Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

Would be a shame if Spain isn't working out, thought he was on a decent track but if he gets first team minutes that would be a great step up.

The problem is that he was born in late December, so does not qualify to continue with the u-19s as per Spanish rules. So either they'd have to promote him into their B team, or release him.

Their B team: they've restructured the Spanish lower tiers, and now their B is in 4th tier, not third, so they could have kept him at what would be a lower level; but I suppose they have overbooking of players between grads of the u-19s and the u-23s that tend to be on these teams.

It'd be interesting see if they are looking for a loan for him or if he's a free agent.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jordan said:

AaB are moving on from Pepple. THe article notes he did well, but would not strengthen the first team currently.

https://nordjyske.dk/nyheder/sport/aab-har-truffet-beslutning-om-angriber-der-har-budt-sig-fint-til/69e922e6-278f-4d32-bc53-7db7064355a0 

Too bad. I think his best bet is still probably to find a B team of a La Liga team, but the problem with that is clear: salary would be lower than signing a pro contract.

Bit of a catch-22, as he probably does still need a good year of solid youth development, but sees if he signs for a fully pro first level club, like in Denmark, he'd be making upwards of 80-100 thousand euros. Tough call.

The long-term right decision is to use your upside to stay in a good system and develop, try to get some goals and be noticed. He was doing well as a u-19 in Spain, but only had a few months of play: stick with it, I'd say.

19 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

He should come back to the CPL and just light it up. 

Tough to say. If he can sign elsewhere... than sign elsewhere.

Coming back and let's say he doesn't light it up, would be detriment to his overall transfer appeal regardless of the fact that he's 18.

CPL isn't really a young mans league, as much as we would like to think it is.

3 hours ago, jordan said:

AaB are moving on from Pepple. THe article notes he did well, but would not strengthen the first team currently.

https://nordjyske.dk/nyheder/sport/aab-har-truffet-beslutning-om-angriber-der-har-budt-sig-fint-til/69e922e6-278f-4d32-bc53-7db7064355a0 

The translation makes it seem as though they were just preferring to develop the Danish youth from within their ranks as opposed to spending resources to bring in/continue to develop a foreigner.

I find it a bit odd that they would bring an 18 year old on trial if they don't have a lot of patience/willingness to develop him. Sounds like they are looking for a more finished product. Aalborg hasn't had the best results over the last few years, ending up in the relegation round a few times (including last season) and not having a finish above 5th in nearly a decade (in a 12/14 team league). I have to wonder if their director is on the hot seat and looking for instant results.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get betting on yourself but if you're playing ball against men and when you leave the best you can get is youth contracts and academy trials maybe leaving wasn't the best idea. 

I'm assuming he's back in Canada at this point if we haven't heard anything.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I get betting on yourself but if you're playing ball against men and when you leave the best you can get is youth contracts and academy trials maybe leaving wasn't the best idea. 

I'm assuming he's back in Canada at this point if we haven't heard anything.

Pretty sure he's in England

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Man of the match tonight in Cavalry’s 4-2 win over Valour.  Got a goal and was apparently (I missed it) heavily involved in the first one.  

Along with the game winner in Cavalry’s last game, he seems to be putting together a pretty good season.  Have to wonder if he is one of the next guys to move on.   

While this may be true...it always seems to me there is a rush to move these players to the next level.

Pepple already tried going to Europe and it didn't end well. Let him settle in at the CPL level. Let him dominate at the CPL level, really develop as a professional, then he he can seek greener pastures with a foundation that will give him the best chance at success. 

1 minute ago, masster said:

While this may be true...it always seems to me there is a rush to move these players to the next level.

Pepple already tried going to Europe and it didn't end well. Let him settle in at the CPL level. Let him dominate at the CPL level, really develop as a professional, then he he can seek greener pastures with a foundation that will give him the best chance at success. 

I am not lobbying for - just sort of musing about it.  Having said that, it is easy for us to say that he should play in CPL for a couple of years (on ridiculously low wages) but he may prefer to start earning more sooner rather than later.  

• 2 weeks later...