Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

• 3 weeks later...

When it comes to England, it's really just a question of whether he's good enough to play for them or not. I just pray he doesn't hold out until he's 25 for that England dream, or falls victim to getting cap tied then buried. But that quote is a lot better than the generic "me, I bleed for my country and as a patriot I want nothing more than to play for [team that isn't canada]" that we usually get.

31 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

When it comes to England, it's really just a question of whether he's good enough to play for them or not. I just pray he doesn't hold out until he's 25 for that England dream, or falls victim to getting cap tied then buried. But that quote is a lot better than the generic "me, I bleed for my country and as a patriot I want nothing more than to play for [team that isn't canada]" that we usually get.

I would assume the decision will probably be before the 2026 WC he’ll have to be a top 5/6 striker from England to get a cal when there’s guys like Tammy, Kane, DCL, Toney who will still be around in 2026 but if jebbison can become a average 10-15 goal scorer in the prem, which I believe he can he’ll likely get looked at by England but you never know.

24 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

I would assume the decision will probably be before the 2026 WC he’ll have to be a top 5/6 striker from England to get a cal when there’s guys like Tammy, Kane, DCL, Toney who will still be around in 2026 but if jebbison can become a average 10-15 goal scorer in the prem, which I believe he can he’ll likely get looked at by England but you never know.

Oh yeah, for sure, there are few teams harder to break into than England's, so he'll have to take several steps forward to get on their senior team radar. Just hope he doesn't become a tweener, the type of guy you pencil in as a end of roster type player (their version of like, joel waterman, raheem edwards, etc.), and he prays that he'll get his shot some day. He'll be 22 in 2026, and he'll be 26 for the 2032 WC, so I really hope that he doesn't get called up by Canada in '26 as his career is really taking off in the premier league, and he chooses to wait until '32 so he can play for England or something.

My gut feeling is that he commits to us in the run up to the 2026 World Cup, but if he does go play for Everton, kills it, and in a couple years you have the big teams calling for him... might make canmnt fans sweat a little.

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

It’s a fine line, no?   Tough call - and hard to hope that a Canada eligible player doesn’t do well in the Championship to avoid attracting the attention of big brother.   

Fine line yes, but hes still young. Lots of time to perform. Hopefully he has committed to us when he does

Edited by king1010

13 minutes ago, VinceA said:

To be perfectly honest about Jebbo. We have so many attackers coming through the program at this point even with Jebbison my first thought is cool, but we don't even have room for you right now. Same with Michel, Vilsaint, Akinola, Ongaro, Russell-Rowe and others. 

At 19 he is potentially a Championship-calibre player.  We may not have room on the plane to Qatar but I would argue that we may want to make room somewhere in the senior program.  He could be an EPL striker in a couple of years so it would be good to get him involved if at all possible.  

We still have far more room than England do for him. Which is why he will more likely choose us imo. 

One worry is getting cap tied through the u21s. The biggest question is when the time comes whether he actually develops further to be good enough for either nation. Jury is still out. 

Just looking this weekend in premiership the amount of quality English players that now represent other nations just grows and grows. There is never a shortage of young talent coming through and unless you are playing for a "big 6 team" or top European side you arent getting a look in. To top that if you aren't scoring for fun you are soon replaced by someone new in the pecking order. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VinceA said:

At this point I feel like he should probably leave Sheffield. They don't seem to know what to do with him. 

He’s in a tough spot.  A team needs guys on the bench that they can rely on if called upon.  And for better or worse, he has been that guy - not good enough for the starting 11 but not poor enough to be out of the mix and loaned out.   

On 8/24/2022 at 7:22 PM, dyslexic nam said:

He’s in a tough spot.  A team needs guys on the bench that they can rely on if called upon.  And for better or worse, he has been that guy - not good enough for the starting 11 but not poor enough to be out of the mix and loaned out.   

He’s the 4th striker. Surely they could play a winger/attacking mid up there if it got desperate. Or just change to a single striker formation. Or loan Jebbison out and bring in some 30 year old journeyman to be your 4th striker. It’s a huge waste to have him sit on the bench if he’s not even gonna be the first striker to be subbed on.

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Unused sub again today.  

This should cool the Jebbison to Everton rumours.

We obviously want him to be successful long term, but we want him to play for Canada. That's likely in my mind, but not a given, especially if he goes to Everton and has success. Our wait for his commitment could be very long indeed, and might be so even without an EPL move. 

I'd love for him to commit to Canada, so that I could cheer for him wholeheartedly, but I don't see it anytime soon. 

• 2 weeks later...