Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10403749/How-Sheffield-Uniteds-Daniel-Jebbison-thriving-loan-Burton-Albion.html

Cracking article from the daily fail. 

Lots of Canadian connections in the article and he speaks about being a role model to students at his former Canadian school... do the right thing now Daniel 😜

2 minutes ago, gator said:

This isn't really earth shattering news, of course his country of birth is trying to get this potential star to come play for them, it would be nice if he was on this impending roster!

Yeah just interesting the reports are coming out now. Gives some more concrete hope that we may see him March or nations league 

8 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

War? No English fans will care.

That’s what I thought until I saw English fans arguing with USMNT fans on Twitter about who’s better

all it takes is an English fan to make a comment along the lines of “Canada? They even have a football team? Why would he want to play with them?” And it all begins

23 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

IMO Jebba is above Cava at this point in time. And close with Ugbo. Probably higher if you consider ceiling. 

I would probably agree with that to a point but Cava’s experience is useful especially in Central America. I would still put Jebba behind Ugbo but within six months, he could be far ahead. I am not sure this is the time to throw him in. I probably would go with the last 6 matches with what we have barring injuries but hopefully we qualify, and then we can bring some of these guys in during the summer for friendlies or nations cup. I certainly think there are a few like Jebba, Flores, Mitrovic, Smith, Dias who with a blistering 2022 (and a commitment to the program) could displaced some on the roster. And of course Corbeanu as well. 

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Jebbison now has 9 goals in 20 appearances for Burton as an 18 year old. You could definitely call him on merit. Millar was getting caps while playing in League 1..

Yeah. But the difference now is that everyone in the side who he could theoretically replace is playing at a higher level than him. When Millar was getting the call, that wasn’t the case.

It's a tricky situation at this point. Jebbo needs to know  he can break into our senior squad to make it worth while. Why? because otherwise he misses out on playing with England's youth teams while ours are dormant. I don't see JH taking a B squad for NL either but there may be more opportunities for some of these young players to get some playing time