WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - Tuesday, June 8th, 9:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago

4 minutes ago, Big_M said:

very scary situation..they are coming in with a lot of high level players and beat bermuda 6-0 that we beat 5-1..and our central midfield situation doesnt look good with piette osorio fraser as subs or playing little in their club and kaye not doing well with lafc..the 2022 dream could very well end in a few days

Very true, but it won’t be due to underestimating them.  As said thousands of times, if we can’t draw Suriname in a neutral venue Canada doesnt deserve to be in the Ocho.  Sad to say from a perspective of unlucky draw and bad for the program, but the truth.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Bermuda sent a stronger squad in March though.

We also beat Caymans 11-0 and Suriname could only muster a 3-0 result 

That’s why they play the games!  Our boys will get a chance to show them what they are made of. Dominate today with the B team then open up a can of whoop ass on Suriname in Chicago.

24 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

That’s why they play the games!  Our boys will get a chance to show them what they are made of. Dominate today with the B team then open up a can of whoop ass on Suriname in Chicago.

I think Suriname can score against us on Tuesday.  And that doesn't trouble me one... little... bit.

Could have been a lot worse on who Suriname potentially had to draw from if they had been quicker to allow dual nationality for people in their diaspora that want to represent them in sport:

5ebcd6e44fe20.jpg

Assuming all goes well this time I think the concern would be that over the next few years this propels them to Jamaica sort of levels in ranking terms making it more difficult for the CMNT to become a fixture in the top tier of CONCACAF teams.

26 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Could have been a lot worse on who Suriname potentially had to draw from if they had been quicker to allow dual nationality for people in their diaspora that want to represent them in sport:

5ebcd6e44fe20.jpg

Assuming all goes well this time I think the concern would be that over the next few years this propels them to Jamaica sort of levels in ranking terms making it more difficult for the CMNT to become a fixture in the top tier of CONCACAF teams.

A lot of these guys play(ed) for Holland though; they would never commit to Suriname early. I think they're gonna have to keep relying on older players. Riedewald is the only realistic one on this list.

11 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

A lot of these guys play(ed) for Holland though; they would never commit to Suriname early. I think they're gonna have to keep relying on older players. Riedewald is the only realistic one on this list.

Kluivert would still be eligible too based on the new rules I believe. I’m sure he will hold out for at least another few years but could be an option down the road.

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

5ebcd6e44fe20.jpg

Yeah, if they were able to pull the likes of van Dijk and Wijnaldum, they’d be an absolute powerhouse in CONCACAF but they’ll always be the fall back option for the guys that can’t make Holland. 

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

I think we might see this based on tonights game.
Osorio and Vitoria would be my two guys I would say that wouldn't be surprised to not see them.

image.png.751a910c9a90c7a0367c7ae1257f0665.png

Still not sure if Osorio  will be fit enough to start (Wotherspoon has shown to be more than capable).... and with this formation, I'd be feel good with either of Laryea and Buchanan tbh

19 minutes ago, narduch said:

Aren't we getting 11 different starters? Wouldn't that rule out Vittoria?

Is that for sure? It would make sense considering Vitoria played the whole game however. 

But...doesn't Kennedy, Henry and Borjan....scare anyone a little bit?

Edited by Shway

Just now, LeoH037 said:

Still not sure if Osorio  will be fit enough to start (Wotherspoon has shown to be more than capable).... and with this formation, I'd be feel good with either of Laryea and Buchanan tbh

Laryea is still the undisputed RB for me. His 1v1, iq and passing abilities is currently unmatched (although Buchanan is knocking.) 

2 hours ago, archer21 said:

Yeah, if they were able to pull the likes of van Dijk and Wijnaldum, they’d be an absolute powerhouse in CONCACAF but they’ll always be the fall back option for the guys that can’t make Holland. 

Didn't realize van Dijk was eligible.  Truthfully, does read like a fantasy wish list doesn't it?  Have a hard time imaging a few of the names on that graphic putting in for life in CONCACAF.

Never know though...

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

Didn't realize van Dijk was eligible.  Truthfully, does read like a fantasy wish list doesn't it?  Have a hard time imaging a few of the names on that graphic putting in for life in CONCACAF.

Never know though...

It's stupid tbh.

You can play the what if game with a lot of countries. 

For example Guadeloupe could have Martial, Coman, Marcus Thurham, Lacazette, Lemar, Saint-Maxmin, Capoue, and more... a lot of which are still eligible..

Is it possible that JH plays  Alistar Johnston at RCB in a 3 at the back? I know he plays RB for his club but given that he is solid defensively this may work. If he is paired with 2 of Vitoria/Henry/Kennedy they can cover for his lack of height in the box

Yeah, the CB situation is gonna be interesting. Is Vitoria gonna play 2 games in 4 days, or is Kennedy gonna get his first cap in a do or die game? Vitoria sitting a game out would really shock me, but Kennedy's played a lot more recently. Still, it doesn't seem like a very Herdman thing to do... I was under the impression he really liked Vitoria. 

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

How on earth can Van Dijk and Wijnaldum be eligible for Suriname? Both have played many times for the Netherlands senior national team.

42 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Is it possible that JH plays  Alistar Johnston at RCB in a 3 at the back? I know he plays RB for his club but given that he is solid defensively this may work. If he is paired with 2 of Vitoria/Henry/Kennedy they can cover for his lack of height in the box

Generally when you do a 3-5-2 type formation you use 3 real CBS.

I don't expect Canada to use such a formation