Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

I agree that it sucks he isn’t getting minutes (yet) but the reality is that their coach’s job is first and foremost to win.  If he thinks having Jebbison on the bench as another option is better than random striker #2, he will recall him and have him ride the pine until he thinks he can make an impact. It is a results oriented business and if Jebbison makes a better substitute than the other guy, unfortunately it will impact his loan spell.  It is definitely odd that he didn’t give him time during their last losing cause when they clearly needed offence but I do understand the overall approach even if it is unfortunate from a developmental perspective.

Let’s just hope that his skills and work ethic start or get him sub minutes where he can secure a consistent role on the field.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

12 hours ago, Macksam said:

After this club's season is over in a few months, they should look for a MLS loan opportunity. If I were TFC, Caps or Impact, I would jump at the chance of having him from about May to the end of the year. 

Maybe he could train with them in May, but he wouldn't be able to play for them until he got an international transfer, which would have to happen in a transfer window which I assume is July as per usual.

53 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Finally got on the field in the 86’. Still behind Sharp and McBurnie but at least he got on I guess. Seems crazy to recall him to be the 3rd striker in a 1 striker system. I guess they wanted injury cover maybe?

Sheffield U was up 3-0 at the 38' and 4-0 on 78' and the gaffer waits until the 86' to sub on Jebbo. I guess he wasn't consulted on the recall. Even if you are 3rd striker  give your bench players some decent mins to keep them match sharp. Crazy move for his development

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

they called him up to play for their U23s? really weird

It's easy to say they shouldn't have re-called him just to send him down with the U23s.

The reality is they felt they needed him, haven't used him (for whatever reason) and now he needs minutes.

It's not as if they recalled him specifically to play for the U23s.

Definitely think everyone is stuck on the crappy ball he provided on the 2 on 1. He sort of stumbled with the ball caught in his feet before he attempted his pass. It was certainly a bad pass.

But the reason he came on much earlier this game was cause SU had no offense going in the game. They scored 3 minutes after he entered. He provided some nice runs which created some separation between the defense and midfielders, even without touching the ball. After he entered, they definitely had their most offensive control and chances

The interesting part was when defending a corner, you could see the goalie constantly talking to him and trying to move him into the correct position. Then on another defensive corner, NF corner missed his head by centimeters which resulted in the goal for NF. I wouldnt blame on the goal on his positoning but it seemed obvious that he looked lost on how to defend corners.

It also should be mentioned that he a great run which resulted in his shot on goal. He was just in a tough angle to beat the goalie. But it was a solid scoring chance.

I will interested to see when he enters the next game for SU

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 7:56 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Keep an eye on the FA's website early Friday morning to see if Jebbison continues with the England U19s

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2022/Mar/11/england-squads-set-for-march-20220311

He is with the England U19s for the March window :

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2022/Mar/18/england-mu19-squad-march-qualifiers-20220318

• 2 weeks later...