Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

9 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

This.  

Jebbison will end up in a Canada Jersey.  It will happen in time, for now just enjoy his progress.  He's played a few minutes and we're discussing rumors of Bayern, BVB😅. Lets not make him out to be the next big thing as we have a tendency to do with every young player.

You seem fun

On 2/9/2021 at 9:47 AM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Daniel Jebbison is now with Chorley FC in England's Tier 6, he has signed a work experience deal

How do I get meself a work experience deal in the 6th tier?

:D

On 2/9/2021 at 11:19 AM, Shway said:

It's crazy how you can go from Premiership/Championship academies to signing with a club 6 levels below. It's the nature of the game...

Football can indeed be crazy like that.

Clearly whatever that thing was in the 6th tier, it 1) Didn't hurt. 2) Is likely over for now!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

On 3/23/2021 at 6:08 PM, TFC2017 said:

He's mentioned a few times that he wants to play for Canada. Not sure if this England call up changes things but last I knew he was still on board with representing Canada.

Just wanted to requote this, he also always reply to twitter. 

I'm sure he has a Canadian passport being born here.

Maybe gets the call to the Gold Cup? Would be redic if we didn't even reach out. 

Edited by apbsmith

1 hour ago, Boominbooty said:

We are such a fickle bunch here. We just had a guy walk onto the field to play for wolves against Tottenham. He has played and committed to Canada and scored goals for us. And it is already Yesterday’s news. No one gives a crap. What’s the next shiny thing. No one’s even commenting on Corbeanu’s page site anymore it’s now looking just at Jebbison. Enjoy what you have people.

nah, just trying to get as much talent to commit as possible. These are all exciting young players, who could potentially form the backbone of the program for the next 10+ years.

42 minutes ago, Obinna said:

If we can cap this guy it would be incredible. Yunus Musah left the English program for the United States. Why not us? Jebbison has more of a connection to Canada than Musah to America, surely.

left Canada when he was 14/15 I believe... can't get more Canadian than that honestly. I don't doubt Herdman has been working behind the scenes already, he has yet to give us any reason otherwise when it comes to pursuing young players.

Edited by LeoH037

1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

left Canada when he was 15 I believe... can't get more Canadian than that honestly. I don't doubt Herdman has been working behind the scenes already, he has yet to give us any reason otherwise when it comes to pursuing young players.

My quick internet reference has him at 17 and left in 2017, so 13 when he left? 

Agree, he is very much Canadian and I'm sure the boss has already reached out to him. 

1 minute ago, SoccMan said:

This guy is Canadian born and raised here, played all of his youth soccer here in Canada he is a product of our youth soccer system here in Canada , does not get anymore Canadian than that period end of story ! 

doesn't get more Canadian than Oakville, Ontario tbh 😅

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

My quick internet reference has him at 17 and left in 2017, so 13 when he left? 

Agree, he is very much Canadian and I'm sure the boss has already reached out to him. 

born 2003. Left 2017. 2017 - 2003 = 14 (not sure if he had already turned 15 by then though, but born in July so approx 50/50 in that aspect)

2 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

born 2003. Left 2017. 2017 - 2003 = 14 (not sure if he had already turned 15 by then though, but born in July so approx 50/50 in that aspect)

Thanks, looking at birthday that's a better way to do math :). I just did 2021-2017 = 4. 17-4 = 13

6 minutes ago, jordan said:

Fwiw the commentator last week said his mom moved to the UK for work 5 years ago

Born in July and 17 today.... 

So 12-13, if the commentator was right. Regardless a significant chunk of his youth was here in Canada. 

Sounds like he has English family as it is, but what is the youth rule again? 5 years under the age of 17? 

Edited by apbsmith

Just now, toontownman said:

Would he not need that to appear for England U18?

No. It was a friendly.

You only need a passport for official youth matches (U17, U19, U20, U21, U23 etc)

OR

Senior level official A friendlies.

See the case of Alphonso playing youth friendlies for us.

They could have had him in the system in anticipation of the fact that he will likely soon get his passport.

He does have British and Jamaican ancestry : they refer to his mom as an  England native.

Something I read/heard when he made his debut.

Will try to find it.

Edit:

Probably from here:

"Born in Oakville, Canada, Jebbison moved to England five years ago with his family after his mother moved back to her native England for work."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/who-is-daniel-jebbison-the-young-sheffield-united-striker-who-made-his-blades-debut-against-crystal-palace-3229403

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford