Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

This week has sorta felt like a mini golden age within the greater golden generation lol. Larin winning Turkey with EPL interest, Corbeanu finally making his debut, Jebbison scoring in his first start, Eustaquio to Porto sounding more and more likely, the reminder that one of Jebbison/Dias/Flores could take up us a notch in the future... we have a lot of talent coming in. 

^ Well, leaving that aside, we inadvertently got a great advertisement from a certain CB, who will now be having his international career from the couch after being sold a bill of goods. 

We can sell a team on the rise and guaranteed birth to a WC just when this guy is hitting his prime years.

Honestly, Canada is the smart move here. Think we can win this one, especially if he transfers out of England this summer.

With how crazy he is about Flores and Corbeanu, I would be hard pressed to believe that Herdman, who is horny for anything English, isn't working hard on this fellow.  He'll be selling the Canadian program to him, no doubt. 

If he's there in June, great.  If not, something must be up.  But I doubt it would be from a lack of trying on Herdman's part.

9 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

With how crazy he is about Flores and Corbeanu, I would be hard pressed to believe that Herdman, who is horny for anything English, isn't working hard on this fellow.  He'll be selling the Canadian program to him, no doubt. 

If he's there in June, great.  If not, something must be up.  But I doubt it would be from a lack of trying on Herdman's part.

This is a good point. So far the only guys Herdman couldn't win over was Tomori, who has been raised in England since a baby and we can't really fault him for choosing them (whether that's a right decision for him is another question) and Yankov who was called and open to it but then was called by Bulgaria once they found out what was happening and he opted to go for who was going to give him games first. 

Otherwise Herdman's been pretty good at getting people to play for us. And it certainly seems he puts a lot of work into it.

Edited by VinceA

OK, so we have covered what he has liked on Twitter, Instagram comments from CMNT players, lack of comments from the CSA on twitter and late to follow him, the amount of English accent vs Canadian accent in his speech, still working on the exact details of how long he has lived in England but I am sure we will get his exact birth date and moving date figured out soon, plus the projected strength of Canada (but not being too good) and the projected strength of England (maybe a bit too good, or at least more competition for him).

Has someone put all these factors into a formula to come up with an exact percentage of what our chances are to get him playing for Canada?

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

OK, so we have covered what he has liked on Twitter, Instagram comments from CMNT players, lack of comments from the CSA on twitter and late to follow him, the amount of English accent vs Canadian accent in his speech, still working on the exact details of how long he has lived in England but I am sure we will get his exact birth date and moving date figured out soon, plus the projected strength of Canada (but not being too good) and the projected strength of England (maybe a bit too good, or at least more competition for him).

Has someone put all these factors into a formula to come up with an exact percentage of what our chances are to get him playing for Canada?

64.7%😎

Agreed directly above. He has time. He's not going to start for the full Nats anytime soon. So he has no driving force to commit now. He can play with England against better opposition and more profile and less travel - who knows where his career will take him? He'll always have us a fallback.

Now that he has graduated to first team football the ship has seemingly sailed on him coming into a camp to feel us out (I.e. Flores in January).

Players committing to us now is just so much more likely/unpredictable than it was in the past though. I did not expect Eustaquio to commit when he did. He was on Portugal’s u21 squad and actually had a chance to play for their men’s team. You’re not joining a team of nobodies anymore - you’re joining a team where you could potentially be starting alongside Davies and David as a teenager. He can play it safe and wait but that opportunity will pass him by. If his goal is to attract big clubs then jumping in and aligning himself with two players worth 100M euros isn’t a bad call. 

I don’t expect a decision this summer but if we make the ocho it wouldn’t surprise me.

44 minutes ago, Kent said:

LOL.

The advanced stats guys call this xC.

Wheeler's comments don't give me optimism he'll be called into WCQ or the Gold Cup, but the 3rd round of qualifying, should we get there, would have to be tempting for him. Like @CanadaFan123 said, we are not a team of nobodies anymore. 

Alphonso Davies, Jonathan David, Cyle Larin, Atiba Hutchinson, Stephen Eustaquio, Theo Corbeanu, Milan Borjan, Scott Arfield, Junior Hoilett...these are good players we are talking about now in Europe now, some of which have won the champions league, are winning domestic leagues, are earning +30M euro transfer fees, etc.

Then, we are talking World Cup Qualifying matches against the likes of Mexico, USA, a resurgent Jamaica with the likes of Leon Baily supported by a cast of Championship/EPL players, a Costa Rica side featuring Kaylor Navas, etc. 

I understand the pressure to remain in the England set up is going to be great, and I get he has no rush to choose, but boy oh boy, staying in that system and missing out on the journey Canada is on would be hard to do. 

To be honest, the Twitter thing has blown out of proportion. I've seen enough international football that being "Canadian" in federation terms is relative, from the Corbeanus and Arfields and everything in between. They've been consistent enough that they're not going to associate anyone as "Canadian" until that person commits to the program. I mean, where was the outcry or lack of coverage when Eustaquio, Ferriera, Akinola, or even Tomori starting and succeeded in their first team matches before their commitals. They're all part of the same scenario as Jebbison.

Also it's a Twitter account. We should be concentrating on the discussions between his party and the CSA.

Edited by PopePouri

27 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Wheeler's comments don't give me optimism he'll be called into WCQ or the Gold Cup,

I think you put him on the 60-man preliminary squad for the Gold Cup.

I just don't think he joins unless we get past Suriname & Haiti/Nicaragua/Belize.

That match against Suriname will determine not only our ability to qualify for 2022 but our prospects for 2026.

Same thing for Kadioglu - he'll be lost to us if we don't make the Oct.