Ralph Priso

Shway

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

Why do I feel like the squad will only be "rotated" depending on if we win the Nations League Cup or not. 
I actually prefer to win the Gold Cup, but this year depending on how the draft picks, and overseas guys seasons continue....I don't see much guys getting "rest" outside of the senior guys.

Agreed.

To be honest I prefer the squad to be rotated as little as possible, because I want both of those trophies. I get the sense Herdman does too, but perhaps my desire for us to win both is colouring my read on the situation. I do see Herdman going for it though, and only rotating if his hand is forced - just as it was for 2021.

The 2021 squad was missing Hutchinson, David, Borjan, and Davies - but that was only because those players never wanted to come for various reasons, and Davies was even there but got injured. That tournament was critical in building the character of the team, and keeping that core together played no small part in us punching above our weight in the Ocho, I believe. 

But yeah, we win Nations League (or at least get to the final) and we perhaps see a little bit more rotation than we would otherwise, but I doubt the entire team will be experimental for the Gold Cup. I expect just a handful of fringe players (likely MLS players) to sneak in there, and if Priso is one of them - then great!

Edited by Obinna

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The crazy part is that in a 4-0 loss, their defensive mid had a pretty decent rating on FotMob (2nd highest on the team).  While I would like to see him get some success  with a strong team this year, the main thing is to get significant minutes and play confidently at this level.  

Yeah I didn't watch the game but all 3 mids having the 3 highest ratings is telling and looking at his stats he seemed to have done well considering the circumstances.

I just watched the first half and I thought he was steady, confident on the ball when he had to be but the Sounders bypassed the Rapid mf well, I guess it was more of the same in the 2nd half! They mentioned in the broadcast Fraser has purposely built a young team for home matches at elevation, hopefully Priso can continue to get minutes and develop because he showed a ton of potential before his injury at TFC, there were never going to be minutes there behind the coach's son!

I only watched the second half, but I would rate him pretty much like @gator did in the first half.  Good on the ball, but seemed to lack energy, or intensity.  Maybe he was gassed? Seemed to be watching the ball flying over his head from both directions alot, so like others have said, often bypassed by both sides.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, narduch said:

MLS Young Player of the Week

That’s cool.  When he first debuted for TFC he impressed me.  He lost that momentum with the knee injury and hasn’t quite gotten back to that level yet (though maybe he is there now with Colorado) but he is still just 20.   Tons of time to mature into the sort of player I  think he could become.  

I honestly thought he would crack the world cup squadand sneak in prior to his injury. He looked fantastic. Always positive with the ball, looking for a forwards pass or driving the ball forward himself. Was also growing really well defensively. Just a horribly injury and disruption to his trajectory. 

Hope he makes it back to that previous form and continues to push on.

15 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

He needs to string together starts and show that he's the man. 

That's basically the key for him. Since the injury, he hasn't really had that. A pre-injury Priso in that midfield (if he had continued on that trajectory) would be a nice option to have now.

• 3 weeks later...