Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

So to give you a run down on his last few weeks. He came off the bench of Calgary Foothills men’s team and scored. He went on to score 5 goals in the final 5 USL2 games of the season. He was then called in to camp for the Canada U17 squad. He was then signed by Cavalry FC, and today a day after the announcement he was the youngest player in CPL history to play in the league. What a timeline for the young man. 

As far as his play today, he did not look out of place. Was pretty damn impressed. He is built like Davies. Tall and Muscular already at 16. Going to battle with a CB like Schaale is no easy task and he did well.

Lets keep our eyes on this kid! He definitely looks like he could be a star.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Has anyone watched this guy play. I’m surprised there is so much interest in him tbh. I wonder how legit this interest is or if it’s more along the lines of the Caniggia Elva stuff 

Saw him live at a Cavalry game last year. He came off the bench in the second half. Good player. What struck me was his physicality, considering his age. 

And I am not sure what you mean by the Elva stuff. Seems to be doing well for himself. Last year, at the age of 24, he was a regular for a team pushing for promotion to the 2.Bundesliga. Perhaps a little behind for a player who once upon a time caught the eye of Arsenal, Benfica and others, but not everyone being scouted by such clubs are going to sign at those clubs and go on to become stars. If Elva (and Pepple for that matter) have to work their way up the food chain in order to have solid careers, it is all good.

Edited by Obinna

39 minutes ago, Obinna said:

And I am not sure what you mean by the Elva stuff. Seems to be doing well for himself. Last year, at the age of 24, he was a regular for a team pushing for promotion to the 2.Bundesliga. Perhaps a little behind for a player who once upon a time caught the eye of Arsenal, Benfica and others, but not everyone being scouted by such clubs are going to sign at those clubs and go on to become stars. If Elva (and Pepple for that matter) have to work their way up the food chain in order to have solid careers, it is all good.

Well that’s actually what I mean - sure being a solid player in the B3 at 24 years old is nothing to be ashamed but it’s not in line with what we were hoping and planning for when we had that thread about a 17 year old Elva:

Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva - Eyed by Arsenal, Barcelona, Benfica & others

if you tell me now that Pepple will never get past that level than that means he’ll never have much, if any, of an impact on the National Program.

10 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Well that’s actually what I mean - sure being a solid player in the B3 at 24 years old is nothing to be ashamed but it’s not in line with what we were hoping and planning for when we had that thread about a 17 year old Elva:

Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva - Eyed by Arsenal, Barcelona, Benfica & others

if you tell me now that Pepple will never get past that level than that means he’ll never have much, if any, of an impact on the National Program.

I see what you mean.

I think we should temper our expectations in general, because we just do not know.

Case in point: Davies, Tabla and Elva were all linked with mega clubs. Davies was the real deal. Tabla seemed to be the real deal, and even got a chance, but did not take it. Elva never got a chance despite the links. These guys can fall anywhere on the spectrum. Not even the clubs themselves know whether they will strike gold. That is why they cast a wide net. 

If you ask me, I think Pepple is closer to an Elva than a Davies, but again I must stress the point. We simply do not know. 

Edit: BTW I have not given up on Elva. He obviously will not be a Davies, but perhaps he can be an Akindele-level player for us. With all the games next year he may even make his debut. I even have hope for Tabla. 

Edited by Obinna

He parents are both doctors, so he has intelligence and hard work built into him. Couple that with his insane physical ability and the kid could do things. At 17 he has a 4% body fat. He is very raw, and wherever he ends up they will have the chance to develop him how they see fit. Will be interesting to see where he lands. 

On 10/15/2020 at 2:01 PM, VinceA said:

Yes he's been in camps before.

He was inexplicably left off the U17 WC roster despite being one of two guys playing professionally at the time (the other being Colyn who was also left off.)

Do we know for sure he is actually eligible though? Born in England, and transfermarkt doesn't mention Canadian citizenship. Davies for example wasn't eligible until right before the 2019 Gold Cup despite coming over at about the same age, and I believe he played U17 friendlies before being eligible for competitive games. It could be that Pepple isn't eligible yet either, I believe his youth team call up was just for friendlies that he maybe didn't even feature in (I can't find evidence that he played on transfermarkt, wikipedia, or CanadaSoccer).

If he's not eligible, that would make his exclusion from the WC team a lot less inexplicable.