Alistair Johnston

lazlo_80

25 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

Johnston interviews are so enjoyable to listen to. He has gone from 'who?' to one of my top 5 favorite players on the national team in under 12 months.

Well-spoken, thoughtful, and professional young man. Damned impressed. Who cares if he drinks the blood of infant humans before every match? A lad's got to do what a lad's got to do.

12 hours ago, maplebanana said:

I forgot if this was mentioned previously, but in this interview he also mentions he has a younger (21) brother Malcolm, who was 'more advanced at each age' than he was. He's currently the captain of the Maryland Terrapins team and plays DM. 

There is another...

the force rock GIF

17 hours ago, maplebanana said:

I forgot if this was mentioned previously, but in this interview he also mentions he has a younger (21) brother Malcolm, who was 'more advanced at each age' than he was. He's currently the captain of the Maryland Terrapins team and plays DM. 

Can we move him back a little and get him to play CB? The Johnston brothers holding down the back! 

15 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'm not sure where you're going with this and if there is something wrong with your graphic but I have the best piece of Hinterland Who's Who trivia there is. 

Google “Spiders on drugs” and Hinterland. Great Parody. 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:55 AM, maplebanana said:

Johnston interviews are so enjoyable to listen to. He has gone from 'who?' to one of my top 5 favorite players on the national team in under 12 months.

The guy speaks like he is 40 years old. You can imagine he will make an excellent manager when he is done playing.

10 hours ago, An Observer said:

The guy speaks like he is 40 years old. You can imagine he will make an excellent manager when he is done playing.

He said in Northern Futbol interview that managing isn't for him.

He has econ degree. So, he's looking at management type positions in the sport.

Or he's also open to be involved in the sport via the media - sees himself doing CPL matches as a starting point.

He had a huge stop inside the first 2 minutes of the game. They never showed a replay, but live it looked like 2 guys wide open in front of the net, but he was able to catch up to his man and slide in to block the cross. To be fair, his man got that foot or two of space on him in the first place, but Johnston quickly fixed the problem!

I thought he looked a bit rusty on a couple plays, but that is understandable.  Played a solid game overall though, which is basically what he does game in, game out.  He didn’t see as much action the second half as Honduras were trying to go through Elis(who was easily their most dangerous player IMO) constantly on the opposite side. 

Edited by EJsens1

9 hours ago, Kent said:

He had a huge stop inside the first 2 minutes of the game. They never showed a replay, but live it looked like 2 guys wide open in front of the net, but he was able to catch up to his man and slide in to block the cross. To be fair, his man got that foot or two of space on him in the first place, but Johnston quickly fixed the problem!

When it happened I thought it was going to end up being a tap in for them, absolutely huge tackle from Johnston there. It’s nice to finally be confident in our defenders.