Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

23 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Akindele is probably option #1 but Orlando is already without Dike so that would be a huge strain on them.

Theo Bair is an option as a warm body.

also wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t call anyone.

I would rather the CSA save the 10k or whatever it would cost to bring Bair down than bring Bair down...

13 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The easiest solutions would be:

-Bring in Akindele for Akinola

Orlando has a heavy schedule with matches on  this Thursday, Sunday and next Friday. I don't think they would be too keen on losing their starting CF so that he can ride the bench for Canada.

Its going to be either a young player that's not vital to their team coming in for the experience, or no one.

Edited by SirBobsaget

Ricketts doesn’t get the respect he deserves IMO.   Sure there are lots of minnow goals- but every Canadian striker in history has padded their stats with those.  

The fact is that he has shown up when called and played hard every time - and gotten enough goals to still be 5th on our all time scoring chart (ahead of Bunbury).   I don’t think he deserves the shade he gets around here sometimes.  

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Ricketts doesn’t get the respect he deserves IMO.   Sure there are lots of minnow goals- but every Canadian striker in history has padded their stats with those.  

The fact is that he has shown up when called and played hard every time - and gotten enough goals to still be 5th on our all time scoring chart (ahead of Bunbury).   I don’t think he deserves the shade he gets around here sometimes.  

Not questioning his dedication to the CMNT. Tos and many others like Rusty have been there when called. Great team players and leaders but if you are calling a replacement for Larin and Ayo, Tos isn't going to do the job. Many of our current strikers have indeed padded their stats vs minnows but they also score in big matches...Cav, Larin, David have all done it for us. 

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

At this point, when others are suggesting we could have called Elva or Shaff to play striker this gold cup..Ricketts looks pretty good to me.   Akendele would be my first call though.  

Elva will be playing  B2 this season the same level as Kennedy. Ricketts got a few minutes last game in MLS. It may have been his first this season. If we are indeed taking this GC seriously we need a better replacement than Tos

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Elva will be playing  B2 this season the same level as Kennedy. Ricketts got a few minutes last game in MLS. It may have been his first this season. If we are indeed taking this GC seriously we need a better replacement than Tos

If it’s true that we can’t get any Euro based players because of COVID restrictions and also that Orlando is unlikely to let Tesho go, that leaves us a choice of Bair and Ricketts in terms of potential #9’s from the 60 man roster. 

I know who I prefer out of that choice. 

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

If it’s true that we can’t get any Euro based players because of COVID restrictions and also that Orlando is unlikely to let Tesho go, that leaves us a choice of Bair and Ricketts in terms of potential #9’s from the 60 man roster. 

I know who I prefer out of that choice. 

Good point re Euro players. I would still push for Tesho. If that fails,  would rather play Jnr as a false 9 or Tajon in support of Cav. ZBG can replace Tajon at wingback ...Laryea can move to the left flank.

43 minutes ago, narduch said:

Tonight's matches. Time in ET. Canada will play the winner of CR v Jamaica on Sunday. Costa Rica are also ahead on goal difference can win the group with a tie (thank OM :) )

image.png.d45d109c6d22f613cf088d013de7b73f.png

Just to add to this they are showing the lesser games on YouTube 

Have to wonder if either side has a preference for who'd they like to match up against in the quarter final  I'd imagine both must believe their best chance to advance is through Canada, especially with Larin out now, but I don't know.  

Either way it's going to be a fun watch.  I hope. Bench clearing donnybrook after 90.  That's what I'm hoping for.