Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

5 minutes ago, archer21 said:

What’s this kid’s story? Was he born in Canada? How long did he live here? Gonna be tough to take him from England as long as he thinks he has a shot with them. Hopefully he feels a strong connection to Canada.

England have Harry Kane amongst others, he was born, raised and trained in Canada until about 3-4 years ago.

6 minutes ago, archer21 said:

What’s this kid’s story? Was he born in Canada? How long did he live here? Gonna be tough to take him from England as long as he thinks he has a shot with them. Hopefully he feels a strong connection to Canada.

I think he was born here and moved to England at 13/14 from what I recall reading here.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

England have Harry Kane amongst others, he was born, raised and trained in Canada until about 3-4 years ago.

Well yeah, but Kane is 10 years older than Jebbison. I’d imagine any kid playing for the youth teams thinks they can one day play for the national team, whether that is the truth or not.

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Daniel Jebbison (who hasn't declared for Canada) vs Jaïro Riedewald (who hasn't declared for Suriname)

Next up 

Atiba Hutchison  ( Canadian captain and veteran ) vs Ryan Donk ( Suriname captain and veteran )

Riedewald still has a good shot with the Dutch though. 

Depends how Canadian Jebbison feels and how badly he wants international football. 

Given his recent immersion into the England set up I doubt he is in any rush. Unless he turns into a top 6 club striker Canada is his best shot at international football though.

An unexpected but awesome debut. Looks like he will see championship minutes next year. 

Just now, toontownman said:

Depends how Canadian Jebbison feels and how badly he wants international football. 

Given his recent immersion into the England set up I doubt he is in any rush. Unless he turns into a top 6 club striker Canada is his best shot at international football though.

An unexpected but awesome debut. Looks like he will see championship minutes next year. 

He’s the same age group as the golden Ontario 2003’s, he’s surely played against Rutty, Dias and Co. I’d imagine he comes if called.

16 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Comedy Bang Bang Ifc GIF

Maybe is all he needs. I can't see a Dutch guy who is a starter in the Prem, playing well, just give up on his dream of playing for the Oranje at the age of 24. The demographic doesn't fit. If he hasn't been cap tied by the time he's 30 plus, back in the Eredivisie on a mid table club or kicking it in Russia or Turkey for a final pay day, sure. The main thing here is he won't suiting up for Suriname against us in early June.  

19 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He’s the same age group as the golden Ontario 2003’s, he’s surely played against Rutty, Dias and Co. I’d imagine he comes if called.

I dont think this potential selling point can be underestimated. 

A chance to be the "golden generation" a defining generation for Canada and the history books with peers you may have grown up with, played against or are you own age all emerging at the same time, will be alluring and intriguing.

We have the salesman, hopefully he exceeds his market goals and reach.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

I dont think this potential selling point can be underestimated. 

A chance to be the "golden generation" a defining generation for Canada and the history books with peers you may have grown up with, played against or are you own age all emerging at the same time, will be alluring and intriguing.

We have the salesman, hopefully he exceeds his market goals and reach.

Exactly, he knows these guys and Theo, there’s no way he doesn’t. I’d imagine he’s heard of Cam and Matteo, let’s not forget our U-17’s did actually go to a WC. 

also Rollins saying this kid moved at 11 yikes...

21 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Exactly, he knows these guys and Theo, there’s no way he doesn’t. I’d imagine he’s heard of Cam and Matteo, let’s not forget our U-17’s did actually go to a WC. 

also Rollins saying this kid moved at 11 yikes...

Commentator said his mom moved to the UK 5 years ago for work so he would have been 11 or 12 likely yes

Trialled at 14, officially signed by the club at 16. Likely left Canada around the time he signed, would line up with the 5 year timeframe quoted by commentators/media.

https://ukfootballtrials.com/success-stories/302

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/who-is-daniel-jebbison-the-young-sheffield-united-striker-who-made-his-blades-debut-against-crystal-palace-3229403