Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

So you want Corbeanu, Jebbison and Larin to all move to MLS?  I enjoy the league but it doesn’t need to be the default destination for every Canadian player.  

Loans for Jebbison and Cobeanu so they can test and establish themselves in a fairly competitive league before they head back to England and pursue their Premiership dreams? Yes. Who said anything about MLS being a destination for them?

For Larin, he needs to sign the soccer equivalent of a super max deal at this point in his career so MLS being a destination for him would be good.

1 minute ago, Macksam said:

Loans for Jebbison and Cobeanu so they can test and establish themselves in a fairly competitive league before they head back to England and pursue their Premiership dreams? Yes. Who said anything about MLS being a destination for them?

For Larin, he needs to sign the soccer equivalent of a super max deal at this point in his career so MLS being a destination for him would be good.

No, he doesn't. He's at the peak of his career, he needs to play at the highest possible level where he will get game time. Are you a CMNT fan or his financial planner?

6 hours ago, frmr said:

No, he doesn't. He's at the peak of his career, he needs to play at the highest possible level where he will get game time. Are you a CMNT fan or his financial planner?

A fan of the CMNT but I also understand if he needs to make a decision that makes the most financial sense not unlike what MAK and Oso decided to do. 

Just now, Macksam said:

A fan of the CMNT but I also understand if he needs to make a decision that makes the most financial sense not unlike what MAK and Oso decided to do. 

They never played in Europe. They're not linked to the EPL and La Liga. Those are wildly different situations.

On 4/23/2022 at 2:30 PM, Macksam said:

The difference between MLS and League 1 and Championship is MLS don't usually take players on loan without the option and intention to sign them afterwards if they are good enough. Look at how the loan of Liverpool's Tony Gallacher to Toronto FC, that wasn't to help improve Gallacher, it was to put him in the shop window.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing most of us are happy with the Forest win today, considering Laryea is a current CMNT player (if not starter), whereas Jebbison is still languishing in uncomitted, uncapped, prospect territory.

Jebbo would likely get more looks in the Championship next year than the Premier League, so that's better for his development. Being in the second tier may keep him off the radar of some bigger clubs for now, which may help push him along in deciding to play for Canada. At least that's what I am telling myself.

I wonder if they loan him out to League One again next season.

On 4/23/2022 at 9:10 PM, SpecialK said:

He’s not gonna come and play for the U-20s When he’s already an U20 member for England. 

Most likely but that also depends if he is committed long term to Canada and realizes his best shot at international football is with Canada. If he wants to impress Herdman and try and play his way into the WC squad there is no better way than showing that committment and having a good u20 tournament. 

Is he even still being called by England u20s?

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Jebbison cannot get playing time with the blades in the championship, let alone see time in the premier league with everton. He'll surely go on loan if this happens.

• 3 weeks later...