Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Now that he has graduated to first team football the ship has seemingly sailed on him coming into a camp to feel us out (I.e. Flores in January).

Players committing to us now is just so much more likely/unpredictable than it was in the past though. I did not expect Eustaquio to commit when he did. He was on Portugal’s u21 squad and actually had a chance to play for their men’s team. You’re not joining a team of nobodies anymore - you’re joining a team where you could potentially be starting alongside Davies and David as a teenager. He can play it safe and wait but that opportunity will pass him by. If his goal is to attract big clubs then jumping in and aligning himself with two players worth 100M euros isn’t a bad call. 

I don’t expect a decision this summer but if we make the ocho it wouldn’t surprise me.

At least it'll be a little tougher for Southgate to pull another Tomori with the new rules now. 

Still bitter the way he brought on Tomori for 3 minutes and never called him up again, after clearly stating to the media he wouldn't be doing that to Tomori, Abraham, etc..... 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

If Arsenal were "blown away" with Herdman's plan for Flores wait till Sheffield Utd see John's plan for Jebb. They won't know what hit them.  

Probably blown away by how stupid it was or that we actually know a thing about soccer.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

If Arsenal were "blown away" with Herdman's plan for Flores wait till Sheffield Utd see John's plan for Jebb. They won't know what hit them.  

Ah, you've uncovered the secret.  The plan was not only for Flores but on how Arsenal can re-gain premier league greatness, the Jebbison plan will include the path forward for Sheffield United to return to the Premiership.  It has already worked for Bestikas, Bayern, Rangers, Red Star and soon Lille.   Every European club will want a Canadian on their roster so that they can have access to Herdman's genius. 😎

8 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Ah, you've uncovered the secret.  The plan was not only for Flores but on how Arsenal can re-gain premier league greatness, the Jebbison plan will include the path forward for Sheffield United to return to the Premiership.  It has already worked for Bestikas, Bayern, Rangers, Red Star and soon Lille.   Every European club will want a Canadian on their roster so that they can have access to Herdman's genius. 😎

The video is/was actually just the Atiba music video. 

4 minutes ago, Addona said:

I hope he plays for us, but those are some rose colored glasses!

Well he was born here and grew up here and there's absolutely no guarantee he makes England senior squad. They are rose coloured for sure but you would have to think Canada has a good shot of getting him to commit. Look at what happened with Tomori, surely Herdman can sell him on the idea of being a key player in the best Canadian side of all time.

Bottom line is that we have no idea.  

People thought Tomori would not be able to get time with England and that he could be a vital part of the youth movement here leading to the 2026 World Cup.  Instead he traded that for 3 minutes of time (so far) in an England kit.  

Eustaquio could have held out for a shot at Portugal’s midfield but instead chose us.  

We can’t know what drives their individual decisions, how patriotic they may feel, what kind my pressures they may feel, who is whispering in their ear, how they prioritize short term ba long term international prospects, etc.  

6 hours ago, frmr said:

He follows England FA but not Canada Soccer on Twitter... not getting my hopes up about this one.

Me either. However, if he were smart he would realize he has a better chance to play for Canada and break into the CanMNT rather than playing for the Three Lions of England. England is not only more top heavy in terms of star quality but in other words if he chose England, he would get overlooked fairly easily. But if he chose Canada, he would have a better chance at being called up and actually being an integral part of the national team set up going forward.

It’s probably going to be tough to get Jebbison at least until he’s done with his youth career in England. He can likely play for the Olympic team in 2024 and I’m sure he’ll try to push into the senior England team until then. If his prospects don’t look good to break through by the end of Olympics (August 2024), then I could see him switching to Canada afterwards.

That being said, as others have mentioned, it also depends on how Canadian he feels vs how English he feels. If he just feels that much more pride in being Canadian, maybe he just switches now. From a pure footballing perspective though, it makes sense to play this out for a while in England.

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

It’s probably going to be tough to get Jebbison at least until he’s done with his youth career in England. He can likely play for the Olympic team in 2024 and I’m sure he’ll try to push into the senior England team until then. If his prospects don’t look good to break through by the end of Olympics (August 2024), then I could see him switching to Canada afterwards.

That being said, as others have mentioned, it also depends on how Canadian he feels vs how English he feels. If he just feels that much more pride in being Canadian, maybe he just switches now. From a pure footballing perspective though, it makes sense to play this out for a while in England.

I don't think the Olympics are a factor as Great Britain generally doesn't form a team for the OLY. They only did the one off for 2012 because it was in London.

31 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I don't think the Olympics are a factor as Great Britain generally doesn't form a team for the OLY. They only did the one off for 2012 because it was in London.

Didn’t realize that. Apparently the Scottish, Northern Irish, and Welsh FA’s are against having a Team GB. They’re allowing a women’s Team GB but no men’s in 2020. It’s still a possibility for 2024, but I guess it’s probably more likely that there isn’t a team.

12 hours ago, An Observer said:

We need to look at this from the English side..... they have a 17 year old playing in England who accomplished something that Kane, Sterling, Greenwood, Rashford, etc....  and even fcuking Rooney hasn't accomplished.  They don't care how deep they are at forward.  They will try to cap him and claim him for themselves.  There is zero chance they go into this nonchalantly, they will not let anyone get away.

All we can do is hope he takes his time to think about this and weighs the pros and cons of both options.  If he wants to chase glory his choice is kinda obvious.  Mind you, a 17y old that scores in the PL isn't normally the kinda guy that settles for second best.  He's gotta be a very confident guy, and obviously up for the challenge, so this reduces our chances.  I'd be surprised to see him accept a Canadian invite in the next 2 years.  I really hope i'm wrong.

He's still got a few years and needs 3 caps before 21 to be locked up if I remember correctly.

We need to keep posting the Tomori example on his various feeds.  But then again, I can see Tomori making the team again fairly soon.

Curious to see how many pages we get to with this guy, I feel this is gonna be a long ride guys.  

20 minutes ago, costarg said:

We need to look at this from the English side..... they have a 17 year old playing in England who accomplished something that Kane, Sterling, Greenwood, Rashford, etc....  and even fcuking Rooney hasn't accomplished.  They don't care how deep they are at forward.  They will try to cap him and claim him for themselves.  There is zero chance they go into this nonchalantly, they will not let anyone get away.

All we can do is hope he takes his time to think about this and weighs the pros and cons of both options.  If he wants to chase glory his choice is kinda obvious.  Mind you, a 17y old that scores in the PL isn't normally the kinda guy that settles for second best.  He's gotta be a very confident guy, and obviously up for the challenge, so this reduces our chances.  I'd be surprised to see him accept a Canadian invite in the next 2 years.  I really hope i'm wrong.

He's still got a few years and needs 3 caps before 21 to be locked up if I remember correctly.

We need to keep posting the Tomori example on his various feeds.  But then again, I can see Tomori making the team again fairly soon.

Curious to see how many pages we get to with this guy, I feel this is gonna be a long ride guys.  

I think the hype is getting a little out of hand.  Yes, good on the kid for scoring and yes, I'm sure the press around him has the England FA raising their eyebrows.  However, to say he did something that no one else has ever done is a little disingenuous.  He scored on his first start and he was the youngest to do so.  That is great for him.  Remember though that it was in a nothing game at the end of the season.  To compare him to Rooney, who scored his first PL goal at 16 years old, isn't really correct.

What I think will play more of a part is what happens next year.  Sheffield have gone down.  If he remains with them, he'll have to tear up the championship to keep eyes on him.  If he gets sold to a higher profile club, he could get lost in the shuffle.  The next 12 months are crucial in figuring out what exactly his trajectory is.

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I think the hype is getting a little out of hand.  Yes, good on the kid for scoring and yes, I'm sure the press around him has the England FA raising their eyebrows.  However, to say he did something that no one else has ever done is a little disingenuous.  He scored on his first start and he was the youngest to do so.  That is great for him.  Remember though that it was in a nothing game at the end of the season.  To compare him to Rooney, who scored his first PL goal at 16 years old, isn't really correct.

What I think will play more of a part is what happens next year.  Sheffield have gone down.  If he remains with them, he'll have to tear up the championship to keep eyes on him.  If he gets sold to a higher profile club, he could get lost in the shuffle.  The next 12 months are crucial in figuring out what exactly his trajectory is.

I'm with the man on this. To suggest his trajectory is equal to those great english players is premature at best. Yeah he scored a goal, but how developed is the rest of his game?

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this kid and I bet England are too after this, but they won't be calling him to their senior team, like Canada will be.

Losing Musiala and to a lesser extent Musah will have them seriously keeping tabs, because they won't want to lose another player, but Jebbison could move down to the Championship next season and struggle, or go out on loan to League two. Neither of those scenarios would be a surprise.

Should that happen I think Canada is calling him regardless and if you're England are you really trying hard to keep him around at that point? I don't see them pulling out all the stops to convince a teenager playing on loan in league two to stay in the English program, just because he set a record once. 

Not saying it will play out that way, just highlighting that we don't know.

Obviously I hope he shows up for Canada and then goes on to have a strong Championship season or gets bought by someone like Dortmund who will give him first team minutes.

File this under "wait and see".

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'm with the man on this. To suggest his trajectory is equal to those great english players is premature at best. Yeah he scored a goal, but how developed is the rest of his game?

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this kid and I bet England are too after this, but they won't be calling him to their senior team, like Canada will be.

Losing Musiala and to a lesser extent Musah will have them seriously keeping tabs, because they won't want to lose another player, but Jebbison could move down to the Championship next season and struggle, or go out on loan to League two. Neither of those scenarios would be a surprise.

Should that happen I think Canada is calling him regardless and if you're England are you really trying hard to keep him around at that point? I don't see them pulling out all the stops to convince a teenager playing on loan in league two to stay in the English program, just because he set a record once. 

Not saying it will play out that way, just highlighting that we don't know.

Obviously I hope he shows up for Canada and then goes on to have a strong Championship season or gets bought by someone like Dortmund who will give him first team minutes.

File this under "wait and see".

I'm not comparing him to the others, i'm saying he broke their records.  Doesn't translate into him being a better player than them, but it does make the radar beep. 

The English national team already knows him, they're tracking him and will continue to track him.  They won't let him get away that easy, we've seen just how hungry and aggressive they are when it comes to capping.