akinola 26

Then there's a bucket of guys who are currently playing at higher levels than him and haven't been called.
Kerr 23
Colyn 24
Anthony Vilsaint 24
Johnson 27
Mbongue 22
Kulenović 27
Ennin 28

Then there are guys who are playing at similar levels and have been consistently performing...
Pacius 25
Campbell 28
Oluwaseyi 26
Salter 26
Ferrin 27

Then there's the guy everybody wants who will immediately be included as soon as he commits...
Jebbison 23

The reality is, that this is an exhaustive list of guys who are in the same group and it doesn't factor in the upcoming guys who might randomly explode onto the scene. We can have the same hope for the 13 other guys who could have the chance to break through one day.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...