Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

55 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Other than Kane, England doesn't have world beaters at centre forward. If he does go to Dortmund or Bayern, he can easily stay in the system in the hope for a cap.

People are being delusional thinking he’s going to switch at this point IMO. For the lure and prestige of a gold cup appearance?? Lol

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

People are being delusional thinking he’s going to switch at this point IMO. For the lure and prestige of a gold cup appearance?? Lol

With whom does he have the most realistic chance in playing in a World Cup say...in 2026?

England or Canada

🤔

Edited by Ansem

2 hours ago, Fullback said:

I mean it’s possible he just feels Canadian and would accept a call up. It’s not always about playing for the best team

Cyle Larin, Jonathan David and Alphonso Davies are also great incentives to join with Eustaquio who will be joining Porto. 

Corbeanu started in EPL today and already have a promising international career ahead of him. 

Cracking England's senior squad is a different animal - if Herdman offers him Aruba and / or Gold Cup, he's listening

2 hours ago, Fullback said:

I mean it’s possible he just feels Canadian and would accept a call up. It’s not always about playing for the best team

Depends on his mentality. My hope is he sees us as something he can help build into a football powerhouse.

2 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Depends on his mentality. My hope is he sees us as something he can help build into a football powerhouse.

In the same breath some are saying an 18 year old should give up on playing for England and choose the easier option Canada. I doubt he has so little self confidence in himself.

This is bittersweet. Great for him but it’ll be a long while before he commits for us. If he scores it’ll be interesting to see what happens next for him. 

Is he actually eligible for England right now? Or is it one of those situations where a player is called in before they have nationality I.e. Davies for Canada. 

Edit: looks like he’s English through his ancestry. In theory he should feel Canadian and probably talks like a Canadian ... unless he’s a wanker like OH.

Edited by CanadaFan123

We are such a fickle bunch here. We just had a guy walk onto the field to play for wolves against Tottenham. He has played and committed to Canada and scored goals for us. And it is already Yesterday’s news. No one gives a crap. What’s the next shiny thing. No one’s even commenting on Corbeanu’s page site anymore it’s now looking just at Jebbison. Enjoy what you have people.

On 5/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Boominbooty said:

No one’s even commenting on Corbeanu’s page site anymore it’s now looking just at Jebbison. Enjoy what you have people.

It's that the tweet is dismissive and not logical.

On 5/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, VinceA said:

If they want Jebbison to commit, saying Corbeanu is the youngest Canadian to debut in the Prem probably isn't the best language to use.

They should have said Canadian International.

It's mostly that this tweet isn't logical because Hoilett and Dunfield weren't part of the Canada setup at the time of their debuts so you would have to logically include all Canadians which therefore includes Jebbison.

@Boominbooty , There's nothing wrong with pointing out a fallacy. 

And @VinceA is right, we can tweet to celebrate the achievements of players without doing it in such a way that excludes potential other players.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

19 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

We are such a fickle bunch here. We just had a guy walk onto the field to play for wolves against Tottenham. He has played and committed to Canada and scored goals for us. And it is already Yesterday’s news. No one gives a crap. What’s the next shiny thing. No one’s even commenting on Corbeanu’s page site anymore it’s now looking just at Jebbison. Enjoy what you have people.

Not trying to be a tool but this seems like a pretty silly take on things.  People have been actively (and explicitly) hoping for Theo’s debut every time he is named to the bench.  People raved about him after his debut, and everyone here is really excited about him.   To say that he is old news is not an attitude I have witnessed here at all.  

22 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

This.  

Jebbison will end up in a Canada Jersey.  It will happen in time, for now just enjoy his progress.  He's played a few minutes and we're discussing rumors of Bayern, BVB😅. Lets not make him out to be the next big thing as we have a tendency to do with every young player.

Right on que, he scores😄

Edited by Footyeh