Ralph Priso

Shway

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Shway said:

I feel love they're just picking someone because their team is shit.

that's the rapids blog who have watched him all year, they (plus other rapids writers and extratime) have all pretty much lambasted priso's season so far. the team is bad for sure but some players (even just on the rapids, moise bombito) still manage to stand out on terrible teams and that's not what's happening here at all

the positive thing is that his contract's up at the end of the year so it should mean a fresh start come january, he's young enough to still carve something out

31 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

What has Priso done to warrant a higher move?

Priso has a very similar record to Nelson. He has 49 MLS appearances with 2 goals vs nelson's 45 MLS appearances with 1 goal. Both have had a few shining moments while a lot of their MLS careers have faced criticism that they are not good enough. At many times over the past 2 years both fans on this board and TFC fans would have made the claim that Priso has a higher ceiling.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

What has Priso done to warrant a higher move?

I was at Valerenga v Sarpsborg earlier this year, both mid-table teams, the Caps and Impact would waltz through them. The football was MLS 1.0 level. Maybe the top 2-3 teams would be decent in MLS. Certainly not a higher move. 

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Priso has a very similar record to Nelson. He has 49 MLS appearances with 2 goals vs nelson's 45 MLS appearances with 1 goal. Both have had a few shining moments while a lot of their MLS careers have faced criticism that they are not good enough. At many times over the past 2 years both fans on this board and TFC fans would have made the claim that Priso has a higher ceiling.

Nelson improved over his time with TFC, regardless of the noise of the usual critics, prior to his move.  Priso over that same, most recent time frame?  

24 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

I was at Valerenga v Sarpsborg earlier this year, both mid-table teams, the Caps and Impact would waltz through them. The football was MLS 1.0 level. Maybe the top 2-3 teams would be decent in MLS. Certainly not a higher move. 

Priso, when he plays, looks to be at the same level as the rest of the members of the second worst team in MLS.  So he could be a teammate of Metcalfe's on a top 2 or 3 side in that level and start the journey up from there.

I have confidence that Priso can gain some momentum but he has not been the same player he was prior to his injury that really killed the momentum he was gathering as a young player.   I think he may be able to get a similar sort of move as Nelson based on his past play and future potential, but he could just as easily have to accept a step down to secure a move.  Either way, he needs consistent playing time.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

On 8/31/2023 at 12:45 PM, dyslexic nam said:

I think he may be able to get a similar sort of move as Nelson based on his past play and future potential, but he could just as easily have to accept a step down to secure a move.  Either way, he needs consistent playing time. 

The later option seems more likely to happen.  And with that, he hopefully gets the playing time he needs.

Edited by BearcatSA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Played the full 90 today in a 1-1 draw with Liam Fraser on the opposite team. Overall he has got decent minutes this year considering his rough path back from injury. Can't believe he is still only just 21.

Hopefully he can still rediscover gus form pre-injury. Honestly thought he was going to be a lock for the CMNT. Still has time on his side.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...