Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

9 minutes ago, Shway said:

Only way to tell if he’s interested is to call him up in June, and not wait. Chances are CSA hasn’t even contacted him to say “we are watching you”.....we heard how late that call came for Scott.

The Gold Cup would be a great advertisement for him to get sold to a bigger club if his performances draw interest. 

Herdman mentioned in his One Soccer interview a few leagues when talking about where callups would be coming from. He mentioned U23 in England. I thought of Jebbison right away, but is that where Corbeanu also has gotten playing time?

I would be pretty shocked if a guy firmly in the England youth setup, who also plays with an English club, gave that up to join Canada. Makes very little sense from a development perspective. Think it’s far more likely he plays out his tenure for England youth the next five years before deciding on a senior career - similar to Eustaqiuo.

Edited by Floortom

4 hours ago, Floortom said:

I would be pretty shocked if a guy firmly in the England youth setup, who also plays with an English club, gave that up to join Canada. Makes very little sense from a development perspective. Think it’s far more likely he plays out his tenure for England youth the next five years before deciding on a senior career - similar to Eustaqiuo.

One friendly is "firmly in the England youth setup,"?  If this was the Canada of ten or even five years ago, I would say yes, he would definitely hold out. However, our team now is a lot different. Who knows what going on over there. Maybe he's got the Phonz chatting him up on a weekly basis, David? Perhaps he's friends with Corbianu. Who knows what factors are at play. 

14 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Here’s a tweet I sent out today in response to Jebbison’s debut with Sheffield United. Daniel liked my response, hopefully that’s a good sign for us.

7998D884-D5B2-4198-BEBF-FA4B9ADAA34D.jpeg

This is a good sign, but if we're playing twitter detective, I also noticed that he doesn't follow any fellow Canadian soccer players, nor does he follow the CSA. He does follow the England twitter account though. 

18 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

This is a good sign, but if we're playing twitter detective, I also noticed that he doesn't follow any fellow Canadian soccer players, nor does he follow the CSA. He does follow the England twitter account though. 

I really hope once the world returns to normal the CSA makes some sort of effort to run youth camps. This would help get guys introduced to each other.

11 minutes ago, Canuckistan2019 said:

I could be totally off but I think the kid would rather play for Canada and simply played for England's youth set up because we don't do any youth camps.

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

I think the call beckons. Theo got one even without first team minutes. Definitely still think we are in the driving seat. Just depends how long he will wait and use the England path.

I agree. The gold cup is the best chance to solidify a lot of these prospects. Get them in the system early.

Who knows where his heart lies. Maybe it’s more likely he chooses Canada than we think. It’s been speculated that he was likely here till he was 13? Perhaps Canada still might be “home” for him. 

Ideally we cap him this summer but playing the waiting game is fine too. 

Edited by Atlantic