Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

4 hours ago, grigorio said:

I would rather the CSA save the 10k or whatever it would cost to bring Bair down than bring Bair down...

agreed... there has to be a standard to be on the CMNT, its a privilege not a right... and if Bair is making it then that doesn't speak well of what it is...

Some US tv ratings for Gold Cup.

On Fox, Canada v USA got 1.4 million. Up 15% compared to last time main Fox showed a Gold Cup match in 2017. Maybe another million on Univision based on averages.

Later that night, Mexico vs ES got 4.1 million. Most watched group stage Gold Cup match since 2011. Only 323k on FSI but Univision got 3.8 million. 

Univision has been averaging 2.9 million for Mexico and 1.2 million for all Gold Cup matches.

Edited by red card

37 minutes ago, red card said:

On Fox, Canada v USA got 1.4 million. Up 15% compared to last time main Fox showed a Gold Cup match in 2017. Maybe another million on Univision based on averages.

i'd be curious to find out how many people in canada watched on fox compared to onesoccer subscriptions.

I thought with all the injuries we would look pretty weak, but I actually still feel good about the qf. Our team is so deep and the guys can play multiple positions. This would be my ideal lineup and it still leaves us with a bench of Henry, Sturing, Kaye, Fraser, Paton, Pasher, and Corbeanu. Obviously not as deep, but can still make some pretty positive substitutions and switch up tactics.

I domt know if it was mentioned much, but last game I really like how Buchanan and Laryea switched sides a couple times. Such a good way to mix up the defense and get a run at a different guy. It would actually be good to have one as a FB and one as a winger; and let them interchange.

LINEUP111626823498713.png

Edited by Stryker911

49 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I thought with all the injuries we would look pretty weak, but I actually still feel good about the qf. Our team is so deep and the guys can play multiple positions. This would be my ideal lineup and it still leaves us with a bench of Henry, Sturing, Kaye, Fraser, Paton, Pasher, and Corbeanu. Obviously not as deep, but can still make some pretty positive substitutions and switch up tactics.

I domt know if it was mentioned much, but last game I really like how Buchanan and Laryea switched sides a couple times. Such a good way to mix up the defense and get a run at a different guy. It would actually be good to have one as a FB and one as a winger; and let them interchange.

LINEUP111626823498713.png

Given the way our defence can seem pressured and Herdman’s preference for the 3-5-2, I would like to see both Piette and Eustaquio on the field at the same time if we go that route to make sure we don’t get exposed defensively again   

I am thinking something like this.  

C63CACC8-6F29-4B55-B721-A6990E5DA4C9.jpeg

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Given the way our defence can seem pressured and Herdman’s preference for the 3-5-2, I would like to see both Piette and Eustaquio on the field at the same time if we go that route to make sure we don’t get exposed defensively again   

I like this a lot, especially if Oso, Cava and Hoilett are fluid in that front triangle. It is still a strong side, with some good guys coming off the bench.

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Basically all the same players. I would think Johnston is a Hardman favorite for the rcb role. With all the injuries the lineup is pretty straightforward. Herdman may want to go with one or both of Fraser and Kaye instead of Osorio and Piette.